anyone know why this is happening :S
    05-03-11 10:20 PM
    I think enable UPnP on the router was the fix, it was mentioned in another thread..does that sound right?
    05-03-11 10:45 PM
    nope my upnp is enabled...
    05-03-11 10:55 PM
    reboot(press and hold red button plus volume up and down button for 5 secs) your playbook and it should be fine, i had same problem
    05-03-11 11:27 PM
    tried that too on hold now with rim tech support
    05-03-11 11:34 PM
    same here.. any answers?
    05-04-11 12:43 AM
    Got two PBs video chating while on the same WiFi router at work. Couldn't duplicate the success from home last night when the PBs were separated by the Internet (on different routers) -- stymied by the firewall error message. Checked both firewall settings and UPnP was enabled.
    05-04-11 11:45 AM
    it was my firewall settings i had to disable it completely instead of having it on address restricted a way around it is to add the playbooks mac address to yiur router mac address list
    05-04-11 11:56 AM
    Got mine working. I have a Belkin WiFi router. I had to login to the router, then under Firewall -> DMZ, I had to enable the IP address of the PlayBook (which I found in Settings -> About -> Network)

Here was the exact description of the setting in the router:

"The DMZ feature allows you to specify one computer on your network to be placed outside of the NAT firewall. This may be necessary if the NAT feature is causing problems with an application such as a game or video conferencing application. Use this feature on a temporary basis.The computer in the DMZ is not protected from hacker attacks.To put a computer in the DMZ, enter the last digits of its IP address in the field below and select "Enable". Click"Apply Changes"for the change to take effect."
    05-04-11 01:43 PM
    Got mine working. I have a Belkin WiFi router. I had to login to the router, then under Firewall -> DMZ, I had to enable the IP address of the PlayBook (which I found in Settings -> About -> Network)

Here was the exact description of the setting in the router:

"The DMZ feature allows you to specify one computer on your network to be placed outside of the NAT firewall. This may be necessary if the NAT feature is causing problems with an application such as a game or video conferencing application. Use this feature on a temporary basis.The computer in the DMZ is not protected from hacker attacks.To put a computer in the DMZ, enter the last digits of its IP address in the field below and select "Enable". Click"Apply Changes"for the change to take effect."
    which one i have to enter the last digit

i already enter mode setting-about-network

wireless

IPv6 this one?
    IPv4 This one?
    Mac Address This one?

which one i should enter the last digit?
    05-04-11 02:08 PM
    Ya did the same thing last night and it worked for me, took it out of the the DMZ right after. Having anything in the DMZ is not a good idea. RIM needs to come up with a fix for this sooner than later.
    05-04-11 02:13 PM
    Ya did the same thing last night and it worked for me, took it out of the the DMZ right after. Having anything in the DMZ is not a good idea. RIM needs to come up with a fix for this sooner than later.
    DMZ is fine. Having your PlayBook is the DMZ won't cause any harm to anything. I have my PS3 in my DMZ for best gaming possible.
    05-04-11 02:56 PM
    DMZ is fine. Having your PlayBook is the DMZ won't cause any harm to anything. I have my PS3 in my DMZ for best gaming possible.
    Just because you do it doesnt make it a good or safe idea. Perhaps Sony had the same line of thinking with PSN
    05-04-11 02:59 PM
    You do NOT want to leave a device in the DMZ... If you had file sharing turned on with no password, someone could connect right to your PB and grab files from it over the internet!!

I'm going to do some probing and figure out which ports are used.
    Shao128 likes this.
    05-04-11 03:25 PM
    443 - TCP

3478 - TCP + UDP

45535 - 65535 UDP

according to rim support these ports need to be opened, or the 'DeMilitarized Zone' works as well...
    05-04-11 03:29 PM
    Here's a simple example of why a DMZ can be very dangerous. Don't get me wrong, you're safer with the PB on it then a Windows XP box, but still...
    DMZ Dangers

You've got it at home overnight when the hunters are out looking for open web servers and file shares. If you aren't using a password with file sharing your PB's file contents are completely exposed. Just keep that in mind...
    05-04-11 05:28 PM
    You've got it at home overnight when the hunters are out looking for open web servers and file shares. If you aren't using a password with file sharing your PB's file contents are completely exposed. Just keep that in mind...
    Just a reminder... there is no "night" on the internet. Bad Guys are always awake somewhere in the world.
    05-05-11 11:30 AM
    ok well i am trying the DMZ thing -
    anyone wanna buzz me - [email protected]

please no creepy stuff - i am at work and will only answer a few calls - just to see if it is working... thanks.
    05-05-11 11:34 AM
    05-05-11 11:58 AM
    What if you leave your PB in DMZ but leave wifi file sharing turned off and password protected? How dangerous could it really be in that situation? I honestly don't have a clue and would love some advice on this.

My router only allows for video chat and wifi file sharing when my PB is in DMZ. Is this something a different kind of router might fix? Or can I safely leave my PB in DMZ as long as I use a password on file sharing?
    05-05-11 09:45 PM
    i got that error on the wifi at blackberry world.
    05-05-11 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD