I recently bought a z10 last week for AT&T and have been looking for a good deal on a PlayBook. Just a couple minutes ago, 32gb PlayBook with 3.99 one day shipping from amazon. 189.99.
    That seems like a steal of a deal to me I can't wait to use it tomorrow.
    How does everyone like their play books?

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    04-16-13 02:09 PM
    Hey that's a pretty good deal. I only have the 16 GB model and have never managed to fill it up because I mainly use it for reading-related activities. You're going to enjoy it. I'm loving it with my Bold 9900.
    04-16-13 02:15 PM
    Okay 9900 plus PlayBook is a good deal, but with Z10 you may will be disappointed...

The Z10 is just a big step forward from PlayBook. On the hardware side and the software side. The software side may change sometimes in the future, but hardware on the PlayBook is just 2010.

On the other side - you would not get anything near for this price... I use it every day since launch...

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 02:28 PM
    Welcome. Watch this demo for the swyping gestures. It is one of the best features of the OS, I think..
    BlackBerry PlayBook 4G LTE-4G-3G 2.0 Demos, Help & Support - US
    04-16-13 02:47 PM
    Okay 9900 plus PlayBook is a good deal, but with Z10 you may will be disappointed...

The Z10 is just a big step forward from PlayBook. On the hardware side and the software side. The software side may change sometimes in the future, but hardware on the PlayBook is just 2010.

On the other side - you would not get anything near for this price... I use it every day since launch...

Posted via CB10
    hardware is still solid & it's a great tablet,,, the only issue you may have is that you won't get the full enjoyment out of it 'til they fix the "Z's" broken bridge functionality,,, that's one of the ways the PB really shines...
    04-16-13 03:28 PM
    hardware is still solid & it's a great tablet,,, the only issue you may have is that you won't get the full enjoyment out of it 'til they fix the "Z's" broken bridge functionality,,, that's one of the ways the PB really shines...
    What do you mean the z broken bridge functionality

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 05:03 PM
    What do you mean the z broken bridge functionality

Posted via CB10
    BB has left out many of the PlayBooks' bridge functions w/ the Z10 ,,, if you are familiar w/ how bridge works on BBOS, you may be a little disappointed when trying to use the "Z" in bridged mode,,, do a search, there is more info on this topic here...
    04-16-13 06:09 PM
    Be ready to fall in love! Checkout some of the great vids on this site. And be sure to visit CB regularly. You will get much more out of your Berries!
    04-16-13 10:40 PM
    Love my PlayBook

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    04-16-13 10:55 PM
    That's a terrible deal, I bought my 64gb Playbook for 99.99. Love my glorified comic and book reader.
    04-17-13 01:44 AM
    I love my playbook! I've had mine for almost 2yrs now and I'm still not tired of it. I love watching movies and shows on it, while I try to fall asleep.
    LeKeiser likes this.
    04-17-13 02:04 AM
    That's a good deal considering it's going to be able to have BlackBerry10. I really like mine. The Web browser is good and there are some good games for it too. I use mine mainly for Web browsing and listening to music (it has really good, loud speakers). I also have Zinio and read magazines, and you can sideload Amazon Kindle or use Kobo to read. I'm sure Kindle will be available for it whenever the PlayBook gets BB10.

The Bridge features from older devices are missing now that I have my Z10, but when they fix that, I'll be totally happy once again.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 04:39 AM
    Thanks for everyone's input. Looks like a great device and ill be able to do a lot with it. I regularly side load with my z10, (instagram, what up) so ill be loading up my PlayBook with anything that it doesn't already have.
    Just one question for you all. Any cases necessary? I've never used one for a tablet

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 06:16 AM
    Thanks for everyone's input. Looks like a great device and ill be able to do a lot with it. I regularly side load with my z10, (instagram, what up) so ill be loading up my PlayBook with anything that it doesn't already have.
    Just one question for you all. Any cases necessary? I've never used one for a tablet

Posted via CB10
    First, welcome and enjoy the pb.

Whether to protect in a case is entirely personal. I've got mine encased in an Otterbox which many consider overkill. There are the occasional tales of broken screens or dinged corners but I'm pretty sure thousands have no case and have fared well. A few toddlers have managed mayhem from postings and one or two have driven over their pb's.
    04-17-13 08:50 AM
    Screen protectors and cases are a matter of personal preference. I like the protection of a case when I travel but it adds bulk. Best are Otterbox and Ballistic. Or you can get those leather portfolios. A naked PB feels really good, too, if you are just at home. Just don't drop it. LOL.
    04-17-13 08:58 AM
    Screen protectors and cases are a matter of personal preference. I like the protection of a case when I travel but it adds bulk. Best are Otterbox and Ballistic. Or you can get those leather portfolios. A naked PB feels really good, too, if you are just at home. Just don't drop it. LOL.
    Haha that's kind of how I am going to use mine. In the home naked
    But in reality the device looks great, can't wait to see how it feels in the hand

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 09:07 AM
    Since you are new to the Playbook: this tumblr page of mine might be a good start when looking for great apps.

Playbook App Circus (now containing 70+ app mini-reviews)
    Last edited by Richard Kapp; 04-17-13 at 09:41 AM.
    SEAWARRIOR and RECOOL like this.
    04-17-13 09:21 AM
    Since you are new to the Playbook: this tumblr page of mine might be a good start when looking for great apps.

lotta time went into that,,, could you update the page w/ prices & links,,, that would be great...
    04-17-13 02:05 PM
    No, since prices of apps can change and I don't want to look through 70+ apps everyday to check if the prices are still valid. I am not sure what you mean with links, but below each screenshot there is a link to the app on Blackberry World...
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    04-17-13 03:26 PM

Thanks man. For sure I will check it out. Always appreciate when people put hard work into something

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 05:11 PM
    Love my PlayBook too, I use it every day to browse, and check mail, FB, Twitter, etc.. Music Player is awesome. Download the bridge application without your SIM card installed, restart, and you can work around carrier fees that way. As for the case, check out the Blurex case. It is slim, nice looking, and gives access to the bezel. Also has steps to stand your PB at a good viewing angle. I put HD movies on mine, have movies, will travel. With your Z10, you can share directly to your PB. Try out the Z10, and DLNA!! Grand!
    MarlenaRosie likes this.
    04-17-13 06:50 PM
    Typed using my PlayBook.
    04-17-13 06:54 PM
    Haha that's kind of how I am going to use mine. In the home naked
    But in reality the device looks great, can't wait to see how it feels in the hand

Posted via CB10
    When I first got mine last fall I loved the feel of using it naked but snce it is such a great device I found myself using it for hours at a time and I developed what I call 'tablet wrist'. My wrist got sore from holding it while using it for web browsing, emailing and all the other nice things the PlayBook is capable of.
    It weighs nearly a pound which doesn't sound like much but after holding it at an angle for a few hours it got kind of painful so I got a Targus Truss case off eBay for $7 and found it made using my PlayBook much more pleasant.
    Made typing easier too because I could use both hands and all my fingers to type instead of just a few on my right hand.
    I have since gotten the Case Mate Pop case and love it. It has a stand so you can have it usable that way too.
    Last edited by KittyBomb; 04-17-13 at 09:10 PM.
    04-17-13 08:53 PM
    Get a blackberry convertible case, trust me you will want it and like it.

It can be setup into a stand and also its like the playbook journal, but the journal does not convert to a stand.
    04-18-13 10:16 AM
    Get a blackberry convertible case, trust me you will want it and like it.
    If you're going to get that case, spend a bit less, and buy one of the 360 cases instead. As well as having more flexibility, but still does all the BlackBerry convertible case does, side by side, it compares favourably in terms of quality - plus the strap looks more substantial.
    04-18-13 10:23 AM