So with the new update on the facebook app, everytime I open it about 15 seconds later it it disappears. Is there some sort of quick fix for this because I like to use the app over mobile site and I would be very disappointed if I couldn't anymore.
    08-02-11 10:43 AM
    And you're complaining? Be thankful.
    08-02-11 11:25 AM
    Be thankful that I can`t use the Facebook app? So I take it there is no way to fix it and this is an issue that RIM has created?
    08-02-11 11:40 AM
    Be thankful that I can`t use the Facebook app? So I take it there is no way to fix it and this is an issue that RIM has created?
    He was trying to be funny. How apps are you running at one time when you open your facebook app?
    08-02-11 11:41 AM
    maybe you are running out of memory, try to reboot your pb if the problem persists, theres a thread in Apps and Games about this, just dont have time to find it for you!
    08-02-11 03:27 PM
    I also have the same problem and i can say very certain it's not because my memory is low or anything. It will just completely close down at random intervals (sometimes right away and while fb is the only app running), a reboot seems to help to a certain extent but i really do not now what else could be causing it. By me it's the only app alongside my browser that can just shut down anytime. By clearing my cache/local settings or rebooting seems to help my browser, but yeah....i hope it's software related and not hardware.
    08-02-11 04:01 PM
    I also have the same problem and i can say very certain it's not because my memory is low or anything. It will just completely close down at random intervals (sometimes right away and while fb is the only app running), a reboot seems to help to a certain extent but i really do not now what else could be causing it. By me it's the only app alongside my browser that can just shut down anytime. By clearing my cache/local settings or rebooting seems to help my browser, but yeah....i hope it's software related and not hardware.
    Have you updated the app to version 2.0? I know it might be a silly question but one worth asking
    08-02-11 04:03 PM
    does anyone notice that the fb chat on the app doesnt get all of the messages sent in the chat
    08-02-11 04:05 PM
    Have you updated the app to version 2.0? I know it might be a silly question but one worth asking
    Oh yeah, version 2.0.986. I always keep everything updated, nothing's a silly question.
    08-02-11 04:12 PM
    Oh yeah, version 2.0.986. I always keep everything updated, nothing's a silly question.
    Just seemed like a "is your computer plugged in" type question. I would suggest doing a hard reboot by hood the volume and power buttons down until your playbook restarts that should fix the issue.
    08-02-11 05:28 PM
    Just seemed like a "is your computer plugged in" type question. I would suggest doing a hard reboot by hood the volume and power buttons down until your playbook restarts that should fix the issue.
    Oke i'll definitely try that, thanks alot.
    08-03-11 12:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD