hey so just picked up my new play book tonight and im setting it up and got to the spot where it says softwear update will start with charge is at 20% but ive had it pluged in for 15 mins and hasnt even moved one bit?

can anyone let me know whats up?
    12-01-11 04:59 PM
    give it a little time. the initial setup takes some time. the battery is larger than a cell phone so it will take longer to charge.
    12-01-11 05:02 PM
    You also need to use the PlayBook charger rather than a phone charger or a usb cable to the pc for charging. When the Playbook first came out a lot of people were having problems because they were not using the right charger.
    12-01-11 05:09 PM
    If you have it plugged in via USB to your computer it will not charge. You need to ensure you're using the charger that came with the playbook - it's a lot faster than the regular bb chargers. Just thought I'd mention that

PS: Dang! you beat me!!
    Last edited by modine; 12-01-11 at 05:12 PM. Reason: simulposted
    12-01-11 05:11 PM
    Yes, I had that issue, but a quick call to tech support suggested that I turn off the PB, and charge it with the rapid wall charger you should have. Wait an hour or so, don't turn her on, and just connect to your PC and she'll fire right up with instructions for you to follow.

Cheers
    12-01-11 05:13 PM
    can u charge your phone with the pb charger?
    12-01-11 06:22 PM
    Absolutely!
    12-01-11 06:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD