Hi all,

I didn't finish going through the forums but decided to post the question. First off....I FINALLY GOT MY 64GB PlayBook!!! Took a week of waiting but it's finally here!

Secondly, I can bridge my 9900 to the PB and can access all my contacts, calendar, email info etc. But once the bridge is off, I lose all that data. Isn't there a way I can export all that information to the PB without being bridged? For the email it was easy, I just typed in all my info again. But there must be a another way for the contacts and calendar. Syncying with my MAC doesn't give me the info either.

Thanks!
    03-07-12 10:37 AM
    If you use something like Google calendar and/or contacts, you can sync using the Accounts to add that to the email aspects. I will be honest. I am not sure exactly what I did but when I initially added a Google gmail account, suddenly my Contacts were in the Native Contact app. When I had troubles with the battery (manual setting it seems), I deleted gmail and my contacts disappeared. I re-added the calendar/contacts and they came back. I have not re-added any Native email.
    03-07-12 07:10 PM
    I'm pretty sure the contacts you have are all imported from Google. But all my contacts are on my MAC and don't want them synced the Google so I can sync them to the PB. That sounds ridiculous right? There must be a way to get all that info from the MAC to the PB directly!
    03-08-12 03:17 PM
    There must be a way to get all that info from the MAC to the PB directly!
    No way to do it yet. All the demos of the new contact apps and etc seemed to center upon active syncing to either cloud type services or Microsoft Exchange servers. There has not been any mention of syncing to a PC/Mac.
    03-08-12 03:28 PM
    Open a Google account and sync your BB phone with Google. Set your Google account up in your PlayBook and all of the contacts will sync to your PB. You can sync your calendar the same way.
    03-08-12 03:30 PM
    I guess it really is becoming a "cloud-based" data world. Soon we won't have any choice whatsoever. We will have to "share" our info including the private info (contacts, doctors appts, etc) with Google or Yahoo or XXX. We may all have multi-tetrabyte hard drives but won't be able to use them or they will be backup but our primary data will be OUT THERE. Getting my tinfoil hat rebuilt!
    03-08-12 03:55 PM
    Resist. You are the last defense. Instead, let us force (stupid) RIM to provide a working solution. Synching the PC apps with mobile devices directly is normal and customary.

Do not succumb to the Big Brothers of the world scouring our data. If people want to be fooled for expediency, let them be first to be the product. Just delete my info first. Heck I will do the same to mine your data in perpetuity -- all your contacts and their relationships, all what you do and stated in your calendar, is cheaper than seconds of server time, or paying for the data to be typed in.
    03-08-12 10:21 PM
    Resist. You are the last defense. Instead, let us force (stupid) RIM to provide a working solution. Synching the PC apps with mobile devices directly is normal and customary.
    Seems simple. We already have backup via BB Protect. Why not allow it to download/sync to Playbook. Problem solved. Systems are already in place if they were just utilized.

jest my thoughts
    03-08-12 10:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD