Extend time out?
Is there any way to extend the time out beyond 5 minutes on the Playbook? I use Osmand+, and every 5 minutes the screen and the Playbook go onto standby. I need to swipe the screen again to see the programme. Dangerous when driving and I like to be safe.
- CrackBerry Genius
01-25-2013, 11:13 AM #2
- 3,115 Posts
There are a couple of apps in app world that will keep your PB awake, Stay On being one of them. That being said, these apps must be visible for them to work. In other words, you can't have the app you want to keep awake, here being Osmand, maximized.
Thank you Pacoman03 and Lendo78.
Unfortunaley 'Stay On' does exactly what is says. It keeps on only when in full screen, it allows other programmes to work in the background. The Playbook does not switch off. However if the 'Stay On' app is put into the backgound, even in showcase, then it reverts to a normal time out of 5 minutes. Bummer! Ah well. I hope that BB10, when we get it, allows the time limit to be altered.
- 01-25-2013, 06:01 PM #6
This screen would suggest there's an api that developers will be able to use to have their apps request the screen not time out..
Than you Just_Luc. How do you get to the screen that you printed? If I have password switched off, all I can see is the 'lock after 30' greyed out. Even when I enable the password the max setting is 30 minutes.
Pacoman03. Thank you for your suggestion. Innivotive. However to run the playbook screen like that is distracting, and also the nav screen size may as well be a mobile nav. A good try though.
- 01-26-2013, 03:24 AM #9Proud Member of the PlayBook Beta Test Team (Since June 2011)
- By rep26 in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 3Last Post: 07-04-2008, 01:40 AM
- By farrock02 in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 5Last Post: 05-14-2008, 11:59 AM
- By naviwilliams in forum BlackBerry 87xx SeriesReplies: 2Last Post: 02-19-2008, 06:25 PM
- By tuffgong2k3 in forum BlackBerry 8800, 8820Replies: 3Last Post: 12-01-2007, 09:58 AM
- By JohnDawson in forum BlackBerry 8800, 8820Replies: 4Last Post: 06-06-2007, 12:06 PM