If you really want to know everyone's opinion...
    I hate android because it looks cheap and ugly and it's sluggish and buggy. Most apps are very slow at start and the orientation spins around 10000 times before actually loading an app.

I hate iOS because in my opinion they basically have 1 device.
    iPad = oversized iPod Touch
    iPhone = GSM-Enabled iPod Touch

I like BlackBerry because people see me differently when I use a BB. It gives me a more office-ish look. And the PB is cool because it has no buttons XD. People always think it;'s some Science Fiction stuff when they see my swiping up and down
    Last edited by collapsed; 05-31-12 at 10:24 AM.
    Sucroid and alnamvet68 like this.
    05-31-12 10:04 AM
    Hatred is because of two reasons:
    1. Apple/Android are over-rated.
    2. Blackberry is under-rated.
    05-31-12 10:18 AM
    I'm new and reading posts to understand my playbook better. I notice that some (not all) really have a hatred towards other devices and I want to know why? The only thing I can compare it to the ford vs chevy vs dodge trucks, I live in farm country . BTW all of these trucks work well.
    Easy answer: It's a blackberry fanboys forum. That's why
    05-31-12 10:31 AM
    Well in 10 years the cellphones are going to own us and they will do the same thing. I don't know about you but I don't multitask very well and my memory sucks hahah
    MasterOfBinary likes this.
    05-31-12 10:54 AM
    A couple of reasons for "hatred" on all devtice forums.... First and formost are Trolls... and unfortunatley there are a lot of them.... second is each plarform has a number of members who say out right outragous things about other platforms which of course gets those being talked about a real mad on.... "Boy Genius" comes to mind... and finally it is just childish.... afterall we are talking electronics not some earhshaking event.....
    05-31-12 10:57 AM
    OP, it's just because some people take things too personally. Corporations are corporations. Their only concern is the bottom-line regardless of whether you believe one of them has charity motives and altruistic desire to change the world for the better.

Similarly, devices are just that. Devices. They are not family members. The Playbook works for me (although there are quite a few things I want to see improved), but, if someone says it's bad and RIM is not doing the right things, well, be it. That's with any gadget I have. I know why I use it. And emotional attachment and commitment to a brand are not the reasons.

Oh, by the way, it's amazing to see people saying they don't feel the hatred towards a company, a product, or certain brand product owners, when pretty much all their posts demonstrate the opposite.
    05-31-12 11:03 AM
    Explain the blackberry hatred.............
    05-31-12 11:11 AM
    I have no issues in admitting I hate Apple Products, I have tried them, multiple times, and will continue trying them, but I have never had an Apple product that I didn't hate using.

Apple as a Company, they are like Sony to me, a company that I don't like their business practices, I didn't like their CEO, I don't like their message, I don't like their methodologies,

To talk to your truck point.

If you were on a truck website, just a general truck website, then your statement of "The only thing I can compare it to the ford vs chevy vs dodge trucks, I live in farm country . BTW all of these trucks work well. " would be acceptable, but Bring that to a Ford Truck forum and you'll be met with how bad the Dodge suspension is, or their baring issues.

This is a BlackBerry Enthusiast website, many posters who are far from Enthusiasts have spent a great deal of time telling the Enthusiasts they are idiots for liking the products they like, and why other products namely Apple or Products Running Android are better.

that is why there is the hostility
    05-31-12 11:12 AM
    I believe your question has been adequately answered, but it's not just this forum. I advise you to join and post on an android forum or iPad forum a post stating that you have an iPad or a Galaxy Tab with a legitimate question on either, but make a comment alluding to the fact that you don't have this problem with your PB and step out of the way. Talk about a flame war! It happened to me when I was trying to address a wifi issue for my wife's iPad. You will be roasted alive. No different. Human nature, regardless of forum. It's not exactly hate so much as that I praised another device on their turf. Understandable.
    05-31-12 11:29 AM
    I believe your question has been adequately answered, but it's not just this forum. I advise you to join and post on an android forum or iPad forum a post stating that you have an iPad or a Galaxy Tab with a legitimate question on either, but make a comment alluding to the fact that you don't have this problem with your PB and step out of the way. Talk about a flame war! It happened to me when I was trying to address a wifi issue for my wife's iPad. You will be roasted alive. No different. Human nature, regardless of forum. It's not exactly hate so much as that I praised another device on their turf. Understandable.
    According to iFans, everything that comes with your iDevice is an iFeature. There are no bugs.
    05-31-12 11:34 AM
    It is becoming Hate because of the way products are marketed today. Marketing today is all driven at getting you to associate an image of a person with a product, then making you want to BE that image.

The converse to that is... certain people react negatively to certain images... and thus... you end up with real animosity. Through on top of that the general anti-tech nature of apple's products, and its cult-like following of smug, yet largely ignorant people, and you have a recipe for disaster.

Note that the android hate here is far less palpable than the Apple hate. its not because Apple is successful. Its because of the cognitive dissonance of Apple people, and their perception of technology.

When the iphone first came out it literally did nothing that dozens of other smart phones didn't do. And it was limited in many ways. For example I had a 3g smartphone at the time. It was a full touchscreen device. I was looking at the iphone thinking... what is the big deal?

But most people didn't use smart phones back then so they didn't know. They thought this really was something knew.

Apple is known for making ridiculous claims of innovation when the innovation was not only done by someone else... it was done literally years before. The iphone was just another example of that.

All of these things combine together to make a real barrier between apple people and everyone else.
    05-31-12 11:39 AM
    I don't have any hatred for any system, it's kinda silly to hate an object, and use them all. iOS is a nice, reliable and very uncomplicated system but I do find it terminally boring. Android is much more interesting and usable to me.

If you are fascinated by system hatred, check out XDA forums. Those strange people can't cope with any talk of Apple or iOS that isn't pure and unadulterated hate. It's remarkable how much they hate Apple...to an overbearingly fanatic rage. You can make an unbiased comment about all the systems and point out many negatives about iOS and maybe one or a few positives and they will instantly label you an Apple lover and fanatic and troll based on that one or few positive iOS comments. Completely ignoring all of the negative points you made about it.

The Apple hate there is so bad that if they even get a whiff of a hint of Apple love or like, they will harass you mercilessly.

None of the current systems are bad. They all have good points. But iOS needs to evolve and get with the times. It's still basically the exact same thing it was when it launched. Android needs to improve and become more refined. BB needs more apps.
    05-31-12 11:44 AM
    Awesome.

I need to find this XDA place... sound like my kind of people. Nothing wrong with Apple Corp that a tactical scale nuclear device wouldn't fix.
    05-31-12 11:48 AM
    I believe the "hatred" is due to so many trolls coming on to the crackberry forum trying to cry down the playbook and of the perceived media biases against RIM (especially in the USA). I think Android and Apple have some good features in their products, it just that i prefer the playbook and the 9900...for now!!
    05-31-12 12:51 PM
    Awesome.

I need to find this XDA place... sound like my kind of people. Nothing wrong with Apple Corp that a tactical scale nuclear device wouldn't fix.
    Yeahhhh about that...

XDA is just OK *IF* you're talking to the developers on there. The general public users of XDA have a lot of immature "haXx0Rzz" mentality kids, who generally act very ill bahved towards people. I have seen a lot of "well W T F dood, that's a stupid question NEWB" and they don't get deleted often. I used to play a ton of video games online, and I find a striking similarity between some of the members at XDA and the "pwnz0rz" kids who tend to inhabit video game forums.

Of course that's not all of them. But I have noticed more there than here, Phandroid, and the other branches of Mobile Nations put together.
    05-31-12 02:06 PM
    I don't think it is hatred, it is just difference of opinion. Actually most of the negative posts I've seen in these forums are from people who are bashing RIM, not Apple/Android ("drive-by trolling" or whatever you call it).

Still, I think when you do see a more aggressive reply from a RIM user, it is usually because they have been instigated already by numerous anti-playbook or anti-BB prods and pokes, they've just about had it, and lash out in response to criticize another platform.
    +1. A lot of people come around with their stories about how RIM will be dead tomorrow and BB users will all instantly burn their phones. And BBs suck because ____ and iPhones are way better.
    05-31-12 02:13 PM
    I think BlackBerry users are more in defense of themselves and BlackBerry. Other platform users just hate on BlackBerry because of what it can't do.. So people that do use BlackBerry devices, are people that are dedicated and really believe in what they do. Because BlackBerry is for smart people. If you don't understand how the devices function, then you won't enjoy using one. RIM and BlackBerry actually stand for something. It's not just a phone or tablet, it's more than that. RIM and BlackBerry actually do something in the community. Like there original slogan said, "Do what you LOVE." And now, "Be Bold!" iphone and Android are just devices that are simple and are just a piece of material that calls and does all these cool things. When BlackBerry actually wants the user to be smarter than their smartphone. They have a purpose behind what they do.
    05-31-12 02:22 PM
    I like Andoid and iOs, today the iPad is probably the best tablet on the market. But I'm convinced that the philosophy behind QNX (the gestures, cascades, etc.) is better in the long run.
    05-31-12 02:29 PM
    Where's the OP?
    Hgouck likes this.
    05-31-12 03:07 PM
    I have no vested interest in what device anyone uses. Find the one that works for you and get the most out of it. Do your research. Try them all. Buy the one that best meets your needs. Don't be upset that your choice is not the same as mine. Realize that every device has strengths and weaknesses.
    With that said, go enjoy the more important things in life. Family, friends, and relationships mean more than anything else.
    Marty_LK likes this.
    05-31-12 03:46 PM
    Where's the OP?
    Read his other threads and posts, and you'll get an idea what he's all about; you've all been had............

A G A I N
    cleveland216 likes this.
    05-31-12 04:20 PM
    Like another poster mentioned way earlier in the thread, I don't particularly "hate" apple or Android, but for me the reasons are very transparent. I like using my Apple MacBook Pro, but I could just as easily use a HP Pavillion whatever is out these days. For me the computer is just a tool just like an impact driver. The brand doesn't matter much as long as it gets the job done.

I do dislike the fact that Apple intends to box you into their walled garden and doesn't make it easy for you to use alternative sources of music and apps to the point where its just easier to go to itunes instead of getting a cheaper version on a different market.

As far as Android goes, I may be paranoid, but for the last 5 or 6 years have tried to diversify my services. They also try to be the one stop shop for everything and for that reason they have access to an incredible amount of your personal information. Probably FaceBook surpassed them by now, but aside from having what many will agree to be an insecure OS, it's been know that they are using their analytics technology to monitor your browsing habits. Think about how many google services you use and how much information they could pull on you. Calendar, Contacts, Email, Documents, YouTube, Picasa, Blogger, ETC ETC ETC. Now add to that your search habits and app purchases, and its George Orwell 1984.

Now RIM may very well be collecting information about usage habits, but they also offer the most secure mobile platform and have many options when it comes to media consumption. 7 Digital and Amazon for music, as well as iTunes Sync via Desktop Manager if you are so inclined, Recently Rovi for Movies and TV shows, Vevo for music videos, with other offerings soon to come as dedicated apps. But at least all my information and data is not all in one easy to assemble package...

Just my $0.02
    05-31-12 04:25 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD