With the new OS update, browsing with PB wifi on and PB wifi off (which PB then piggies back automatically off the BB wifi) seems to be almost identical in speeds, I now have my PB wifi off most of the time since I always carry my bridged BB alongside the PB. No point having both BB and PB wifi on at the same time. So my PB battery last much longer now.
    08-30-11 08:10 PM
    Can you check what you wrote and edit? It says "browsing with PB wifi on and PB wifi off" but I think you meant one of those to be "BB wifi".
    08-30-11 09:47 PM
    i think they mean pb wifi off and bb wifi on, as bluetooth does drain slightly less power than wifi

only downside to that is bluetooth does bottleneck your speed quite a lot. Over the playbook wifi i get around 5meg/s download if i connect directly. If i do it via the phone it drops to just over 1meg/s.

Suppose its a good way to save battery if you dont need the speed though (and dont mind giving your phone battery a thrashing)
    08-31-11 02:08 AM
    wifi on, pb browser flies. wifi off, pb browser automatically bridges into bb's wifi under new os. kills your bb battery but the bb battery lasts much longer than the pb's. i dont notice much speed changes between the 2.
    08-31-11 09:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD