OK got a few questions about my awesome PB

First off the multi tasking is great but when I put a song on YouTube I want to be able to bbm while YouTube is running or search the app world. It just stops as soon as I go into another screen is there a way around it?

Second where are all the apps hiding lollipop can any one give me some good apps to search. Is there an app that tracks your bb phone from your pb like the ipad can.

Also is there an app that will let me video call ipads and chat go them since my wife's mum has ipad and they live faw away!

Any other info about making the most of my pb thanks!
    03-11-12 05:15 AM
    So you're saying that when you switch from YouTube to the PlayBook's BBM app that the video stops playing?

Also, what kind of BB phone do you have?

RCK
    03-11-12 05:17 AM
    The audio goes off
    03-11-12 05:18 AM
    go into settings (swipe down from home screen)

scroll down to General

Make sure your Application Behaviour is set to Showcase

Please note also that when you have multiple apps running which have access to the Audio then the open app takes priority and other apps get muted. so you cant, for instance, use Audio notes or Camcorder/Camchat while playing music, this stops horrible feedback loops, etc...
    Last edited by Tomcat_Alley; 03-11-12 at 05:25 AM.
    03-11-12 05:23 AM
    Yes I set it to show case but as soon as I try and go into something else theaudio Cutts off
    03-11-12 05:25 AM
    Oh wait...but there's go haha thanks

OK so any one no of an app thy will let the PB and the ipad chat

Thanks
    03-11-12 05:34 AM
    Still curious which kind of phone you're using with your PB...

RCK
    03-11-12 05:41 AM
    Bb curve 3get aka 9300
    03-11-12 06:04 AM
    Hi Hodsy. Blackberry protect works great on the Playbook to find your Blacberry phone. You have to download the app from appworld to your phone then from the playbook or any internet connection go to blackberry.com/protect and you can make your phone sound an alarm, display on a map, wipe, back up, The phone needs to be on and have a signal.
    cheers
    03-11-12 06:20 AM
    no there is not. your only option currently is the native chat which allows you to communicate solely with other playbook owners.
    Last edited by elbo; 03-11-12 at 09:03 AM.
    03-11-12 09:00 AM
    As far as a cross platform app goes - no there isn't. You can still do it from the browser using IMO or reelportal though...
    03-11-12 09:39 AM
    Yes I set it to show case but as soon as I try and go into something else theaudio Cutts off
    It might just be how the application was developed.
    They could have made it so the audio cuts off when the application is changed.
    03-11-12 10:16 AM
    Also is there an app that will let me video call ipads and chat go them since my wife's mum has ipad and they live faw away!
    ReelPortal is the only video chat app that's available on:

iPad/iPhone (ReelPortal Private Video Chat for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPad on the iTunes App Store)

Playbook (Free ReelPortal Private Video Chat - Download ReelPortal Private Video Chat - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World)

Android (https://play.google.com/store/search...lportal&c=apps)

PC/Linux/MacOS (ReelPortal Video Chat - Home)
    03-14-12 03:24 AM
    First off the multi tasking is great but when I put a song on YouTube I want to be able to bbm while YouTube is running or search the app world. It just stops as soon as I go into another screen is there a way around it?
    I occasionally experience the web browser audio stream pausing either when the standby mode kicks in or more rarely when switching away from the web browser or even in some cases opening another tab in the web browser. I found only a hard reset (cold boot) would clear the odd behaviour. This was fixed in OS 1.0.8 but broke or became unstable in OS 2.0.0. Not sure what development methodology the development team is utilizing but they need to stop breaking previously fixed issues.
    03-14-12 03:45 AM
    For information on how to get the most out of your Playbook I would recommend the two sticky threads http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...t-know-671764/ and http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...upport-701402/
    03-14-12 06:04 AM
    AOL AV also works in any browser I believe. Maybe not iOS as I think it uses flash.
    03-14-12 07:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD