Hi, got my Playbook a couple of days ago and love it. But I am afraid to bring it outside to playing with the other kids

Has anyone experiences with protection foil, yet?

regards
    05-17-11 07:29 AM
    Protection Foil?

All i can tell you about fall protection is that with a single drop on concrete the screen will shatter with no protection.
    05-17-11 07:34 AM
    If you mean Invisa-shield or Ghost Armor coverings yes, they work well to protect from scratches. I use Ghost Armor on the screen and carry my PB in a leather case. Safe and sound and always around!
    05-17-11 08:15 AM
    What the heck is protection foil? Hm... maybe I need to take a closer look at the tiny type on the box of aluminum foil at the house.
    05-17-11 08:42 AM
    I was concerned about mine as well. I got the Otterbox Defender case and now I take it everywhere!
    05-17-11 08:48 AM
    Silly human, the protection foil is for your head to keep out the alien mind control rays, everyone knows RIM security is so good it is impervious to those!
    05-17-11 09:36 AM
    *arg* damn, feels like the scene in the mounty phyton movie where a man works with a dictonary full of wrong translation, you know what I mean? What ever:

I meen a transparent foil I can put on the screen to protect it from scratches. I learned that invisa shield or lamination sheet is (maybe) a better word for it

be patient, none-native-speaker on tour

regards
    05-17-11 10:39 AM
    *arg* damn, feels like the scene in the mounty phyton movie where a man works with a dictonary full of wrong translation, you know what I mean? What ever:

I meen a transparent foil I can put on the screen to protect it from scratches. I learned that invisa shield or lamination sheet is (maybe) a better word for it

be patient, none-native-speaker on tour

regards
    Don't worry about it, it's been stressful around here recently with all the PB bashing... everyone just needed a good laugh.

The proper term is a "screen protector" invisibleSHIELD is one of the brands of them made by Zagg. I actually have an Zagg invisibleSHIELD on my PB and love it, it was a little tricky to put on because the dimensions are so exact but I love it.
    05-17-11 11:05 AM
    Interesting the translations that turn up and funny too.
    05-17-11 11:49 AM
    *arg* damn, feels like the scene in the mounty phyton movie where a man works with a dictonary full of wrong translation, you know what I mean?
    Yep:

THE HUNGARIAN PHRASEBOOK

Hungarian: "I will not buy this record, it is scratched."
    Clerk: "Sorry?"
    Hungarian: "I will not buy this record, it is scratched."
    Clerk: "Uh, no, no, no. This is a tobacconist's."
    Hungarian: "Ah! I will not buy this *tobacconist's*, it is scratched."
    Clerk: "No, no, no, no. Tobacco ... um ... cigarettes." (holds up a pack)
    Hungarian: "Ya! See-gar-ets! Ya! Uh ... my hovercraft is full of eels."
    Clerk: "Sorry?"
    Hungarian: "My hovercraft ..." (pantomimes puffing a cigarette) "... is full of eels." (pretends to strike a match)
    Clerk: "Ahh, matches!"
    Hungarian: "Ya! Ya! Ya! Ya! Do you waaaaant ... do you waaaaaant ... to come back to my place, bouncy-bouncy?"
    Clerk: "Here, I don't think you're using that thing right."
    Hungarian: "You great poof."
    Clerk: "That'll be six and six, please."
    Hungarian: "If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me? I ... I am no longer infected."
    Clerk: "Uh, may I, uh ..." (takes phrase book, flips through it) "... Costs six and six ... ah, here we are." (speaks weird Hungarian-sounding words)

Cop: "What's going on here then?"
    Hungarian: "Ah. You have beautiful thighs."
    Cop: (looks down at himself) "WHAT?!?"
    Clerk: "He hit me!"
    Hungarian: "Drop your panties, Sir William; I cannot wait 'til lunchtime." (points at clerk)
    Cop: "RIGHT!!!" (drags Hungarian away by the arm)
    Hungarian: (indignantly) "My nipples explode with delight!"
    05-17-11 02:15 PM
    I love it!!
    05-17-11 03:06 PM
    This guy did a pretty good review on the Ghost Armor for the PB.

forums.crackberry.com/f222/ghost-armor-playbook-review-612537/

if you go to the second page i posted pictures of when i Ghost Armored mine. I truthfully like that fact that i can throw my PB into anywhere and not have to worry about it get scratches all over it now. i can "bring it out to play" as they say.. I had invisishield or Zagg on my Torch, but didn't like the way it felt, i have since put Ghost Armor on it and could not imagine having Zagg on the screen of the PB..

@unifiedTechs - you don't notice that it grips your fingers when your playing games or just moving your fingers around on it. i watched my friend take his iPhone 4 that had zagg on it and stick it to a window and it stuck. That's how grippe it is. He still has the zagg on his iPhone cause he's too cheap to swap it over to the Ghost Armor, but i can only imagine what it must be on a big screen like the PB.. how do you like it?
    Last edited by jamesacinellijr; 05-17-11 at 04:53 PM. Reason: url doesnt work
    05-17-11 04:50 PM
    Loving Ghost Armor on my screen. Didn't ut anything on the body as I use a case. Can't even see the GA on the screen and it feels great under the finger.
    05-17-11 08:31 PM
    @unifiedTechs - you don't notice that it grips your fingers when your playing games or just moving your fingers around on it. i watched my friend take his iPhone 4 that had zagg on it and stick it to a window and it stuck. That's how grippe it is. He still has the zagg on his iPhone cause he's too cheap to swap it over to the Ghost Armor, but i can only imagine what it must be on a big screen like the PB.. how do you like it?
    Yeah I noticed it but it really doesn't bug me, maybe because I don't really play games that much just surf the web, email, pull up PDF manuals, word docs, etc. Actually it kinda helps me selecting text because I don't get those little micro-movements (aka. Twitches) I got before. My hands have a slight shake to them and holding a finger perfectly still is almost impossible for me, only a few pixels each way but its why I hate slick touch-pads on laptops and certain things on touch screens.

Oh as a bonus it actually makes holding the PB feel more secure because there is actually a touch of grip where my thumbs go on the border.

I definitely see how mileage may vary for different people though.
    05-17-11 09:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD