Hey guys and gals - obviously RIMM has it's hands full, how about guiding them to the most important stuff and stop nit-picking and dissing for now. It's getting overwhelming and confusing.Let's help here instead of dissing them - they have a reputation they are struggling to compete for and this is the most awesome platform I have imagined. OBVIOUSLY it was released half baked but to me that's great, it is IN MY HANDS and we can all help develop this thing. Let's focus on priority areas that make it NON-functional and keep the list to a minimum. Remember, everyone was tired of waiting and had to have it NOW so you got what you asked for stop whining. TO me it should be called a WorkBook and let the toy seekers go Ipad. RIMM focus on what you do best - business and stop trying to get a piece of the consumer pie that everyone else is feasting on.

Here are my 2 biggies -
    1) RELIABLE NON BUGGY WEB BROWSING most annoying is the browser mode where the "back" button wont work, it only responds to SOME link touches but not others, and the refresh button does NOT refresh, along with other browser anomalies that are annoying, various freezes crashes etc, because after all isn't browsing the bare minimum functionality of this thing? Having to close the browser and start all over because of a freeze or a crash is about the highest impediment to productivity I can think of.

2)The bridge files app that show nothing but directories, shows no files, FREEZES if you try to drill into one. BIG DEAL because we want the stuff that's already on our phones!

I will stop there although I have a huge laundry list like everyone else - do this stuff FIRST! (please)
    06-04-11 12:47 AM
    Hey guys and gals - obviously RIMM has it's hands full, how about guiding them to the most important stuff and stop nit-picking and dissing for now. It's getting overwhelming and confusing.Let's help here instead of dissing them - they have a reputation they are struggling to compete for and this is the most awesome platform I have imagined. OBVIOUSLY it was released half baked but to me that's great, it is IN MY HANDS and we can all help develop this thing. Let's focus on priority areas that make it NON-functional and keep the list to a minimum. Remember, everyone was tired of waiting and had to have it NOW so you got what you asked for stop whining. TO me it should be called a WorkBook and let the toy seekers go Ipad. RIMM focus on what you do best - business and stop trying to get a piece of the consumer pie that everyone else is feasting on.

Here are my 2 biggies -
    1) RELIABLE NON BUGGY WEB BROWSING most annoying is the browser mode where the "back" button wont work, it only responds to SOME link touches but not others, and the refresh button does NOT refresh, along with other browser anomalies that are annoying, various freezes crashes etc, because after all isn't browsing the bare minimum functionality of this thing? Having to close the browser and start all over because of a freeze or a crash is about the highest impediment to productivity I can think of.

2)The bridge files app that show nothing but directories, shows no files, FREEZES if you try to drill into one. BIG DEAL because we want the stuff that's already on our phones!

I will stop there although I have a huge laundry list like everyone else - do this stuff FIRST! (please)

Go tell RIM then. Posting this here isn't going to help your situation at all.
    Those aren't issues we can fix for you, although I've never had any of those issues besides with the bridged files app. Which everyone already knew about because that is something a lot of people want/expected. Patience or go complain directly to RIM instead of hoping there is someone from RIM reading this forum.
    06-04-11 12:53 AM
    If a PB user says they don't have any issues with the browser, I'd have a hard time not questioning their integrity. When it works, its great. But with it's random crashing and occasional stutters, not to mention the multiple taps it takes to close a tab sometimes, it is far from a dream to use.
    06-04-11 01:01 AM
    RIM doesn't read these forums. Go email them directly.
    06-04-11 07:38 AM
    RIM needs to replace it's co-CEO's with one person with vision. The ASUS Transformer with Honeycomb 3.0 is out and getting RAVE REVIEWS. Far outselling the XOOM and Playbook, and at $399 from TigerDirect (without the dock) for 16GB model WITH SD CARD SLOT it's a fantastic deal.
    Last edited by dkingsf; 06-04-11 at 08:56 AM.
    06-04-11 08:52 AM
    Fix the bridge browser!
    06-04-11 09:03 AM
    see, thats `your` pirority, read any review and their top 2 priorities should be native PIM and autocorrection on typing.

jus sayin, your priority and the next persons priority arent always the same.
    06-04-11 09:06 AM
    Get the PB up to speed...Bridge speed improvements, add SMS texting, auto/spell check, native email, some main stream chat clients, kill the bugs, folder creation, ability to edit and organize favorites in the browsers.

Skip OS 7 and push the QNX folks into 24/7 to have QNX ready by the start of school.
    Focus on on high end trend setting phone with QNX that everyone will want.
    This will drive interest and buy time and drive interest in the rest of the phone
    coming out with QNX in 2012.

Drop the Style...add font cameras to all BB Phones and push ATT to allow the Torch to go CDMA.
    If they wont, EOL the damn thing. Sorry Torch folks. Doing exclusive phones for one carrier is killing BB.
    ATT is not friendly to their customers,,particularly BB owners. I think if the Torch was improved and released
    on CDMA networks and not ATT it will do better, sales wise.

To many phones, need to cut it down to three max. Curve, Torch or Bold Touch and full blown BB Touch at the top end.

And get your stock up! i have lost almost $500 in the past three days!

Tim

Ps, I have contacted RIM via support and phone about the listed items. So should everyone else. I even provide them with links to areas of these forums.
    Last edited by trsbbs; 06-04-11 at 09:53 AM.
    06-04-11 09:50 AM
    see, thats `your` pirority, read any review and their top 2 priorities should be native PIM and autocorrection on typing.

You are very correct. Autocorrect, spellcheck, and the ability to edit typos easier are mine along with a slew of other fixes. A pdf reader with search/find and jump-to-page. A shortcut in the Browser for Homepage/top/bottom and a search browser page. A close tab list since hitting that tiny X is not all that exact! And the list goes on and on.....
    06-04-11 10:13 AM
    This has already been posted how many other times? Use the search function and you will see. Add your thoughts to a similar post.
    06-04-11 10:18 AM

Thanks crackberry genius, but I clearly stated that those were my "my" priorities and I clearly asked for everyone else's. I'm not being flip, but learn to read and by the way learn to spell and type and then autocorrect won't be such an issue for you. I turn mine off because it is more annoying to "correct" its interpretation of what I am trying to type than it is to just type it.

There are far better PIM apps available (for the phones anyway - try slicktasks) than the native ones - and as far as I know they are accessible through Bridge to your phone.

As for other comments - I HAVE emailed RIMM, I have also started this same thread on blackberry's forum (far better received by the way than the blackberry snobs in here...) I am sure they are overwhelmed with email, and as far as I'm concerned the more exposure the better.. sooo excuuuuuse me, for trying to do something positive.
    06-05-11 03:59 PM
    The trend on the Blackberry forums seem to be that as a minimum, they just want it to do what their phone does reliably - OS6. I agree, let's start with that.

A Blackberry phone magnifying glass that responds to commands from the phone's keyboard and allows a better web browsing experience - larger screen and touch - (WITHOUT BUGS STUTTERS FREEZES AND CRASHES) would be a simple and useful place to start. Agreement? Disagreement?
    06-05-11 04:08 PM
    Thanks crackberry genius, but I clearly stated that those were my "my" priorities and I clearly asked for everyone else's. I'm not being flip, but learn to read and by the way learn to spell and type and then autocorrect won't be such an issue for you. I turn mine off because it is more annoying to "correct" its interpretation of what I am trying to type than it is to just type it.

There are far better PIM apps available (for the phones anyway - try slicktasks) than the native ones - and as far as I know they are accessible through Bridge to your phone.

As for other comments - I HAVE emailed RIMM, I have also started this same thread on blackberry's forum (far better received by the way than the blackberry snobs in here...) I am sure they are overwhelmed with email, and as far as I'm concerned the more exposure the better.. sooo excuuuuuse me, for trying to do something positive.
    im sorry that i seem to have offended you, i was simply stating that everybodys priorities are different, so dont be too dismayed if they sort other things first.
    06-05-11 04:20 PM
    For me apps are the problem (or lack there of). If they can get the android issue out that allows easy port over it would be major for me.
    06-05-11 04:29 PM
    Fyi, posted this a little while back .

1. Delete function: Alt+backspace
    2. Switch the alt and shift key back to match my bb :-)
    3. Spell check/autocorrect
    4. Allow full screen & copy/paste through bridge e-mail
    5. Allow the browser to use the front camera as a web cam for video conferencing
    6. More robust docs to go

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    909F2 likes this.
    06-05-11 04:41 PM
    i just want them to get the compass and gps working. I assumed those would be working out of the box (kinks and all).

I don't own an Apple product but i know they have the compass and GPS. Do those work flawlessly? Should i expect the same performance?
    06-05-11 05:55 PM
    i just want them to get the compass and gps working. I assumed those would be working out of the box (kinks and all).

I don't own an Apple product but i know they have the compass and GPS. Do those work flawlessly? Should i expect the same performance?
    As far as I know only the 3G versions of the iPad have real GPS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-11 06:02 PM
    and stop calling them RIMM!
    06-05-11 07:55 PM
    For me apps are the problem (or lack there of). If they can get the android issue out that allows easy port over it would be major for me.
    curious then, jimpilot, and I don't mean this in a condescending way, but if apps are your biggie, why even buy a playbook over an ipad or droid tab?
    06-06-11 03:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD