While I am thrilled that the PB is showing signs of life in the marketplace, I cant help but feel a little annoyed that the people who didn't support the device from the start get it at such a great price. I feel like maybe some love is deserved from the ones who shelled out the regular price at the beginning. Anyone else?
    Do like I did and buy one or two more at $300 off.
    Then your average price/unit won't seem so bad
    12-03-11 07:18 PM
    Looks like PlayBooks are back up to the regular price...
    BlackBerryPlayBook - RIM CA

Glad I got, when the getting was good.
    12-04-11 03:40 PM
    It seems people think they are a better consumer because they are early adopters. More, they think the company owes them something. The only thing they "owe" is what they promised(email, pim, Android Player). That's it.
    When you say people "...think they are a better consumer..." what do you mean? And who has said they think they're better?
    trickykid likes this.
    12-04-11 08:06 PM
    The one regret I have about purchasing the Playbook, is that I didn't buy more then one. Can't wait for the official OS2 release.
    12-04-11 09:54 PM
    The one regret I have about purchasing the Playbook, is that I didn't buy more then one. Can't wait for the official OS2 release.
    Yes, most of us CAN'T wait for the OS2 release!
    12-04-11 10:48 PM
    Honestly everybody who bought this is a sucker, the Ipad 2 and Asus prime are the only tablets worth buying currently. They have the best hardware and software in their respective categories and they will be supported for one more year while staying top of the line.
    12-04-11 10:51 PM
    Honestly everybody who bought this is a sucker, the Ipad 2 and Asus prime are the only tablets worth buying currently. They have the best hardware and software in their respective categories and they will be supported for one more year while staying top of the line.

Have you ever held the Asus prime in your hands ? That device does nothing but make creaking sounds. It's cheaply built. Sift through all the amazon feedbacks for the asus optimus prime transformer tablet. It's junk!
    12-04-11 11:19 PM
    lebob23: my first computer was the Apple //c. I grew up with Apple and have been a faithful customer because of their exceptional reliability regardless of price. That has rapidly changed however. I find myself questioning weather or not to upgrade to the latest os due to be released. I am very much conscious to the fact that there is no such thing as a perfect os. But just as Apple has become accustomed for us to pay a premium price for its products we too have become accustomed to expect a premium product in return. I'm not one of those trendy Apple posers. I truly believed in the company and helped to sell its product when everyone around me was favoring windows. I stuck by them because I knew their focus was in innovation. Sad to say that now with Steve being gone so has that focus. I want to see an Apple product in every hand but not with an over priced malfunctioning iPhone. Consumers are loyal but not stupid and apple won't get away with adding a new cheap bell or whistle alongside a litter "s" to its latest product, for much longer. Greed has become the new focus and innovation is becoming extremely blurry.
    12-05-11 12:21 AM
    I don't mind so much the discussion that OP brings up.
    But I'm annoyed at the thread title.

It's really provoking in a bad way, and exactly the thing these boards don't need.

Really, you could have said, "Full price didn't seem worth it now" or "Was it worth it paying full price?", but nope.

Can we close threads like these mods?
    Don't need to see this at the top of the boards.
    People need to stop judging a thread by its title. Its childish imo. Closing threads is for mods to decide.

I think the OP has a legitimate view. And I agree that maybe RIM should give us early adopters like an app or two or a little bit of cash to spend in their app world. Its little things like this which captures the gratitude and changes the minds of a company's most enthusiastic consumers when they're a little down on how things turned out.
    12-05-11 01:40 AM
    People need to stop judging a thread by its title. Its childish imo. Closing threads is for mods to decide.

I think the OP has a legitimate view. And I agree that maybe RIM should give us early adopters like an app or two or a little bit of cash to spend in their app world. Its little things like this which captures the gratitude and changes the minds of a company's most enthusiastic consumers when they're a little down on how things turned out.
    Yes, people need to. They also need to look beyond the surface of many things in life. But they don't. People are most likely to take a quick glance and draw conclusions. You can try and deny it all you want. In a world where the A.D.D. society cares little for the details, instead for the conclusion of the superficial masses. First impressions matter. Judging is not questioned anymore it's assumed.
    12-05-11 03:11 AM
    It is the way of the world. About 3 years ago, the first batch of XBox 360s came with the "red light of doom." I was an early purchaser, and traded them in thrice, having to repurchase a Bestbuy warranty each time. Also about 3 years ago, I was one of the first to order the Blackberry Tour, easily the worst phone I have ever had. The phone constantly bricked for no reason at all; its OS at the time was a failure. I purchased my first flat screen TV for $2,300.

I avoid being an early purchaser of anything, if possible. In the same way that I avoid being the first customer at a Chinese restaurant because, guess who will be eating the previous day's leavings? As surely as the sun rises from the east, and sets in the west, prices for new technology always drift southwards. You always enjoy the coolness factor of being the first to own a piece of technology, and also the privilege of its use at a premium; a higher price.

In this instance, RIM has disappointed everyone, not just the early purchasers. OS 2.0 is still not available. The new purchasers had to be enticed into buying the Playbook. In a way, buying it now also demonstrates great loyalty, since some of the Playbook's claim to fame: dual cameras, flash-enabled website, portable size, etc. can be found on other tablets. And those tablets don't suffer from the deficiencies that OS 2.0 is supposed to cure, even if they are generally more expensive.

It may sound harsh, but if you want to avoid being a guinea pig, wait at least 6 months before purchasing commodities, especially electronics. If you do purchase within that window, you have no standing to complain.
    12-05-11 06:46 AM
136 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD