I have been looking for ape 10" tablet to complement my Playbook. I thought that I would get an ipad since I have a large iTunes library from my ipod Touch days. Then I looked at all of the android tablets I could find, and I wasn't terribly impressed although some are very nice. Then I realized the obvious....... they aren't Playbooks. I use a 64 gb Playbook for most of my computing needs but I would just like a larger Playbook for when I want to watch videos and movies etc.
    I know a lot of people complain about what the Playbook CAN'T do, but I use it for what it CAN do, and it will only get better. Oh well......at least I now realize why I can't find a larger tablet that I like!
    07-26-12 10:43 AM
    Rumor has it they will eventually release a 10" playbook, but i cannot guarantee anything lol.
    07-26-12 11:09 AM
    I would be first in line!
    07-26-12 11:15 AM
    I would be first in line!
    There won't be a line
    FF22 likes this.
    07-26-12 11:19 AM
    I have been looking for ape 10" tablet to complement my Playbook. I thought that I would get an ipad since I have a large iTunes library from my ipod Touch days. Then I looked at all of the android tablets I could find, and I wasn't terribly impressed although some are very nice. Then I realized the obvious....... they aren't Playbooks. I use a 64 gb Playbook for most of my computing needs but I would just like a larger Playbook for when I want to watch videos and movies etc.
    I know a lot of people complain about what the Playbook CAN'T do, but I use it for what it CAN do, and it will only get better. Oh well......at least I now realize why I can't find a larger tablet that I like!
    "I know a lot of people complain about what the Playbook CAN'T do, but I use it for what it CAN do, and it will only get better."

Well said...
    07-26-12 12:20 PM
    Same here. I do a few things with it that those other fruit tablets can't do. Love the PB.
    axeman1000 likes this.
    07-26-12 12:25 PM
    There won't be a line
    I don't know about that. I would be in it, too. I drove 3 hours on the day the 1st one was released to get my 1st 64GB PlayBook. Granted, I ordered my 2nd one over the Internet.
    07-26-12 09:24 PM
    For as useless and bland as this device is, I sure do have a hard time putting it down for some strange reason. And if 2.1 don't do everything possible I will still have a hard time putting it down. Just imagine if I had a "quality " tablet
    diegonei and elphie28 like this.
    07-26-12 09:47 PM
    Rumor has it they will eventually release a 10" playbook, but i cannot guarantee anything lol.
    Form factor is not a problem for playbook. I don't know what rim can get from 10inch if they keep app/software same
    07-26-12 10:25 PM
    I still love the compact size of my BB Playbook but there are some times when it would be so nice to have a larger tablet. That is why I would still keep my current PB. I guess I want it all!
    07-27-12 02:43 PM
    I still love the compact size of my BB Playbook but there are some times when it would be so nice to have a larger tablet. That is why I would still keep my current PB. I guess I want it all!
    Well, if I had unlimited money and could predict my next hour's future, I would want a tablet from phone size to 12 or 14 inches. But it's like my quiver of cross-country skis - which one for today's trip (well, once winter is back). I can't take them all along on any one trip. So I tend to take my favorite pair and sometimes they may not be ideal but they serve the purpose.

I think the pb is my favorite "serve the purpose" size tablet.
    elphie28 likes this.
    07-27-12 03:29 PM
    There won't be a line
    This comment was clearly not needed in the post. Seeing that your title shows you gave your playbook away and own a ipad3 you are just in here to cause problems. Please leave your closed minded comments about a ten inch tablet at the imore site. Have a good day.
    PatrickMJS, elphie28 and KermEd like this.
    07-27-12 03:33 PM
    This comment was clearly not needed in the post. Seeing that your title shows you gave your playbook away and own a ipad3 you are just in here to cause problems. Please leave your closed minded comments about a ten inch tablet at the imore site. Have a good day.
    Well, as I might be a semi-troll, I thought that the line was cute. From my perspective it was both funny and painfully true.
    antiRIM likes this.
    07-27-12 04:13 PM
    Wow, tweaked nerves? It was a joke with a hint of truth that must have irked you. More a potshot at the fools that line up for apple devices than anything else.

Because I got rid of my Playbook, I'm no longer welcome on a site that I've been a member of for 3 years? I can tell by your join date and post count that you are a great contributor to this site and a definitive authority on who should post here and who shouldn't.
    07-27-12 04:46 PM
    Just my opinion,

Post count and join date does not trump contributions, opinions or intentions. Although i have no direct opinion of your statement (my eyes rolled a bit and I forgot about it while I was reading other statements on the topic) I think we know how the post would be received even if it wasn't directly intended to be inflammatory.

I have an iPad 2, Touchpad, Windows 8 and Android 4 tablet. I dont use any because the 10 inch size is inconvenient. But as a developer, when I go for a 10 inch Tablet I use my Android. I would happily buy a 10 inch pb - but it meets my needs better .

Ed
    elphie28 and trinipoco like this.
    07-27-12 06:50 PM
    I would like to see RIM create a 10" PlayBook, but I still would keep my 7". 7" is the perfect size for me.
    KermEd likes this.
    07-27-12 07:06 PM
    I set up a samsung galaxy tab 10.1 4G that my boss had traded for the other day (i hope i have that name right. I must have typed it into google 20x trying to track down a manual). I thought I would like to see stuff on the 10 inch form factor.

After playing with it all day i was still 'meh'. I found it incredibly frustrating to not be able to use the swipe gestures i was used to and i found the size very awkward to hold. I gave it to my boss all nice and set up and told him to try it out and see if he liked it. He has never used a playbook so I thought he wouldn't be biased and might like it to watch his auctions on.

Apparently not. He said it was okay but too hard to hold onto and it was packed back up and traded again less than 2 days later. I'm going to get him to try the playbook. I bet he would like it a lot better.
    KermEd likes this.
    07-27-12 07:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD