- CrackBerry User
- 34 Posts
File Sharing Problem
So I was reading about file sharing and wanted to set this up on my PB. I go to Storage & Sharing and see that File Sharing, Wif-Fi Sharing, and Password Protect are all already 'ON'. I don't remember ever setting a password and all my usuals aren't working. Is there a way to reset, change, or turn off your password?
Also, with both File Sharing and Wi-Fi Sharing already turned on shouldn't I be able to see the Playbook drive on my laptop?
- 11-27-2012, 03:38 PM #3
When you plug he PB to the PC for the 1st time, it will prompt you to load some drivers, you can't skip that.
I don't think there is a way to remove the password without knowing it beforehand. Is that a second hand device?
- CrackBerry Genius
11-27-2012, 03:42 PM #4
- 3,487 Posts
With Windows you type \\yourPBip\media and you should see your PB folders.
Sharing should be off by default. When you turn on password protect you have to type in the password twice. I believe a security wipe is needed if you cannot figure out that password.
- CrackBerry Addict
11-29-2012, 12:30 PM #5
- 556 Posts
I got the issue some months ago, while I was still entitled with official phone support from RIM.
At that time at least, the blunt answer I got was, if you forgot thas specific sharing password, you need to wipe everything (including any sideloaded app that will just be deleted). I stressed this was shocking. They acknowledged.
- By loki993 in forum BlackBerry 6Replies: 5Last Post: 11-20-2010, 11:12 PM
- By Daso in forum Legacy Leaked/Beta OSReplies: 1Last Post: 01-29-2009, 08:13 AM
- By skozlick in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 8Last Post: 09-03-2008, 11:53 AM
- By Andylamb in forum Older BlackBerrysReplies: 0Last Post: 06-08-2008, 01:01 PM
- By slomoui in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 4Last Post: 02-20-2008, 11:13 AM