I didn't see any thread about the new Facebook app...

Did you install it ? What do you think of it ?
    03-16-12 02:03 AM
    I didn't see any thread about the new Facebook app...

Did you install it ? What do you think of it ?

Correct me if i'm wrong. I believe that new facebook app is for phones,
    03-16-12 02:11 AM
    Well I have it now on my playbook.
    03-16-12 02:14 AM
    Well I have it now on my playbook.

I believe we got an update right after os2.0 was available. In the morning I will turn on my PB and see if there is an update. Take care
    Bakamushi likes this.
    03-16-12 02:20 AM
    I believe we got an update right after os2.0 was available. In the morning I will turn on my PB and see if there is an update. Take care
    This is correct, 2.2.1.7 is the latest one and is available since os2 is out...

Back is on topic, what do I think of it... It's getting there but still lacks behind.
    03-16-12 05:49 AM
    I am not a great Facebook user, so I will not be giving any expert comments on this. For the moment here is what I can say :

- For most Options it says something like "not implemented yet in this app, do you want to display this function in the browser ?"

- Like the PIM apps, it imposes a menu bar, with buttons that could have been easily rejected to the sliding top bar, which is almost empty.
    03-16-12 02:49 PM
    Never used the app, I always just go to facebook via web browser, everything has on facebook has always work fine that way. Why use an app that only has half the functionality?
    03-16-12 04:13 PM
    Same as the guy above me I never use the fb app I usually just go on the website
    03-16-12 04:32 PM
    At least it now works in portrait view
    03-16-12 04:41 PM
    Why use an app that only has half the functionality?
    Because I use only half the FB functionalities
    03-16-12 04:54 PM
    Never used the app, I always just go to facebook via web browser, everything has on facebook has always work fine that way. Why use an app that only has half the functionality?
    I totally agree. I have the app installed, but the only time I've used it is to upload pictures taken on my PB.
    03-16-12 04:55 PM
    I do not see the purpose of an app to replace the full functionality of the website.
    03-16-12 05:35 PM

- Like the PIM apps, it imposes a menu bar, with buttons that could have been easily rejected to the sliding top bar, which is almost empty.
    that is a valid point, but by doing the layout that way it holds the UI of other FB apps across both the BB phones and other platforms, and thats obviously something that works well for users too.
    03-16-12 05:40 PM
    can't imagine limiting myself to the app when i have a perfectly good browser
    03-16-12 07:33 PM
    For those who say they don't need an app on a mobile device, I don't know what to answer. Or rather I know what to answer but I don't have time for that.

However this below is intriguing. I have read it several times and I am still not sure what it means.

that is a valid point, but by doing the layout that way it holds the UI of other FB apps across both the BB phones and other platforms, and thats obviously something that works well for users too.
    03-16-12 07:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD