Is there no way to access networked computers using file and folders?
    No, file shares are not supported. This is expected to be supported in BB10.
    01-08-13 08:56 PM
    Well I guess I can't really blame you for not wanting to incorporate a feature that should come with BB10. Thanks for the response
    01-08-13 10:27 PM
    Not sure if this has been asked already - is the option to copy the link to a file in dropbox going to be added as it is in dropbox itself?
    As files and folders has the email option it would be useful to copy the file url and email it in the same app
    Herve5 and Innovatology like this.
    01-09-13 02:21 PM
    Not sure if this has been asked already - is the option to copy the link to a file in dropbox going to be added as it is in dropbox itself?
    As files and folders has the email option it would be useful to copy the file url and email it in the same app
    seconded (and ahhh... ftp support... )
    Innovatology likes this.
    01-10-13 03:10 AM
    is the option to copy the link to a file in dropbox going to be added as it is in dropbox itself?
    It's on our todo list.
    01-10-13 04:11 AM
    Anyone using Files & Folders also using ES File Explorer? How does it compare to the latter for cloud sync and Samba fileshares?
    01-10-13 07:20 AM
    It's on our todo list.
    Excellent :-)
    Oh and what about the ability to unrar Rar files ? There is a Rar uncompressor in App world but (no disrespect to the developer of that - its actually the only one available I think so good work to that man) but it is painfully slow - took me about half an hour to unrar a 500mb file just now. Takes about 15 seconds on my laptop using winrar. A nice in built function to F&F would be great.
    There's a beer in it for you :-)
    01-10-13 10:52 AM
    Can I dl and rip rar files?
    01-11-13 06:30 AM
    This app is the reason I use the playbook so much...... This app and smart office 2
    01-11-13 06:59 AM
    Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be supported in BB10 in natif.

RIM should add CIFS client support in BB10 to be able to use from the SDK.

Today there is only one solution to get support ; it's to use a Java implementation - so android - with jCIFS lib.

Nicolas
    01-11-13 07:02 AM
    OK folks, BB10 screenshot time.
    More on our FB page: https://www.facebook.com/FilesFolders

Files & Folders v6.0-010.general.png
    FF22, Toodeurep, nappp and 1 others like this.
    01-18-13 11:33 PM
    Ah, a bb10 phone is years off for me. Let's hope it comes to the pb in a timely manner.
    01-18-13 11:58 PM
    Is it coded in Cascades? It should be very fast then

I installed the trial version and found it as slow as Air Browser, much slower than Android ports like ES File Explorer or Ghost Commander.
    01-19-13 12:00 AM
    Really amazing app, with a ton of features and I like the dark theme a lot, it suits the playbook, are you planning on adding the ability to send files within the app via the playbook native email app? I would find that more convenient than the current way to send files via entering your email.
    Innovatology likes this.
    01-28-13 10:18 PM
    Ah, a bb10 phone is years off for me. Let's hope it comes to the pb in a timely manner.
    surprising! Its years off for you??????? Though, i'm also looking forward to BB10 on the playbook..
    As for F&F v6, i want developer to add the feature which lets us extract .rar files.
    01-28-13 10:36 PM
    surprising! Its years off for you??????? Though, i'm also looking forward to BB10 on the playbook..
    As for F&F v6, i want developer to add the feature which lets us extract .rar files.
    I amnot eligible for pnone jpgrade till march 2014 and doubt I will spend full price ona pbone.
    01-28-13 11:08 PM
    Really amazing app, with a ton of features and I like the dark theme a lot, it suits the playbook, are you planning on adding the ability to send files within the app via the playbook native email app? I would find that more convenient than the current way to send files via entering your email.
    Integration with native e-mail is implemented in the BB10 version, but unfortunately it cannot yet be done on the PlayBook - there is no way to include an attachment with a native e-mail. Once BB10 comes to PlayBook we plan to support all such features, of course.
    nappp likes this.
    01-28-13 11:08 PM
    .RAR support is on our wishlist, but so are many many other features ;-)
    nappp likes this.
    01-28-13 11:10 PM
    After almost a year and a half on the PB, Files and Folder is by far the most useful app I've downloaded onto my PB.
    Innovatology likes this.
    01-28-13 11:28 PM
    .RAR support is on our wishlist, but so are many many other features ;-)
    ok! But, .rar support is one of the most important and requested feature.
    01-28-13 11:49 PM
    #Innovatology, if you don't mind me asking, how much effort did it take you to get F&F over to BB10? I know you probably added new functionalities, but if you were just making it work in BB10, was it a big deal?
    01-28-13 11:53 PM
    how much effort did it take you to get F&F over to BB10?
    "Getting it to work" was easy, but a phone is not a tablet. Of course there were a lot of things that needed adjusting due to the screen layout, resolution and pixel density. But more importantly: you use a phone in different situations than a tablet. While you tend to use a tablet with two hands, sitting down, when you have some time, a phone is often used with one hand, standing up, in a hurry. A phone is used more for looking up and transfering data, not so much for managing or creating data. So we prioritized those features in the design. Many of the UI-elements were re-worked and simplified for the smaller form factor and different use cases.

Also, fitting the visualisation of a hierarchical folder tree into the BB10 "peek & flow" paradigm took a lot of hard work. But we think the result is very much worth it: in Files & Folders on BB10 you can't just peek backwards to the parent folder, you can also peek forwards into subfolders with simple swipes & gestures!

With the initial BB10 release we focused on getting (almost) all the PlayBook features usable on the phones. Of course we'll be tweaking and adding in the coming weeks/months as we get a chance to test with stock apps and other 3rd party apps.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    01-29-13 12:52 AM
    Are you using Cascades and QML for F&F on BB10? Dynamic layout should be supported so you can re-order and re-size depending on the screen resolution and orientation.

Qt on BB10 is fantastic
    01-29-13 01:25 AM
    "Getting it to work" was easy, but a phone is not a tablet. .
    Sounds like you are putting in the effort to get F&F to work the best way for the x10. Thats great. Can't wait to see it in action.
    01-29-13 11:41 AM
    it sounds like you are putting a lot of work into the BB10. I cant wait to get this one my new device F&F is my Number one APP on the playbook money well spent
    01-29-13 12:20 PM
254 ... 56789 ...