So I am trying to update my playbook on the desktop software from the 1.0.5 Bundle 2342 to the new update available 1.0.6 Bundle 2390 and shows me "A fatal error has occurred while updating your BlackBerry� Tablet OS. Please try again." after it downloads update and halfway on the installation.

What should I do? I've retried it several times and I have the same problem
    06-24-11 07:46 AM
    Sounds like you're updating via Desktop Manager? Try going straight over WiFi -- I do not trust DM for anything related to the PlayBook right now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-11 08:01 AM
    Confirmed, I had the same when using the DM, disconnect PlayBook and use WiFi via the options > software updates like 18to12fitty says
    06-24-11 08:09 AM
    It may also be related to the country you are in. Did you make it far enough into the update for the playbook to boot with the new OS and go through the setup?

You should also do a bit of search here, as some people in unsupported countries that have updated their OS have lost some or all Applications. If AppWorld in your country does not support the Playbook, you may have problems. For example, a user in China lost most Apps when he did an OS update, even the AppWorld program, so there was no way to load Apps.

Robert
    06-24-11 08:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD