I've had the playbook for a few weeks now but had a few questions/issues:

1. Is there an official users guide for it?

2. I was trying to do a cut and paste function and didn't quite know how to do it. I was copying something from a webpage which was easy to do but didn't know how to paste it into a field in the browser.

3. Does anybody notice their wifi signal strength change even though they are sitting in the same position? Where is the wifi receiver located on the playbook? I don't really notice a change in browsing speeds so I figured that it is just a software bug.

4. Is it true that the Playbook hardware supports Bluetooth 3.0? As much as it would be nice to remove the bottle neck for BB bridge, aren't the latest and greatest BB phones only supporting 2.0?

5. BB bridge works well but sometimes I'll lose the connection and will have to reboot the PB or my 9700 to get it working again. Is this normal for most users? I also get email notifications from emails that were already deleted from my BB.

In general though, I am really pleased with it and look forward to more features in the OS update. Also hoping the Kindle app will come out soon. Amazon Cloud reader works relatively well but has some issues. One of the fun things I like doing on it is shopping on Amazon and watching Amazon Prime TV and movies. However the video doesn't seem to work solely using BB bridge and my 3G connection. The Netflix site doesn't really work for me, even to just browse.

Thanks.
    09-14-11 05:10 PM
    as far as cut and paste
    on the text you want to select tap and hold 1-2 seconds
    you will see 2 selector handels to move the blue highlight.
    when it is selected a menu will appear with copy or cancel. press copy.
    tap once in the address bar, the keyboard will pop up, tap and hold the address bar again.
    a menu will pop up with your paste option, press go on the keyboard

Bluetooth 3.0 on the PB? I believe it is 2.0

You should not have to reboot if Bridge connection is lost, the messaging system is not 100% ironed out yet

Hope that helps
    Last edited by dentynefire; 09-14-11 at 05:54 PM.
    09-14-11 05:38 PM
    09-14-11 08:54 PM
    Thanks for the link. Interesting that there is a section about spell checking when obviously that isn't implemented in the current OS.

Also, the LED in the front of the PB could be used as a notification LED in OS 2.0 perhaps?!
    09-16-11 06:31 PM
    on wifi signal strength thingy....not entirely sure its peculiar to PB....i have noticed that phenomenon on my bb, ipod touch and laptop..imo...i think its more of a wifi thing than a PB thing
    09-16-11 08:02 PM
    Thanks for the link. Interesting that there is a section about spell checking when obviously that isn't implemented in the current OS.

Also, the LED in the front of the PB could be used as a notification LED in OS 2.0 perhaps?!
    Good catch - spellcheck is in the manual but not in the device. I had not noticed that before.
    09-16-11 08:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD