There's a Playbook plugin for Flash Builder. What about Flash Catalyst? Can we use that to create Playbook apps?
    05-04-11 10:18 AM
    Here is a link to some developer information about using Adobe flash tools for the Playbook. Perhaps this will answer you question. At this point I have seen no mention of Flash Catalyst.

Flex for the BlackBerry PlayBook in 90 Minutes - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    05-04-11 12:06 PM
    Here is a link to some developer information about using Adobe flash tools for the Playbook. Perhaps this will answer you question. At this point I have seen no mention of Flash Catalyst.

Flex for the BlackBerry PlayBook in 90 Minutes - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    Thanks.

I've been trying to find an answer to this question for the past few weeks. I posted on several relevent forums and so far nobody has an answer.

Maybe mobile Flash Builder/Flash Catalyst is the next big thing and nobody wants to share the secret.
    05-05-11 12:08 PM
    Guyz, the Flash Builder is worth $699 and the preview version is only a 30 Days Trial. What if I want to learn developing and would try my apps on the Playbook and take my time to come up with something decent? Should I just buy it or there is another way for developers to practice before getting down to business?
    I would really appreciate it if someone provided me with a good getting-started guide.
    Thanks
    05-05-11 12:24 PM
    Guyz, the Flash Builder is worth $699 and the preview version is only a 30 Days Trial. What if I want to learn developing and would try my apps on the Playbook and take my time to come up with something decent? Should I just buy it or there is another way for developers to practice before getting down to business?
    I would really appreciate it if someone provided me with a good getting-started guide.
    Thanks
    The Flex SDK is free.

Flash Builder 4.0 is also free, but I don't think if it can be used for mobile development.

Flash Develop is an alternative - Free Flex IDE
    05-05-11 01:12 PM
    I'd be interested too. Is there a relatively low-cost way to get started (with decent documentation/support/usability). If there's a relatively quick/painless way to try it, that would be great. Would self-built apps need to be processed through the app store?
    05-05-11 01:17 PM
    You should try the AirSDK dev forum over at bb Tablet OS SDK for Adobe AIR - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    But in short as long as your app is written in AS3 and packaged as a swf file you can always package a bar file from the command line using the Playbook AirSDK. So in theory you can use any IDE that works for you as long as it can compile AS code (as far as know Flash Builder is built ontop of Eclipse etc )
    05-05-11 01:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD