Not bad.

Video chat with my buddy in HK. Some blockiness and little bit slow.

The little window that shows you can be dragged into different places on the screen. You can pinch zoom it too.

The menu is a press of the bottom of the LCD screen, not the frame.

Cannot video chat in portrait mode.

It bring up option to reverse the can and hang up.

Voice is not bad either. Can be better.

It's pretty neat to have a portable video chat. He showed me outside HK thrugh his widow.

The crappy thing is that you need to get someone's BBID.
    Last edited by narci; 05-03-11 at 01:01 AM.
    JustinGTP and dundan like this.
    05-03-11 12:58 AM
    05-03-11 03:12 AM
    The crappy thing is that you need to get someone's BBID.
    I am actually considering making a NEW BBID right now
    I have no desire to share my BBID as it stands now with the masses
    05-03-11 07:06 AM
    Yes, the fact it (well, the whole pb id concept) relies on an EMAIL address for ID seems odd.
    05-03-11 10:08 AM
    why would you video chat with someone but not be willing to give out your email to them? seems much more personal to video chat then email...
    05-03-11 10:44 AM
    Because Naked Web Cam sites will have your real email and when they find out who you are, and your wife answers the phone, it won't be a good day! lol...just kidding.

Everyone has different email addresses for different things. You don't want clients or customers or even collegues knowing your [email protected] email address, and you don't want others knowing your work email...so yeah, I can see not wanting everyone having one email address or ID for you.
    05-03-11 11:00 AM
    I am actually considering making a NEW BBID right now
    I have no desire to share my BBID as it stands now with the masses
    Can you have one device tied to more than one BBID?
    05-03-11 11:05 AM
    Can you have one device tied to more than one BBID?
    I don't think this is possible, i am in the opposite conundrum, 2 playbooks same BBID can't video chat between the two Have to wipe one of the devices. I am kind of surprised that they don't provide for an alias or something that one could use for VC separate from the email address. You would think there would be many scenarios where you might want the playbook device tied to a master user (small biz and family situations) where the device is set-up by one person with the charges tied to that one user or individuals credit card but the device is to be deployed to different individuals.
    05-03-11 10:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD