Has anyone else had Facebook suddenly start being displayed as the mobile version of the site in the PlayBook browser instead of the full version?
    11-14-12 03:00 PM
    Nope. I just tested it for you using the Facebook browser bookmark that came with the OS and I still get the full version.
    11-14-12 04:35 PM
    Nope, full desktop version as usual.
    11-14-12 06:47 PM
    Facebook no. Twitter yes.
    11-14-12 09:30 PM
    No but I have had strange behavior such as adds bunched on top of photos.

It's been reported.
    Attached Thumbnails Facebook and the PlayBook browser-img_00000125.jpg  
    11-14-12 09:57 PM
    maybe disable java? or disable flash? or maybe both?
    11-14-12 10:18 PM
    I don't want to have to do that. I reported the issue, maybe Rims people will get in touch with Facebooks people and get it straightened out. Until then I still have my two Facebook apps for PlayBook to hold me over
    11-14-12 11:02 PM
    The facebook desktop version is too slow on the playbook browser and the chat keeps disconecting............
    06-13-13 02:16 AM
    I don't want to have to do that. I reported the issue, maybe Rims people will get in touch with Facebooks people and get it straightened out. Until then I still have my two Facebook apps for PlayBook to hold me over
    Another work-around, 'cause I don't think BB's people will be talking to Facebook's people any time soon... is to download 'SimpleBrowser' (for free) from the Blackberry Store as it has the facility to 'pretend' to be a desktop browser, so sites will show their full version, not their mobile version.

I have no affiliation with SimpleBrowser, and there are probably other options, but I know this one works, and it is free...

Cheers,

Chris.
    06-13-13 06:54 AM
    Ok, I just checked tge facebook icon that comes with the playbook and I got the mobile version. I never did like the look of this version on any device, so I just accessed facebook from google or browser and did a 'add to homescreen'. This gives you the regular version. I do this with most of the sites I use regularly. Some people don't like this and prefer logo icons, but I don't really care about that. I guess my playbook desktop looks pretty ugly to most people, but it works fine for me.
    06-13-13 03:40 PM