I dropped a new app into my "Video and Media" folder and instead of ending up inside the folder, the app became superimposed on top of the folder. As a result, I couldn't launch the app. So I decided to uninstall and then reinstall the app. However, after uninstalling the app, not only did the app uninstall but my "Video and Media" folder disappeared along with it! Hard reset didn't fix the problem nor did checking for updates.

By uninstalling each of the apps I had in that folder and then reinstalling them, I was able to restore all icons EXCEPT the two native apps that were in there, namely the video and camera apps.

After wasting a bunch of time, I turned to the app world as a desperate measure. I searched for the word "video" and lucked upon the app named "Video Camera", which just launches the native camera app with the video mode enabled on opening! Bingo, problem solved!

I thought I'd share this in case someone else loses either their video or camera icons.

It would be brilliant if a developer could create "apps" that simply launch native apps and do that for each native app so that the playbook community could quickly recover from the loss of a native app icon.

The only native app I'm now missing is the "Video Store Canada" app which I'll have to live without until the next OS update.

Sigh
    10-18-12 10:44 PM
    I believe the dev who made the video camera app (which is brilliant) also has an app for what you described. He's also a frequent forum member as well.
    Click on the scrapps link in appworld and you might find what I'm referring to. I believe it may be called app tray? I could be wrong but you should find what I'm talking about.

Ps. You should be able to download the video store from appworld directly.
    10-18-12 11:23 PM
    i had a similar problem, i my case appworld icon was gone
    I could still launch it through updates notifications tho. A security wipe sure would fix it but i was to lazy at that time to reinstall all my apps again so i just dealed with it... i also kept an old version of a app i dont use on the playbook to be able to access the store at any time

well now my pb is in RMA, will have to setup it again anyway, still its annoying to have problems like this... :-/ and no other fix than wiping
    10-19-12 02:53 AM
    In theory, I should be able to install/reinstall the "Video Store Canada" app from App World. Unfortunately, the only button available for the app in App World is "Delete".

I also tried uninstalling (Delete) the app (it's actually listed as installed, unlike most native apps); however, I just get a spinning hourglass that lasts forever and appears to do nothing.

It seems to be impossible to recover this app. However, I don't care too much as I can live without it. Less revenue for RIM as I won't be tempted to watch any movies (which I have done twice already)...

I'll have a look for the "app tray" app from Scrapps. Thanks!
    10-19-12 01:00 PM
    I dropped a new app into my "Video and Media" folder and instead of ending up inside the folder, the app became superimposed on top of the folder. As a result, I couldn't launch the app. So I decided to uninstall and then reinstall the app. However, after uninstalling the app, not only did the app uninstall but my "Video and Media" folder disappeared along with it! Hard reset didn't fix the problem nor did checking for updates.

By uninstalling each of the apps I had in that folder and then reinstalling them, I was able to restore all icons EXCEPT the two native apps that were in there, namely the video and camera apps.

After wasting a bunch of time, I turned to the app world as a desperate measure. I searched for the word "video" and lucked upon the app named "Video Camera", which just launches the native camera app with the video mode enabled on opening! Bingo, problem solved!

I thought I'd share this in case someone else loses either their video or camera icons.

It would be brilliant if a developer could create "apps" that simply launch native apps and do that for each native app so that the playbook community could quickly recover from the loss of a native app icon.

The only native app I'm now missing is the "Video Store Canada" app which I'll have to live without until the next OS update.

Sigh
    I can't find the video camera app that you speak of? I have a Q10 and my camera no longer appears in the bottom right hand corner
    06-09-13 05:42 PM
    I can't find the video camera app that you speak of? I have a Q10 and my camera no longer appears in the bottom right hand corner
    This is the Playbook subforum. Are you interested in the app for the PB or the q10 phone? There is NO native video camera app, even for the pb, but someone created on so you can skip the step of opening the STILL camera and changing it to video mode. I don't know if it would work on the q10.
    06-09-13 06:12 PM