I was prepared to wait a long time for BB10, which I think will be great, but recently I had to go to a seminar abroad, and for that I needed some professional apps that were not available on the playbook.

Here are my first impressions.

HARDWARE

There are good and bad points in both. The main difference is the amoled screen. Basically, you lose in color accuracy and you gain in readability.

On the whole I prefer the playbook, except for reading.

SOFTWARE

There just is no comparison. Your bank is there, your travel company is there�

It is true there is lot of crayp on Android, but then RIM decided to make their appworld a pile of crayp too, although they were supposed to be the professional and executive-class ones�

GENERAL FEELING

I am relieved I am no longer dependent on RIM, not because they are developing a marginal platform, but because they make gross mistakes that really stink :

- No podcast app for Europe
    - No vertical view in email
    - No bookmarks management

This is not a worldwide class company. They rest on their laurels from the nineties, but when you see what the competition does by default�

I am also relieved I no longer have to reply to the fanboys (or fantrolls more accurately) on Crackberry. I came here thinking it was serious, but I had to read things like :

- You will lose warranty if you reboot
    - You are a troll if you want to type emails with your thumbs
    - There are legal issues for downloading podcasts in Europe
    - And whatever, new nonsense comes up everyday

I know it is difficult to accept psychologically, but I have seen the phenomenon before : you register in a party because you believe in a cause, but your cause fails because it is YOU who represent it. Tragic, really.

Or another explanation is that this forum is populated by very young boys, who play a tribal war now, not even remembering or understanding what they say, and will not themselves even consider buying a RIM product when they become adults and get their own budget.

But anyway, I don�t care now, I can shut up because I just have all the features I can dream of on Android. I will definitely keep my playbook though, as a photo display, and for some light gaming. For which it is great.
    rcm1301 and direfan like this.
    06-11-12 01:16 PM
    I can shut up because I just have all the features I can dream of on Android
    Thanks for that.
    Good luck to you.
    06-11-12 01:21 PM
    populated by very young boys
    Evidence please
    06-11-12 01:34 PM
    I'm glad you found a device you enjoy and suits your needs.
    06-11-12 01:35 PM
    Who cares?
    Nels, sk8er_tor, bluetroll and 6 others like this.
    06-11-12 01:36 PM
    I was prepared to wait a long time for BB10, which I think will be great, but recently I had to go to a seminar abroad, and for that I needed some professional apps that were not available on the playbook.

Here are my first impressions.

HARDWARE

There are good and bad points in both. The main difference is the amoled screen. Basically, you lose in color accuracy and you gain in readability.

SOFTWARE

There just is no comparison. Your bank is there, your travel company is there�

It is true there is lot of crayp on Android, but then RIM decided to make their appworld a pile of crayp too, although they were supposed to be the professional and executive-class ones�

GENERAL FEELING

I am relieved I am no longer dependent on RIM, not because they are developing a marginal platform, but because they make gross mistakes that really stink :

This is not a worldwide class company. They rest on their laurels from the nineties, but when you see what the competition does by default�

I am also relieved I no longer have to reply to the fanboys (or fantrolls more accurately) on Crackberry. I came here thinking it was serious, but I had to read things like :

- And whatever, new nonsense comes up everyday

I know it is difficult to accept psychologically, but I have seen the phenomenon before : you register in a party because you believe in a cause, but your cause fails because it is YOU who represent it. Tragic, really.

Or another explanation is that this forum is populated by very young boys, who play a tribal war now, not even remembering or understanding what they say, and will not themselves even consider buying a RIM product when they become adults and get their own budget.

But anyway, I don�t care now, I can shut up because I just have all the features I can dream of on Android. I will definitely keep my playbook though, as a photo display, and for some light gaming. For which it is great.
    Glad you enjoy your new tablet. I hope you're not disappointed if it's not eligible for an upgrade when Jelly Bean hits.

Portrait email and bookmark management is coming soon. Podcasts are content that have copyright restrictions require contract negotiations that might or might not be coming.

And finally, RIM made no concious decision about the quality of apps in App World. RIM is in transition and there are a lot of software companies who, based on the recent developer conference, are waiting to see if BB10 is what RIM says it will be. If this is the case, I'm sure you can expect a major influx of apps. This is not up to RIM. It's up to the developers of these apps.

If you were an Apple owner in the '90s, you probably had similar complaints when the major apps were available in Windows, but not in the Mac OS. I'm not saying that RIM can do a comeback of the magnitude of Apple, but if BB10 sparks interest, then the tone in the forums will be quite different.

Just sayin'
    KOOLWATER, OniBerry and mrzeolite like this.
    06-11-12 01:42 PM
    Quote : "I don’t care now, I can shut up"

Yes. Please do and goodbye.
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    06-11-12 02:00 PM
    Ditto for who cares, but this:

is no longer true.. Also I doubt this is any kind of a real reason why someone would abandon a platform...
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    06-11-12 02:03 PM
    Congrats
    If I were earning myself i'd have bought Samsung tab. Playbook for me acts as a fantastic camera, movie player and SOMETHING TO SHOW OFF(Blackberry in India is something WOW to own ).
    You know it is sucks when you can't even upload pics to Facebook/twitter/Instagram directly from the gallery. All I can do is to wait for BB10.
    Bakamushi and rcm1301 like this.
    06-11-12 02:04 PM
    Well i have no problem uploading to fb and twitter and all the other sites. Instagram is different , but even that will soon be accessible. You just need to learn how to use your PlayBook or maybe technology is not for you.
    Cheers
    06-11-12 02:15 PM
    Can't wait to read your new post when BB10 phones come out and then the Playbook gets it's BB10 upgrade.
    06-11-12 02:23 PM
    Nexus 7 from Google will be available end of June, and will blow all current 7" tabs out of the water. Will be quad core, great screen, expandable memory, $200-250, etc, etc. Do a search.
    Technology evolves and one year old gadgets are just that.
    slbailey1 and rcm1301 like this.
    06-11-12 02:32 PM
    Nexus 7 from Google will be available end of June, and will blow all current 7" tabs out of the water. Will be quad core, great screen, expandable memory, $200-250, etc, etc. Do a search.
    Technology evolves and one year old gadgets are just that.
    Everyone said the same thing about the Transformer Prime...
    OniBerry and rotorwrench like this.
    06-11-12 02:48 PM

5-Here are my first impressions.

HARDWARE

SOFTWARE

There just is no comparison. Your bank is there, your travel company is there…

It is true there is lot of crayp on Android, but then RIM decided to make their appworld a pile of crayp too, although they were supposed to be the professional and executive-class ones…

GENERAL FEELING

- 2-No vertical view in email

This is not a worldwide class company. They rest on their laurels from the nineties, but when you see what the competition does by default…

I am also relieved I no longer have to reply to the fanboys (or fantrolls more accurately) on Crackberry. I came here thinking it was serious,1-but I had to read things like:

- 4-And whatever, new nonsense comes up everyday

But anyway, I don’t care now, 3-I can shut up because I just have all the features I can dream of on Android. I will definitely keep my playbook though, as a photo display, and for some light gaming. For which it is great.
    1: No one made you read them.
    2: No longer true.
    3: Now would be a good time.
    4: Your post was nonsense.
    5: Don't add your "impressions" if they serve as no purpose to anyone.

So with that said please go away and enjoy your toy.
    Last edited by antiRIM; 06-11-12 at 03:08 PM.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    06-11-12 02:54 PM
    Finally we won't have to see your "I hate this, I don't like that, why don't they change this type posts ......... just move on and delete your link to this page.

Take your hate here http://www.thegalaxytabforum.com/ and read things like this "I've just received my shiny new Galaxy Tab 7.7 (16GB Wifi 3G) and am also having problems connecting to my WiFi" or " I have a Samsung Model 7.7 the device does not connect through a final port PC via USB Cable, Screens not working black no life in it"

Bye bye.
    Last edited by kretch; 06-11-12 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Miss spell
    louzer, sk8er_tor and rotorwrench like this.
    06-11-12 02:59 PM
    Glad you found a tab you like better. But that's still no reason to insult the rest of he forum members who are here because they like what they like and not what you like.
    06-11-12 03:00 PM
    Interesting OP, but you sound kind of bitter.

But since you found a platform that works better for you, cheers!

Really...No need for you to come with your whiffle bat and get a couple of slugs in to satisfy your ego.

Just be happy with your choice and move on.

Again all the best!
    Toodeurep likes this.
    06-11-12 03:01 PM
    Thanks OP for your insightful post. How incredibly lucky for you that the 7.7 has all the features you can dream of. Best of luck.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    06-11-12 03:10 PM
    Suddenly I'm feeling the urge to go to the Samsung 7.7 fan Site, register, and start a new thread to let everyone know that I finally purchased my 2ND Playbook
    sleepngbear, wellard and antiRIM like this.
    06-11-12 03:18 PM
    Bing! This one is cooked. Time to move along.

Bag it and tag it.
    06-11-12 03:28 PM
    There must be some kind of mistake on my part, is this a Samsung forum?
    06-11-12 03:57 PM
    Agh! Bird! Bird! Kill It! It�s evil! It flew off. Good. For it.
    <MEMBER ANNOUNCING SWITCH TO OTHER PLATFORM> = bird
    06-11-12 03:59 PM
    I don't see you're need to post it here and then offend us.
    I am also relieved I no longer have to reply to the fanboys (or fantrolls more accurately) on Crackberry. I came here thinking it was serious,
    populated by very young boys
    Go to Android Central for all we care...
    06-11-12 04:02 PM
    Okay kakamushi, thanks for the farting thoughts
    06-11-12 04:02 PM
    Cool story bro !!
    rotorwrench likes this.
    06-11-12 04:22 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD