Yes there are THREADS on this, but my question is...How many of you used this warranty that you got through Blackberry.com? Is it worth 129? Now I'm pretty careful with my things. BUT! People have told me that have several open tickets open about their playbook and no response in a timely fashion. I just got mine a couple days ago for 280 bucks! BRAND NEW off EBAY! lol and now I want to get some extra protection! Thoughts? Suggestions?
    10-13-11 04:58 PM
    Oh and is there a time limit to get it added? When I registered I got that 90 day thingy. But Isn't this already covered up to 1 year for the manufacture warranty?
    10-13-11 05:03 PM
    anybody? lol sorry for bumping this!
    10-14-11 08:09 AM
    I bought it, but I have not had to use it yet. I believe you have to purchase the extended warranty within 30 days of purchase. The 90 days is primarily for phone support to help you with the new device. The 1 year warranty covers defects. If you purchase the extended warranty then the phone support and the original warranty is extended to two years and you're covered in case of accidental damage as well.
    10-14-11 08:54 AM
    I bought it, but I have not had to use it yet. I believe you have to purchase the extended warranty within 30 days of purchase. The 90 days is primarily for phone support to help you with the new device. The 1 year warranty covers defects. If you purchase the extended warranty then the phone support and the original warranty is extended to two years and you're covered in case of accidental damage as well.
    I won it off ebay, so my question is. it's already covered for a year the day i registered it online for the 90 day support right?
    10-14-11 09:24 AM
    Bought Staples' additional protection insurance. Probably shouldn't have
    10-14-11 12:03 PM
    I won it off ebay, so my question is. it's already covered for a year the day i registered it online for the 90 day support right?
    Yes, if you registered you should be good. RIM starts the count from when you purchased the device, though I'm not quite sure how that works with eBay. You can go to this link to see exactly when your 90-Day Complimentary Support expires:
    https://consumersupport.webapps.blackberry.com/bber/
    10-14-11 01:31 PM
    THANKS! I might just go ahead and get the extended!
    10-15-11 10:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD