Does the 2.0 beta have a file manager built in? Still running the 1.0.8 OS with AIR Browser. Has RIM said anything or demo'ed anything with a bundled file manager? I haven't looked much into the other file managers available as I assumed 2.0 would bring this functionality. Everytime I use AIR browser I wonder how people use their PBs without it or something similar.
    01-29-12 03:18 PM
    The current beta has nothing.

Some people have noted a file manager icon on the OS 2.0 beta they've shown off at CES, but there's been no video of it opened. If it was an actual file manager I'm sure we would have heard something given they had PBs out for the public to use at CES. Given the disappearance of Bridge Files from OS 2.0 beta I think it's just the Bridge Files app without the requirement to Bridge, but at this point that's speculation.
    01-29-12 03:25 PM
    It may have been an old sample app from the NDK called file manager. I think it was meant to demo the file open dialog.
    01-29-12 05:44 PM
    I still recall having heard something back in late summer or early fall about "native file browser" or "native file manager", without any further description of what it was.

One thought I had was that it simply referred to an improved file open/save dialog with support for folders and other improvements.
    01-29-12 08:43 PM
    Tablets need file managers. How can they not design a native file manager for the pb for OS2
    01-29-12 08:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD