get playbook. Amazon playbook is a strip down version of true Android tablet. You do not even get full Android market. All apps need to be re-approved by Amazon. This sucks. For $199 Playbook is clear choice.
    Huh? Come again?
    11-17-11 08:18 PM
    I just received my Kindle Fire this week. I'm a big fan of my PB, but got frustrated with the slow roll-out and wanted a tablet that I could actually use my favorite apps with...so I bi the bullet and got it. The Fire is the same size and built by the same manufactures, so it is very similar. The graphics are great and I'm now using all of my fav's- Netflix, Angry Birds, Rhapsody, tons of droid stuff to choose from. For now, I put my PB in the closet and will check from time to time if they actually release a stable upgrade next year or not. I personally don't believe the promises anymore...but hold out hope that RIM will figure it out. Cheers
    11-17-11 08:59 PM
    I found Angry Birds, in the end, to be a waste of time and boring - my opinion of course

I checked-out Netflix and 1. many times I couldn't find the movie I was looking for and 2. I rarely watch a movie I've already seen....maybe the catalog is better now :roll eyes:

Be careful, a large Android catalog to view can give you hemor(And)roids
    11-17-11 09:12 PM
    I have a Kindle and Playbook. Very different I agree. However I have Kindle keyboard wifi + 3G. The e-ink is awesome for reading on the beach, long battery life (30 days!) and the free world-wide 3G access for downloading books and using the experimental browser to read my emails and newspapers is the KILLER APP in my opinion. You pay once and have free data for life on any 3G network!

Kindle fire is not even comparable to other Kindles, in my opinion. It is not e-ink and is used for a much broader mutimedia experience. It is essentially a customized android tablet for Amazon. However, it is priced the same as a Playbook now which makes you compare them. Playbook by far beats Kindle fire in hardware at all levels, with a killer web browser, 2 cameras, faster processor, HDMI out, bluetooth tethering and adding external devices (keyboard/mouse), and more. But it lacks in apps, so you need to rely on web access (to Kindle Cloud reader) rather than use a native app. But if android player comes it will be a major contender and more updates and apps are coming!

I am getting a Playbook because I already have my e-reader of choice... Kindle keyboard wifi + 3G, which is amazing for being a take-anywhere reader and access to the internet. For the best multimedia player and internet browser on Wifi that $200 can buy, Playbook is it. But you have to wait for RIM to get it all happening.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-11 09:44 PM
129 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD