When the PB was first announced I was stoked. Now that time has passed and i start to think about it, it's looking more like a larger version of the BB. I love BB and will not switch to an all touch screen device for my phone. But when I start to think about the Galaxy tab and the possibilities it has and the amount of available apps it makes me less interested in the PB more and more. I want a tablet that will keep me entertained and be able to be productive, and I don't think the PB will give me the entertainment feature I want being that it still based on BB app availability.

Unless BB starts to announce pricing below the Tab or apps start to pop up that fit the entertainment need I think I might just keep BB for phone and go another route for my Tablet.
    The Tab has some issues. For one thing, Honeycomb is supposed to be the first Android version that truly supports the tablet formfactor. the Tab is running 2.2. Browsing apparently isn't as fluid as the iphone/touch (and, NO, I am no drooling Apple fanboi by any stretch of the imagination). I'm more than happy to wait for the PB to see if it is a better all-around performer than the Tab.
    11-11-10 12:00 PM
    The Neutrino-based microkernel architecture in the BlackBerry Tablet OS delivers high scalability, Common Criteria EAL 4+ security and support for industry standard tools that are already familiar to hundreds of thousands of developers. The OS is fully POSIX compliant, enabling easy portability of C-based code, supports Open GL for 2D and 3D graphics intensive applications like gaming, and will run applications built in Adobe Mobile AIR as well as the new BlackBerry WebWorks app platform (which will allow apps to be written to run on BlackBerry PlayBook tablets as well as BlackBerry smartphones with BlackBerry 6). The BlackBerry Tablet OS will also support Java, enabling developers to bring existing BlackBerry 6 Java applications to the BlackBerry Tablet OS environment.
    QNX used in new BlackBerry Tablet - Xpitec - Dataweek
    11-11-10 01:19 PM
    I don't think I'd get another Samsung product anytime soon after all the problems my wife and I have had with our Moments, plus a washer and dryer that we just got in the spring. Dyer has been repaired once, and replaced as well.
    11-12-10 07:35 AM
    I don't think I'd get another Samsung product anytime soon after all the problems my wife and I have had with our Moments, plus a washer and dryer that we just got in the spring. Dyer has been repaired once, and replaced as well.
    I've got two Sammy DLP's, and a Samsung CRT monitor. Other than the failure of one logic board (on the 61" DLP) about 7 months after purchase, they have been reliable. I wouldn't hesitate to buy Samsung products. What I would hesitate to buy is an Xbox360!!! Very high failure rate.
    11-12-10 09:49 AM
    I've got two Sammy DLP's, and a Samsung CRT monitor. Other than the failure of one logic board (on the 61" DLP) about 7 months after purchase, they have been reliable. I wouldn't hesitate to buy Samsung products. What I would hesitate to buy is an Xbox360!!! Very high failure rate.
    My sister's boyfriend bought a 42" samsung LCD. It overheats easily, causing the picture to become "funny"
    11-12-10 10:08 AM
    My sister's boyfriend bought a 42" samsung LCD. It overheats easily, causing the picture to become "funny"
    maybe that would work to improve Seinfeld? (I like Curb your enthusiasm, but my wife likes seinfield too, and I never find it all that funny--when she wants to watch Seinfeld, I leave the room and do something far more useful, like killing kids in MW2)
    11-12-10 10:24 AM
    maybe that would work to improve Seinfeld? (I like Curb your enthusiasm, but my wife likes seinfield too, and I never find it all that funny--when she wants to watch Seinfeld, I leave the room and do something far more useful, like killing kids in MW2)
    I say "funny", as it's very hard to describe what it looks like.

It's like using a computer with a blown video card.
    11-12-10 10:26 AM
    I say "funny", as it's very hard to describe what it looks like.

It's like using a computer with a blown video card.
    I knew what you meant. sigh.
    11-12-10 10:42 AM
    If you ask me, RIM should take a page out of Apple's playbook (yep, pun intended) and not make announcements until a product is ready or within a few weeks of being ready. RIM can't expect to release PB info to the public and then be like "Oh, btw, we're 6 months away from maybe releasing this thing". WTF... Really?

The hype of publicity might buy you a few weeks, but not months. I think RIM made the announcement just for the sake or the shareholders. "Look, we have something new we're working on, don't leave."

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-10 11:09 PM
    If you ask me, RIM should take a page out of Apple's playbook (yep, pun intended) and not make announcements until a product is ready or within a few weeks of being ready. RIM can't expect to release PB info to the public and then be like "Oh, btw, we're 6 months away from maybe releasing this thing". WTF... Really?

The hype of publicity might buys you a few weeks, but not months. I think RIM made the announcement just for the sake or the shareholders. "Look, we have something new we're working on, don't leave."

Rumour has it RIM's way ahead of you.
    11-12-10 11:13 PM
    Rumour has it RIM's way ahead of you.
    I sure hope so, but what will $600 buy me? A PB with no app base currently which I can use to read my BB emails with.... cool... I guess.

Also, AppWorld is a joke right now. There's no way they should even consider that pile of poo as their medium of delivering apps to the PB.

11-12-10 11:17 PM
    Jobs is going to throw tantrums when this device launches.
    11-13-10 07:02 AM
    I sure hope so, but what will $600 buy me? A PB with no app base currently which I can use to read my BB emails with.... cool... I guess.

Also, AppWorld is a joke right now. There's no way they should even consider that pile of poo as their medium of delivering apps to the PB.

App World should be revamped and they are expensive. I would expect Apple to have more expensive apps.
    11-13-10 07:08 AM
    Jobs is going to throw tantrums when this device launches.
    Jobs throws near-daily tantrums. he's such a tool. He seems to believe his own BS like "Blu-ray is a big bag of hurt", "7 inch tablets are DOA"... gimmie a break, Jobs!!
    11-13-10 10:35 AM
    I agree with what Civic is saying but Im not too worried about apps.....I believe them will come in due time. That fact that I'll be able to do everyday BB functions on a 7" screen has me sold! Having my Curve 8300 (8900 is currently broke, but soon to have a 4g storm hopefully yay) on the charger and connected to my playbook from across the room, while im enjoying the hopefully flawless multitasking. Depending on its functionality, i may just get rid of my laptop.
    11-13-10 10:50 AM
    If you ask me, RIM should take a page out of Apple's playbook (yep, pun intended) and not make announcements until a product is ready or within a few weeks of being ready. RIM can't expect to release PB info to the public and then be like "Oh, btw, we're 6 months away from maybe releasing this thing". WTF... Really?\
    Expect iPad 2 from Apple next April, says analyst - Computerworld
    11-19-10 05:47 PM
    So, no processor upgrade? RAM upgrade? Storage upgrade? Just the addition of a camera? OUCH!
    11-20-10 06:23 AM
    So, no processor upgrade? RAM upgrade? Storage upgrade? Just the addition of a camera? OUCH!
    Bad consumer! You don't want a faster processor or more RAM, just like you don't want a smaller and lighter device. Now sit down, shut up, and preorder the ipad 2.

/Steve Jobs
    11-20-10 08:07 AM
    Bad consumer! You don't want a faster processor or more RAM, just like you don't want a smaller and lighter device. Now sit down, shut up, and preorder the ipad 2.

/Steve Jobs
    I forgot who I was dealing with there. Thanks for getting me back in line!

LOL
    11-20-10 09:06 AM
    Now that I've reread the article, in Civic's defense, this is just some jackwagon analyst making his best guess and trying to pass it as fact, not Apple itself.
    11-20-10 09:10 AM
    I forgot who I was dealing with there. Thanks for getting me back in line!

LOL
    I told you you'd like it. *shakes fist angrily*
    11-20-10 09:14 AM
    Now that I've reread the article, in Civic's defense, this is just some jackwagon analyst making his best guess and trying to pass it as fact, not Apple itself.
    exactly, its not apple making any statements. there are always releasing stories like this. They have done like 20 about the iphone and Verizon and still nothing is actually know about when it will happen
    11-20-10 09:18 AM
    exactly, its not apple making any statements. there are always releasing stories like this. They have done like 20 about the iphone and Verizon and still nothing is actually know about when it will happen
    Exactly why we all love and hate the internet and its availablity in our pocket at any given moment... hate it when I have to put up with that type of garbage, and love it when I can whip it out (my phone) and prove my gf wrong (still talking about my phone).
    Last edited by drjay868; 11-20-10 at 01:52 PM.
    11-20-10 01:23 PM
    With the exception of the VZW iPhone, many of these early rumors are usually fairly accurate and the stories are popping up all over. How many people are going to buy an iPad for xMas if they hear the iPad2 is coming out a few months later? Even if its only a rumor, this could really affect iPad sales so of course Apple will try to keep quiet and ship 1st-gen models as long as it can.

This is the kind of news you don't want out 6 months in advance. I don't think RIM's early announcement hurt them... it kept their name in the game.
    Detective M Downs likes this.
    11-20-10 03:07 PM
    With the exception of the VZW iPhone, many of these early rumors are usually fairly accurate and the stories are popping up all over. How many people are going to buy an iPad for xMas if they hear the iPad2 is coming out a few months later? Even if its only a rumor, this could really affect iPad sales so of course Apple will try to keep quiet and ship 1st-gen models as long as it can.

This is the kind of news you don't want out 6 months in advance. I don't think RIM's early announcement hurt them... it kept their name in the game.
    Excellent points.
    11-20-10 04:40 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD