I thought I would just let you know about my very recent experience with RIM UK and it's customer service. I had a probelm with my Playbook, I had taken advantage of the free 90 day support offering so I called them and they tried to resolve things guiding me over the phone. This didn't work so I was told I would need to send it in for repair. On Monday of this week (5th Dec) they emailed me the RMA info which I agreed with via email. On Tuesday I received the box to use to send it back via Fedex. I called Fedex for a collection from my home. They picked it up Tuesday afternoon. This morning Thurs 8th I got a replacement Playbook as they couldn't fix my existing one.

All I can say is what amazing speed and that all the people I spoke to on the phone were excellent and very helpful.

Anyway jsut thought I would let you all know
    12-08-11 06:11 AM
    Nice to hear positive things about RIM.
    12-08-11 06:55 AM
    I guess it's the nature of help and advice forums like these that the majority of questions and comments we hear about RIM are of the negative nature. People venting, griping, complaining, whining, etc., about their new toys. Not being critical....just saying.

Anyway, thank you very much for taking the time to say something positive. I suspect that the vast majority of complaints are treated in a timely and professional manner by RIM and you are just the tip of a very large iceberg.
    jivegirl14 likes this.
    12-08-11 07:02 AM
    Not only in UK, I am in the US. I received two units (32GB) from Staples and both have dusts under the screen. I called Staples for an exchange, but they didn't have any in stock. I called RIM and was able to take care of the exchange in just under an hour. RIM over night the replacement and I got them the next day. Free shipping both ways.

A+ for RIM customer service.
    12-08-11 09:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD