OK first I have always used A MAC for business purposes. I am an IT manager and a MAC works best for what I have to do. I am neither an Apple or RIM fanboy. Both companies have excellent products that serve specific markets. I recently saw the sale for a $299 64G Playbook and purchased it and absolutely love it. I still like my iPad2 but the PlayBook is sweet.

I have to go to Hawaii in 2 weeks on business (Yeah I know Hawaii but I will only have one day to enjoy the island where I will not be working). I have loaded up my Playbook with some PDF reference manuals I will need for work as well as some movies to watch on the plane and of course some games. I also bought the Otterbox case and love it. I will post a follow up on how well the PB worked for me both leisure and work when I return.
    01-13-12 11:14 AM
    just make sure the sound on your videos work, the PlayBook doesn't support AC3 for now
    01-13-12 11:17 AM
    Thanks I saw that on another thread and checked all the movies and music videos and all works fine. Thanks for bring that up, appreciated.
    01-13-12 11:42 AM
    I went on a 2 days business trip with my playbook. It was nice being able to do everything I needed for work connected through the Citrix reciever, yet not carry a bulky laptop and case. I used the screenshot function to save images of all my hotels and rental car infos. I even took a snapshot of my online boarding pass and displayed it on the PB to the attendants. I recorded meetings and took some notes.

It would have been better if I had it bridged, but I managed to do without and it did the job.
    01-13-12 11:43 AM
    My wife and I returned from 2 weeks in the Dominican, where our PlayBooks played an important roll for us.

We used the video chat to stay in touch with my parents back in Waterloo....the home of RIM. (Yes, my Mom has a PlayBook as well)

While relaxing on the beach during the day, both my wife and I used the PlayEpub application for our book reading.

While we were away, Angry Birds was released. I bought all 3, which I played in between some reading and swimming. (There were alot of rum n' Cokes in there as well).

One afternoon a couple fellow Canadians came walking down the beach with a giant Canadian flag in tow, singing Oh Canada. Clearly, there were alot of rum n' Cokes in them as well. My wife was gone at the time to grab some lunch (I just waited for the beach pizza delivery). So my wife could see these guys, I minimized Angry Birds along with the already minimized PlayEpub app, and opened the video recorder. I recorded a nice 2 and a half minute 1080 video of the guys with the flag. Then I closed it up and went back to Angry Birds Rio.

A few nights later while sitting at the bar having drinks with some friends we made from Montreal, my PlayBook made an appearance so my wife and I could ad our new friends to FaceBook. We flipped through a few pictures of the house we had just finished building, and through a few pictures of family, friends, and of course our dog.

In the morning my wife and I would check our email while sitting on our porch. We were still in communication with our builder and our mortgage broker closing up some final details on, as previously mentioned, the house we'd only just moved into 2 weeks before we left for vacation.

I also used my PlayBook on both plane rides to watch Boardwalk Empire (So, SO good). I plugged in my noise canceling headphones, and enjoyed the out of my time on the plane.

I brought my HDMI cable with me, and one evening when we decided to have an early night. I plugged the PlayBook into the plasma TV in our room, and watched an episode of Boardwalk on the big screen.

This thing is a great piece of equipment. I love it, and it travelles nearly everywhere with me. AND this is only the pre 2.0 version I'm using. Can't wait to see what other great uses I can find for it when the update comes.

You should have no problem making good use of your PlayBook while in Hawaii. Enjoy.

Edit: My wife just pointed out to me that one evening I watched the remainder of two west coast hockey games from NHL.com on it as well.
    Last edited by RicZoh; 01-13-12 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Added more text.
    01-13-12 04:04 PM
    Great write-up, RicZoh! What did our Grand Parents ever do without this kind of technology?!?
    01-13-12 05:01 PM
    If your not using it , its a good idea to turn off wireless (it uses up memory and processor) and set your display dimmer to save on batteries. I was amazed at how long the batteries ran for and also how quickly the recharged.

Play AVI files on PlayBook perfectly (both audio and video)Play AVI files on PlayBook perfectly (both audio and video) - download/grab flash/flv and more things about flash/flv
    01-13-12 05:35 PM
    Great write-up, RicZoh! What did our Grand Parents ever do without this kind of technology?!?
    The crude birthrate, or number of live births for every 1,000 people, has decreased by 25.4 per cent over the past 10 years, said the report, released yesterday.

Now you know what your grandparents did. Not so bad eh???
    Omahahaha likes this.
    01-13-12 06:08 PM
    My wife and I returned from 2 weeks in the Dominican, where our PlayBooks played an important roll for us.
    im so jealous..... i been wanting to go visit my family....
    01-13-12 06:23 PM

Now you know what your grandparents did. Not so bad eh???
    LOL! Maybe they were onto something!
    01-13-12 11:19 PM
    Say, could you tell me what you used to carry your Playbook around with you while on holiday? We're heading for a holiday to Mexico and I want to take it but I don't want it to be conspicuous. It's small but not small enough for a pocket. Loved your description of all the uses, definitely appealing to take along some videos.
    01-29-12 10:07 PM
    Say, could you tell me what you used to carry your Playbook around with you while on holiday? We're heading for a holiday to Mexico and I want to take it but I don't want it to be conspicuous. It's small but not small enough for a pocket. Loved your description of all the uses, definitely appealing to take along some videos.
    I've taken my Playbook to many other countries in this. It makes it look pretty inconspicuous, plus I have found it helpful to hold documents such as passports and boarding passes while traveling by air. Another good case that might help is this one, which is also on sale. It doesn't have pockets like the Targus, but its thinner and pretty inconspicuous.
    01-29-12 11:44 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions. You know, I looked at them and thought maybe I'd just rig up something myself. I just cut out the pages in a hard covered book-size notebook/diary and glued in some foam core to hold the Playbook and actually it fits well and looks like a book. It's mostly so it doesn't attract attention while I carry it around. here's a link to a picture of it.
    01-31-12 12:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD