I see on the specs for the playbook it says microUSB . Is this a slot for a sd card or a usb stick? The one thing that turned me off the ipad aside from the size was that there wasnt a slot for a memory card or usb stick to store things on outside of the internal memory.
    09-28-10 04:21 PM
    There was no mention of one and it didn't look like there was a place for one, so I'm going to say that there wasn't until we hear otherwise. That said, it's very possible that it could be added by the time it gets released...hopefully along with some other things people want, like a user replaceable battery!
    09-28-10 04:48 PM
    At this point in time it's anyone's guess. Since there didn't seem to be an external slot for one hopefully it's under the battery cover assuming there's going to be a removable battery.
    09-28-10 07:33 PM
    I don't think that's finished hardware that they showed (hence it being locked behing plexiglass so we couldn't get a feel for it.)
    09-28-10 07:45 PM
    The video showed the media player containing multiple albums which 1 GB would probably be completely spent on merely like 6 so best guess is that it does have expandable memory
    09-28-10 09:28 PM
    There were some photos taken on other sites that showed the backside had a sitcker saying 16GB. Probably all storage is internal. At 16GB not bad..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-10 09:33 PM
    usb 3.0 will be good for an external storage.
    09-28-10 10:41 PM
    Since it has USB won't we just be able to use an external hard drive if we wish? Sure that would suck for portability but for when your at home it would be great.

I'm really wondering about the USB. Hopefully drivers will be made for it. Just think about getting a USB hub the connecting a keyboard and mouse and a HD then you could hook it up to your TV and have a basic, possibly cheap living room computer. Again none of that will be useful outside of your house. But I think it would be pretty cool for using the internet on the TV.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-10 09:47 AM
    Just because something has a USB port on it, doesn't mean you can hook up an external drive to it and use it. The OS must support such a peripheral in order for it to work like that.
    09-29-10 09:51 AM
    I really hope it does. At least a micro SD slot .. I want to be able to store my stuff externally. Other than that i love it, i just hope its affordable.
    10-20-10 06:15 PM
    I would actually prefer a standard SD so I can take the SD card out of my good camera and load pictures to it. Sure, I could use a micro SD in the camera with an adapter, but I would rather not. That will also give me a way to use a portable document scanner without having to use USB, in case we don't get that ability either...
    10-20-10 06:50 PM
    SD would be great. Imagine having a 32 or 64GB SD card to use for storage. Something tell me we will not see it even though it would have been easy to do. Maybe a few models down the road.
    10-24-10 06:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD