I can't guarantee that the iCade 8-Bitty will work with the BlackBerry PlayBook, but at the end of the day it simply pretends to be a Bluetooth keyboard and that should ensure its compatibility. This plus Bluetooth keyboard support in Snes9x for Blackberry Playbook would make for some very good times...

ThinkGeek - iCade 8-Bitty - Retro Wireless Game Controller for iPhone/iPad/Android

Product Features

• Classic retro-styled game controller fits in your pocket and works with iPhone & iPad
    • 8 button control including 4 face buttons, select, start, and two shoulder buttons... plus the D-Pad for movement
    • Wireless connection with auto power save mode
    • Completely open development platform. App developers can add support for iCade with no permission needed from Apple or ThinkGeek. (See links for code examples below).
    • Compatible with iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch. Android support for most tablets and smartphones.
    • NOTE: Atari Greatest Hits only runs on iPad, not on iPhone or iPod touch.
    • Requires 2 x AAA batteries (not included)
    raymond and y2ktibltd like this.
    05-14-12 08:56 AM
    Anyone try this yet?
    10-25-12 01:19 PM
    Well there are more than this BT controller that mimics a keyboard and "should" work with the playbook (iControlPAD for example)
    The problem is that besides Dosbox there is no Game or emulator support keyboard control, i doubt many commercial games will support this and even the emulators werent update with bt support yet (many are demanding it)..
    10-25-12 02:31 PM
    Has anyone try this gamepad? All the emulators for the playbook have bluetooth keyboard support except for mupen and pcsx. Retroarch also has bluetooth keyboard support.
    08-28-13 11:01 AM
    Apparently the iCade works with the playbook:

It would be awesome to use it with the neogeo emulator for the playbook: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=752601
    FF22 and axllebeer like this.
    08-28-13 03:36 PM
    Has anyone tried using the icade to control the playbook emulator games that support bluetooth keyboards?
    08-29-13 01:29 PM
    Has anyone tried using the icade to control the playbook emulator games that support bluetooth keyboards?
    Bump.
    10-07-13 02:57 PM
    Bump. Any gamepads work with Playbook? Just got one and I'm loving the games, HDMI and emulators.
    04-05-14 05:31 PM
    Bump. Any gamepads work with Playbook? Just got one and I'm loving the games, HDMI and emulators.
    Unfortunately while some "work" with the PlayBook by pretending to be a keyboard, nobody has really supported this in their apps, and that's a real shame.

How much of a bounty would one have to offer to add support to RetroArch?

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 11:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD