- CrackBerry Newbie
- 1 Posts
Extremely sluggish slow PlayBook and virtual keyboard
I like my PlayBook and find the number and quality of apps more than sufficient. However the keyboard often lags ten to twenty characters behind, sometimes the keyboard won't even come up, and the browser, especially, is often slow. This seems to have some relationship to available memory, but not entirely. I frequently close browser to free up memory, but still have problems. The keyboard lag is especially annoying. Appreciate any tips to free up memory, but this is not only problem.
- CrackBerry Abuser
02-05-2013, 05:52 PM #3
- 327 Posts
There is some latent process hanging around interfering typically. A reboot will solve it. The keyboard under QNX runs as a separate process. This is good and bad. The bad is that it can get quite out of sync with what's going on if the system is bogged down. It's also written in Adobe Air so isn't the most efficient or stable process running. The fix is BB10 (although I think the architectural problem with the separate process is still an issue) but a work around is the reboot. Sorry.
- By chefnilla in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 2Last Post: 05-06-2011, 02:05 AM
- By lauren25 in forum BlackBerry Torch 9800Replies: 3Last Post: 01-30-2011, 09:54 PM
- By greggebhardt in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 12Last Post: 11-26-2010, 11:44 AM
- By ericxd in forum BlackBerry Torch 9800Replies: 6Last Post: 11-16-2010, 01:42 PM
- By naviculture in forum BlackBerry Torch 9800Replies: 2Last Post: 08-14-2010, 04:32 PM