I finally picked up the BlackBerry Playbook 16gb (most likely going to upgrade to the 32gb in a few days).

The thing is amazing and I'm loving it. I'm just wondering if theres an app that I can use for IRC?
    09-27-11 09:19 PM
    Congrads. Don't know about the app, though.
    09-27-11 09:22 PM
    Just picked up the 16gb too from staples for $249 AR today. Seems sweet so far! 14 days to try it out.
    09-27-11 09:25 PM
    i just got mine and already annoyed on the app selection.. hope that os upgrade comes soon!! or this baby is being returned back to staples lol
    09-27-11 09:26 PM
    I got mine today as well but the wifi seems to be really buggy! I cannot even use the thing! I don't think I can keep it since it can't maintain a stable wifi connection (much like my torch).
    09-27-11 09:28 PM
    I got mine today as well but the wifi seems to be really buggy! I cannot even use the thing! I don't think I can keep it since it can't maintain a stable wifi connection (much like my torch).
    User error is unavoidable I guess
    09-27-11 09:39 PM
    Hmmm so far I am having no problems at all with anything. I found the same IRC app I used on my phone so I will give it a try.
    09-27-11 09:39 PM
    Check your router - I don't have any problems with mt PB/Torch.
    09-27-11 09:43 PM
    The app situation on the PB is a sensitive issue. The recent price reductions are to get more PB's in peoples hands. Hopefully the influx of new PB owners will make the app ecosystem look a little more lucrative for potental app developers.

With the new OS2.0 update rumored to be comming in the next month or so we should see a lot more happy PB owners around here. Unfortunately the update wont be out in in the next 2 weeks so I hope that you love the PB enough for its potential like so many others here have and you decide to stick with your purchase.

Congrats on the new PB
    09-27-11 09:47 PM
    Well I have two laptops and a desktop connected. Apparently there are issues with the PB's WEP2 connections from what I am seeing online?
    09-27-11 09:50 PM
    Sorry, WPA2
    09-27-11 09:53 PM
    Sorry, WPA2
    no issues with my pb or torch either. Using WPA2
    09-27-11 10:39 PM
    I finally picked up the BlackBerry Playbook 16gb (most likely going to upgrade to the 32gb in a few days).

The thing is amazing and I'm loving it. I'm just wondering if theres an app that I can use for IRC?
    Congrats on the new pb... sure is a nice device
    09-27-11 10:42 PM
    The app situation on the PB is a sensitive issue. The recent price reductions are to get more PB's in peoples hands. Hopefully the influx of new PB owners will make the app ecosystem look a little more lucrative for potental app developers.

With the new OS2.0 update rumored to be comming in the next month or so we should see a lot more happy PB owners around here. Unfortunately the update wont be out in in the next 2 weeks so I hope that you love the PB enough for its potential like so many others here have and you decide to stick with your purchase.

Congrats on the new PB
    Lots more folks showing up now.
    09-27-11 11:33 PM
    Lots more folks showing up now.
    That could lead to more pitchforks and torches (not the phones) at the castle if the kings are not careful - the rowdy hordes could demand the early freedom of the hostage OS2.
    tstrike34 likes this.
    09-28-11 12:01 AM
    I want to get mine but my parents don't understand what a playbook is buut they are still using flip phones from 2006 so...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-11 12:13 AM
    Congrats on the new pb... sure is a nice device
    Thanks . I was going to pick it up at Launch but I was leaving for Australia during launch. I just haven't had the time and money to pick it up right after cause I was saving for the Bold 9900 but my carrier hasn't released it yet. So I thought to myself might as well wait for QNX Super Phones and get the Playbook.

Even though I said I'm waiting for the QNX Super Phones, I'm most likely going to pick up the 9900 still lol.
    09-28-11 01:08 AM
    glad to hear ppl happy with their new pb's. I too just recently got mine and love it as well.

As far as apps goes, im happy with what i was able to get from the free apps.

i do look forward to the os2 though for sure.
    09-28-11 01:21 AM
    Well I have two laptops and a desktop connected. Apparently there are issues with the PB's WEP2 connections from what I am seeing online?
    Aaah, not here. I have 2 routers one with WEP2 the other WPA2 and the Playbook is solid. Better than my Thinkpad actually... and less troublesome than the iPad, which seems to always lose connection if the router gets power cycled when it's asleep.
    09-28-11 01:25 AM
    I had the same problem and it appeared that my router was crap.
    Last edited by robtanz; 09-28-11 at 05:36 AM.
    09-28-11 05:34 AM
    Sorry, WPA2
    I use both WPA and WPA2 without any issues with a variety of wireless access points. Maybe you need to upgrade the firmware of your router/wireless access point. Or replace the router/wireless access point with a better device if a firmware upgrade is not available or does not fix the connectivity problem. What router/wireless access point do you use that is causing problems for the BlackBerry PlayBook?
    09-28-11 05:53 AM
    i just got mine and already annoyed on the app selection.. hope that os upgrade comes soon!! or this baby is being returned back to staples lol
    Why did you even get one? If you have been reading the forum you know the update won't come until after your time to return. Save yourself the trouble and just take it back now.
    09-28-11 06:57 AM
    I use both WPA and WPA2 without any issues with a variety of wireless access points. Maybe you need to upgrade the firmware of your router/wireless access point. Or replace the router/wireless access point with a better device if a firmware upgrade is not available or does not fix the connectivity problem. What router/wireless access point do you use that is causing problems for the BlackBerry PlayBook?

It is a D-Link router and the model indicated on the options page is "ADSL2+ Ethernet and USB Modem" and running firmware version 113.2.5 and I believe this device is able to update its self.

It is just bizarre that the only devices that have difficulty with it are BlackBerry ones...
    09-28-11 07:18 AM
    I got mine last night and was so excited, until I found out that you have to pay for tethering to browse the internet through bridge. I thought you could browse the internet through bridge without paying for it. Not to mention that the camera is lousy. So disappointed.
    09-28-11 07:33 AM
    congrats on the new pb. its a great professional grade tab. u should try the presentation mode and any one will love it. really amazing.
    09-28-11 07:51 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD