Hi, just wondering can you connect an external contract to the playbook? or can i store my files off my playbook onto a wifi hard drive or something ? because i cant decide wether to have a 16GB or 32GB version

Any advice welcome
    05-19-11 06:24 AM
    Hi, just wondering can you connect an external contract to the playbook? or can i store my files off my playbook onto a wifi hard drive or something ? because i cant decide wether to have a 16GB or 32GB version

Any advice welcome
    solid answer: No (at least for now)
    05-19-11 06:32 AM
    solid answer: No (at least for now)
    sorry i meant connect to an external hard drive to the playbook ?

Which is best to go for 16/32gb ?
    05-19-11 06:36 AM

Any advice welcome
    so, my company just announced a wireless hard drive that broadcasts its own SSID and allows exactly what you're asking. it's not available yet, but i've done a lot of testing with it, and it's pretty solid.

i tested the Xoom, iPad, and my PlayBook. of the 3, PlayBook was able to play the most different types of formats using the native media players/browsers.

GoFlex Satellite Wireless | Seagate

here's a quick screenshot of the Satellite interface on PlayBook:
    Last edited by osubass1; 05-19-11 at 07:57 AM. Reason: added screenshot
    mjs416, NBaker20 and zee921 like this.
    05-19-11 07:41 AM
    so, my company just announced a wireless hard drive that broadcasts its own SSID and allows exactly what you're asking. it's not available yet, but i've done a lot of testing with it, and it's pretty solid.

i tested the Xoom, iPad, and my PlayBook. of the 3, PlayBook was able to play the most different types of formats using the native media players/browsers.

GoFlex Satellite Wireless | Seagate
    That is excellent news! i shall definately be getting one of those when it is released! Any news when it will be available
    05-19-11 07:57 AM
    i should probably know when it's coming out, but i don't know for sure.

it should be in the next couple weeks.

i know it's available for preorder on Best Buy.

Portable External Hard Drive | Hard Drives | Drives & Storage | Computers & Tablets : Seagate_GoFlex_Satellite - BestBuy

i just realized you're in the UK. it will be a bit delayed in your region. i think it's going to be sometime in mid summer for you.
    Last edited by osubass1; 05-19-11 at 08:06 AM.
    05-19-11 08:02 AM
    Similar idea, that is available now. NAS that also has a cloud interface, you can access your data from anywhere that has an Internet connection, not just your own Wireless network. There is also an app that you can install on your computer (Free if you dont want to stream media...) and turn selected folders on there into cloud accessable storage.

The web interface works very well on the Playbook

Pogoplug, Your Personal Cloud: Free Software and Award-Winning Devices
    05-19-11 08:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD