Hi guys, i have just placed an order for a Plybook 16gb online. Will be getting it in a couple of days time and am all excited.

I have received a lot of criticism in the last one week for choosing Playbook over Ipad2 or any other android tablet. But i have still gone ahead and bought one. Hope i am not let down. For 14k (270$) its specs are unmatched and that was a huge deciding factor for me.

I am not into gaming. I will be using it only for browsing and watching movies and videos. Hope i have made the right decision.
    Stewartj1 and Chrisy like this.
    03-20-12 03:25 AM
    not sure why anyone would criticise....it is a great tablet, especially at the price
    Chrisy likes this.
    03-20-12 05:30 AM
    For your needs it seems to be the perfect choice! you will enjoy using it..
    Chrisy and sparky19 like this.
    03-20-12 05:51 AM
    You didn't state where the movies and videos will come from. If you have them already you should make sure they are compatible with the Playbook. There are many threads concerning this issue. Most likely they will play but if they are in the wrong format you could transcode them while you wait for your Playbooks arrival.
    03-20-12 06:01 AM
    You will enjoy the BlackBerry PlayBook for web surfing and watching movies and videos. Since you purchased the 16GB model you might consider either a Seagate GoFlex Satellite WiFi 500GB External Hard Drive or one of the streaming applications available in BlackBerry AppWorld that allows your desktop/notebook computer to act as a streaming media server for all your movies. By the way, you can watch many of the broadcast and cable television networks on the tablet as well. If you have an HDTV, buy a microHDMI cable to watch the movies on the HDTV as they are played on the tablet. Trust me after a few weeks with the BlackBerry PlayBook you will find yourself using it for more things.
    Stewartj1 and sparky19 like this.
    03-20-12 06:03 AM
    I have my Playbook since friday and everyday i love it more.
    Its a great choice. And better if you have a blackberry phone. I received my blackberry 9810 torch 2 yesterday and used BRIDGE and its really cool. Better than i thought.
    The IPAD is cool if you will use only at home.
    Its too much big to take it with you out.And if you take it, you must have a 3G card inside, and pay for it, otherwise you�ll be limited using it on wi-fi zones only.
    With playbook you use the Bridge app to connect it and use the internet everywhere, and its enough big to a tab, and small to your pocket.

i love my Playbook + 9810 phone.
    03-20-12 06:13 AM
    I got my PlayBook primarily for web browsing and I love it. I'm finding a lot of other uses for it!

I used Freemake to convert my DVDs and then loaded those onto the PlayBook. They look great!

The bridge is a great feature, as well as remote.

Enjoy!
    03-20-12 06:18 AM
    I prefer to use the combo DVD Fab + Handbrake, the files are very sharp and way smaller than with Freemake (950MB vs 1.4GB)
    03-20-12 06:33 AM
    You didn't state where the movies and videos will come from. If you have them already you should make sure they are compatible with the Playbook. There are many threads concerning this issue. Most likely they will play but if they are in the wrong format you could transcode them while you wait for your Playbooks arrival.
    I meant streaming movies and videos. I prefer watching them online. So flash support is very important for me.
    03-20-12 10:10 AM
    Don't tell us if you don't want to but I'm interested in where your from that your criticized for choosing a PB.
    Good choice by the way.
    03-20-12 10:23 AM
    Don't tell us if you don't want to but I'm interested in where your from that your criticized for choosing a PB.
    Good choice by the way.
    I am from India. Over here people fail to see beyond Ipad2 and Androids. When i said i am buying a Playbook, my friends were laughing at me. They said this tablet is as good as dead and i am better off with ipad2 more so after the price cut.

Infact i came close to buying this a month ago but was forced to let it go. Now i finally made up my mind and bought one. IMO there is no tab at this price point with such good h/w specs.

I ll be getting the delivery tomorrow. On one hand i am excited while on the other i am rather anxious after all the criticism i have received.
    Chrisy likes this.
    03-20-12 10:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD