WOW, I have a good HD tv, but wow, I can not believe the picture quality with the playbook. And , I am listening to my music, while playing Let's Golf 2.
    03-01-12 02:54 PM
    Are you able to watch your recorded HD videos on your HDTV? I was told the PB does record in HD but all videos I record don't look anywhere near what regular TV in HD looks like. The demo video is very sharp and clear so I don't understand.
    03-01-12 03:47 PM
    Regular TV in HD is recorder with incredibly expensive high definition cameras with professional grade glass (lenses). I would not be surprised at all. You can compare the PB cameras to those of other tablets, ipad for instance (*cough* *cough*) and see the better quality you get. It's the best bang for the buck, IMO.
    03-01-12 04:10 PM
    Have you selected 1080p on the settings in the video camera mode? Open the camera, select video mode, pull the top down and select 1080p.
    03-01-12 04:46 PM
    That demo video actually looks better on my tv than any of the ota hd broadcasts I've been able to get or the hd videos I've streamed from Amazon. I don't know what it is. I wish my tv looked like that all the time.
    03-01-12 06:08 PM
    Have you selected 1080p on the settings in the video camera mode? Open the camera, select video mode, pull the top down and select 1080p.
    Yes I have. Videos look grainy, poor quality. I don't expect it to look like it does on TV. I'm sure lighting has a lot to do with it also.
    duke-o-paduke likes this.
    03-01-12 08:52 PM
    Many thanks for the tip! As I was navigating to explore the video quality settings in the camera, a light came on, and I realized exactly how easy it is to multitask on the Playbook, compared to my Ipad.
    03-01-12 09:11 PM
    Also the more light the better for the pb camera.
    03-01-12 09:15 PM
    Yes I have. Videos look grainy, poor quality. I don't expect it to look like it does on TV. I'm sure lighting has a lot to do with it also.

Yup, that means that there is no enough light for the lens of the camera...I'm a photo pro!...those cameras are better for dayligthing shooting...inhouse not so good!!!
    03-01-12 10:18 PM
    Every night I stream CBC TV news from my PB to my HDTV here in the States with the micro HDMI cable. Picture is fabulous in Hi Def as if I was in Toronto. (By the way, it's a micro not mini HDMI cable needed in thread title.)
    Last edited by RF8655; 03-03-12 at 12:07 AM.
    JeffyPooh and dalej88 like this.
    03-02-12 11:38 PM
    I gotta ask - how do you optimize viewing from the Playbook to TV? I tried playing a video directly from the PB and it looked fine on the PB, but choppy on the big screen. How can I make sure that gets smoothed out?
    dalej88 likes this.
    03-03-12 03:03 AM
    As noted by RF8655 above, it's Micro HDMI.

Micro USB on the other port.
    03-03-12 06:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD