Hello!

I'm happy to report that Files & Folders has received a major 2.0 upgrade and now supports Google Docs!

• Cut, copy and paste to and from Google Docs, just like with local files or files in your Dropbox
    • Convert files between many file formats, including Office, OpenOffice, PDF, Html, Rtf, Plain text and more. Got a Powerpoint and need a PDF? Just copy & paste to Google and back again!
    • Open directly from Google Docs, either online or (after automatic conversion if required) in a PlayBook app.
    • Configurable conversion defaults
    • Image and document previews in Google Docs too
    In addition to Google Docs we have some more goodies:
    • A new Thumbnail view which shows you an overview of images in a folder. Works everywhere.
    • In Google Docs, the thumbnail even works for many documents, e.g. the first slide of your Powerpoint deck.
    • Enhanced clipboard support
    • Enhanced startup path
    • Many small and larger fixes and enhancements
    A free 3-day trial is available in App World.

Links:

Important note for v1.1 users: Due to a bug in App World, v1.1 users cannot currently upgrade to v1.2 or v2.0. This should be fixed in the next OS update. For more info and a work-around, please see our facebook page or drop us a message.

Cheers, - Jon -
    peter9477 likes this.
    08-05-11 03:43 AM
    Very nice. Just installed it and will try it over the weekend.
    08-05-11 06:02 AM
    Will try it Today. Thanks for letting us know about this great integration.
    08-05-11 08:14 AM
    Better move it here
    http://forums.crackberry.com/playbook-apps-games-f243/
    To gain more attention and post it in the right sub-forum.
    Tried it and the app is great! I'll see if I will buy it or not in the coming days
    08-05-11 12:37 PM
    Tried to load v2.0.1 still giving the same error that would not allow the installation of the previous upgrade....."Install Error" There was a problem during installation. Please try again. How do I fix this?
    08-05-11 01:01 PM
    well, i was all excited, but it doesn't offer any increase functionality as in being able to use a different program- I was hoping that it would do more when opening a file than just launching the default docs-to-go module. So I like the file management part but it doesn't meet my needs. Nice and smooth operation, though.
    08-05-11 01:34 PM
    @Scaribe: as the problem occurs in App World, not in our app, there is nothing we can do to fix it. But according to RIM it should be corrected in the next PlayBook OS update. At the moment, the only solution is to backup, do a security wipe and then restore. Sorry.
    08-06-11 07:53 AM
    @Stevedee: Could you elaborate a little? What sort of functionality were you hoping for?
    08-06-11 07:55 AM
    I'm having a couple of problems...

When I click on the home icon on the upper right corner and get an error message. One word not in English.

Can't see any files on the SD card in my 9700.
    08-06-11 08:09 AM
    Shouldn't this be posted in the PB App and Game forum instead of here?

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold
    08-06-11 09:04 AM
    Can this be used to move files to and from the SD card on my BB? While i can see the files on my SD card, and i can cut the file, when i try to paste it to my PB i get "Error #0" displayed. I am able to cut and paste files within the PB without any error but not from the BB to the PB without the error.

If this can move files back and forth then I'm going to buy it.

Mike
    Last edited by Mike_Luchia; 08-06-11 at 11:06 AM.
    08-06-11 11:04 AM
    Not sure about the app cause I don't have it but if it does dropbox also you can upload them there and then get them from there?
    08-06-11 11:40 AM
    @EdS817: the home-icon error is caused by a typo (our fault) in the Startup settings screen.

A work-around for now is to choose any setting but "Playbook: Root" for the startup-path.

I'll post an updated version to App World today but it may take a couple of days before it is approved and appears on your device.
    08-07-11 09:45 AM
    @EdS817: as for the the SD Card files: have you unlocked the Bridge Files? You can do that with the little lock icon next to the clock.
    08-07-11 09:47 AM
    Looks pretty cool and I really like the Google docs integration. Currently I use "File Browser", but I'd be willing to dish $2 out if this works well. I'll give it a shot and avoid the root home folder issue for now.

Thanks!
    08-07-11 01:15 PM
    @EdS817: as for the the SD Card files: have you unlocked the Bridge Files? You can do that with the little lock icon next to the clock.
    Yes my bridge files are unlocked. It actually worked twice out of five tries. The lag accessing the SD card was quite long.

I like the interface and think you have a potentially very good program. I will keep an eye out for future updates.
    08-07-11 02:29 PM
    Update:

the new version (2.1) is available now in App World. Among other things, it fixes the home-icon error, so the workaround I mentioned a few posts back is no longer needed.

Get it here: Files & Folders v2.1
    Last edited by Innovatology; 08-10-11 at 02:56 AM. Reason: added link
    08-10-11 02:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD