If you do a security are now able to choose your country on the initial setup rather than being limited to US or Canada as was the case for all of us early adopters.

Just thought some of you may be interested to know this.
    06-09-11 03:15 AM
    Hi,

Sorry but can you explain more as I'm new to my playbook which was purchased in the US.

Thanks
    06-09-11 07:24 AM
    Thanks for letting us know. I live in Japan and it took me about five times to get past the security agreement page as I kept selecting Canada and it wouldn't let me choose Canada. I first I thought I would have to return the playbook, but I kept trying, I guess for me, five times was the trick. It is good to know if I wipe the playbook I can choose Japan and reinstall OS, without any hang ups.
    06-09-11 07:32 AM
    Hi,

Sorry but can you explain more as I'm new to my playbook which was purchased in the US.

Thanks
    Basically those who purchased the PlayBook on its first release got a version for only the US or Canada. These were the only two options we had as country when setting it up. If you do a security wipe you should now be able to select your home country when going back through the set up process.

I didn't look at the full country list but I would say most places are covered now other than those who are in the non appworld supported countries.
    rbertyone likes this.
    06-09-11 11:21 AM
    Before doing a Debrick or security wipe, make sure you are in a Country currently supporting the Playbook. I did a debrick this morning and after the debrick and I restarted/setup the playbook, it went into its automatic check for updates mode and then downloaded another 27mb. My assumption is that the debrick gets you the basic OS and once it knows where you are, it downloads the rest of the OS applicable to your country. BTW, I am in Canada.

Here is a thread where a person in China lost AppWorld and the ability to load apps on his PlayBook.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/ho...0/#post6392515

Speaking of bugs, can't seem to insert the URL for the thread. May be the hyphens in the title. The thread title is how-find-my-app-world-icon

Robert
    Last edited by robsteve; 06-09-11 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Can't insert URL
    06-09-11 11:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD