Hey guys,

I've had a Playbook for a few years now and have been happy with it overall. But a few months ago the USB stopped working. I bought a rapid charger (or w/e it's called) so I could continue charging/using it, but I find myself growing more and more frustrated without the USB to hook to my laptop.

I enjoyed transferring movies to the Playbook to watch on an airplane, true, but it was also VERY useful for work to be able to drop a few large PDF files onto the tablet to peruse as well.

I haven't been able to find a reliable method of file xfer other than the USB. Bluetooth apparently doesn't do it. Dropbox takes too long and is not reliable on my internet connection. E-mail can't handle the file sizes.

Any tips on how I might manage to move large files and regain some of the primary use of my tablet? Lately it's become something I only use rarely, to do a quick internet check before bed, etc.
    05-12-14 11:37 AM
    You can do this with wireless file sharing. Here's a video that should cover it:

How to copy files to and from a BlackBerry PlayBook using Wi-Fi Sharing | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog
    CheddarTrek likes this.
    05-12-14 11:40 AM
    Looks good! Thanks, will give it a try.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    05-12-14 11:45 AM
    I agree that sharing files via Wi-Fi is possible, and your best option at this point.
    CheddarTrek likes this.
    05-12-14 11:46 AM
    WiFi Trasfer? Provided your WiFi is really strong and fast...
    CheddarTrek likes this.
    05-12-14 11:50 AM
    Most cable/DSL connections with a decent WiFi router should be able to handle movie transfers. Slower WiFi will impact the speed/time, of course -- depending on the estimated transfer time reported in Windows/OSX, you can always grab a coffee.

Also, WiFi transfer from PB to PC or vice-versa is inTRAnet WiFi -- ie, based on your local network. Unless you have a really old router (802.11b or something), your file transfer should complete in a reasonable amount of time.
    Last edited by mh1983; 05-12-14 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Added point about LAN WiFi
    05-12-14 12:06 PM
    I've only ever used the wifi transfer on my 64gb pb. Mainly for 4-5 600mb movies/eps at a time and had no issues..

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    05-12-14 12:13 PM
    Hey guys,

I've had a Playbook for a few years now and have been happy with it overall. But a few months ago the USB stopped working. I bought a rapid charger (or w/e it's called) so I could continue charging/using it, but I find myself growing more and more frustrated without the USB to hook to my laptop.

I enjoyed transferring movies to the Playbook to watch on an airplane, true, but it was also VERY useful for work to be able to drop a few large PDF files onto the tablet to peruse as well.

I haven't been able to find a reliable method of file xfer other than the USB. Bluetooth apparently doesn't do it. Dropbox takes too long and is not reliable on my internet connection. E-mail can't handle the file sizes.

Any tips on how I might manage to move large files and regain some of the primary use of my tablet? Lately it's become something I only use rarely, to do a quick internet check before bed, etc.
    I highly recommend netshare file explorer. Is an app. I find it to be fast and it allows you to bring files into the pb wirelessly.
    Last edited by greenpoise; 05-12-14 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Typo
    05-12-14 12:54 PM
    I've always had issues transfering with usb. wirelss transfer is awesome.
    05-12-14 09:52 PM
    You can do this with wireless file sharing. Here's a video that should cover it:

How to copy files to and from a BlackBerry PlayBook using Wi-Fi Sharing | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog
    I use this all the time. another option is to download the video files straight to the playbook itself.
    05-12-14 10:05 PM