Hi, I have done a security wipe on my PB, and then realised that there was an important Docs2Go worksheet that I had not copied over to my PC first,
    I still have the latest backup though, so is there a way to go into the backup and copy out the sheet that I need? The file extension is .bbb (the new desktop software).

Thanks
    05-26-12 01:30 AM
    Was the backup done in 2.0.1.358? If so, you can't extract.

Otherwise, it's simply a .zip file. Open it up.
    05-26-12 01:51 AM
    aye, it's a 2.0.1.358 backup,

I can open it in WinRAR/7zip and there are some .tar files in there, but they won't open. Oh well,
    05-26-12 02:10 AM
    aye, it's a 2.0.1.358 backup,

I can open it in WinRAR/7zip and there are some .tar files in there, but they won't open. Oh well,
    WinZip handles .tar archives. For the uninitiated tar is a Unix command which creates and extracts tape archive files. Do not be concerned about the 'tape' in tape archive; it is a historical name from the days of tape drives and mainframes and mini-computers.
    05-26-12 03:40 AM
    Why don't you just load the back up file on to your PlayBook, i.e. restore using that back up file?
    05-26-12 03:53 AM
    yeah bounce007, I was going to just restore it and take the file off, but I was just wondering if there was a way to do it without the restore, It'll probably come to that though, hehe
    05-26-12 03:56 AM
    yeah bounce007, I was going to just restore it and take the file off, but I was just wondering if there was a way to do it without the restore, It'll probably come to that though, hehe
    Oh ok. Good stuff then! All the best!
    05-26-12 04:00 AM
    I am guessing that when everyone wipes their unit they usually restore from a backup. Am I to assume that you are trying to extract a file from someone else's backup? Not sure but their might be some encryption protocols in place to avoid things like this from happening.
    05-26-12 09:12 AM
    I am in a similar situation. My Playbook was really lagging, so I backuped (apps = 1.5GB of data), and then wiped it clean. It runs a LOT smoother now. But I would like to reinstall only some of the app data, not all. I am lookint to see if there was a way to select which parts of the apps would be restored, and what wouldn't? It would seem that once on the playbook, it is all htere, and you can't really clean that off.
    04-17-13 07:19 PM
    I am in a similar situation. My Playbook was really lagging, so I backuped (apps = 1.5GB of data), and then wiped it clean. It runs a LOT smoother now. But I would like to reinstall only some of the app data, not all. I am lookint to see if there was a way to select which parts of the apps would be restored, and what wouldn't? It would seem that once on the playbook, it is all htere, and you can't really clean that off.
    Well, if you want, you can just re-download those apps and place them on the pb using Appworld (bbworld) rather than restore as long as you've kept your same bbid and the apps have not changed price.
    04-17-13 09:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD