playbook forum on crackberry is full of "omfg playbook is the best, most advanced, most user friendly os, most blah blah blah blah blah, but oh yea we are all still waiting for os 2.0"

playbook forum on the real OEM RIM blackberry website is full of complaints, hardware issues, bad quality control, problems, problems and more problems, and some more problems.

it really puts the hammer on the nail when comparing the forum users of crackberry vs blackberry. It really shows how crackberry will defend the blackberry to its death, all at the same time when other forums show major issues.

i have not seen a community so happy with buying a incomplete product and patiently wait for the OEM to release a new patch in its 2nd FISCAL YEAR after the product launched.

guys the os 2.0 software update DOES NOT solve hardware related problems
    02-11-12 12:14 PM
    Or maybe CB users are more advanced/experienced, willing to go through the news, experiment and come up with solutions, while BBSupport forums are just the guys that jumped at the price slash therefore have no idea what to do and how to fix when problems arise?
    02-11-12 12:19 PM
    So what hardware issues are you talking about ????
    The PB software issues have been highlighted, but the Hardware is solid.

Do you even own a PB, or just decided to troll our PB forums.

And why are you comparing other forums with CB.....

Your message clearly indicates your motive to start a flamewar. Good luck fighting it.
    02-11-12 12:21 PM
    Troll Patrol
    There aren't any hardware problems, its all software needed...
    Barljo likes this.
    02-11-12 12:25 PM
    The blackberry forum like most manufacturers sites is where people go to look for answers to problems. Crackberry is largely an enthusiasts site. By definition enthusiasts like the product they use. Makes me wonder what your doing here.
    02-11-12 12:28 PM
    I post on both forums.
    The RIM forums are considered a support area so, yes you are going to see more posts related to support issues.
    02-11-12 12:31 PM
    Same BS is found on the Apple support forums...user error and poor reading comprehension accounts for more then half the complaints. That said, this thread is brazen trollery at its finest.
    rjedge54 and Paulrobs7 like this.
    02-11-12 12:37 PM
    Oh, and don't forget to rate this thread appropriately.
    02-11-12 12:40 PM
    Hardware problems with PB? Really?? I do not even see any review on net which has not appreciated the hardware, be it screen resolution or awesome cameras or awesome sound recording and playback or the wonderful design which is so much pleasant to hold (with less possibility of dropping it) or great placement of speakers on the front side. Also with its 1GHz processor and 1GB RAM, it gives much better and fluid performance than any of 1.5GHz Android tablets. The only gripe which I noticed in any review or with any particular user experience is power button which we all accept here on CB.
    Now coming to odd problems with hardware which are only few cases, that is bound to happen with any mass production and for this reason, there are always returns and warranty. Go check the Apple support forums or any Android forum, you will find hundreds of posts about people with hardware problems of iPad, iPhone, etc.
    The only thing where PB falls short of iOS/Android was in number of applications supported or some inbuild apps like PIM, etc (especially for those with no blackberry phone). And this fact is accepted by all of us here. OS2.0 is taking out most of these, and icing on cake is much better unified inbox experience, not available on any other tablet. Regarding Apps, slowly but surely we are moving on towards getting all the good apps and games. Ofcourse we are still quite behind the head start which iOS and Android have.
    Paulrobs7 likes this.
    02-11-12 12:44 PM
    Crackberry.com forum is a real-site for hard-core blackberry user not much people know about it except the real Crackberry'ers

Blackberry.com forum is random people buying product knowing nothing about product and expect too much of course when they put their hope too high and isn't getting what they expected they go to blackbery.com forum to complain about it.
    BuzzStarField likes this.
    02-11-12 12:46 PM
    The recent positive threads about the PlayBook are mostly backlash to months of trolling and negativity aimed at this forum by people that didn't have nor intended to get a PlayBook. There's a difference between I Love my PlayBook and this thing is perfectly flawless. The flaws are known and discussed ad nauseam. Doesn't mean it can't be useful, awesome and fun.

You expressed these same sentiments in a humorous thread about being addicted to the PB. Did seeing that cause you so much angst that you had to start a thread to temper the positive outlook?
    Last edited by TheScionicMan; 02-11-12 at 12:56 PM.
    02-11-12 12:51 PM
    i have not seen a community so happy with buying a incomplete product and patiently wait for the OEM to release a new patch in its 2nd FISCAL YEAR after the product launched.
    Thanks for setting me straight. Who knew that in order to lead a full life, I should be an unhappy, unsatisfied, impatient harbinger of despair and negativity? I'll stop trying to produce quality software for a device that is so obviously devoid of advanced hardware.

I am wondering though, why my app has become so popular all of a sudden. Is it because several developers on this site got together and found a way to access the device's magnetometer? Stupid thought, I know...
    02-11-12 12:53 PM
    im on my 2nd playbook,

when i did post my hardware related problems on crackberry forum, everybody DEFENDED and jumped to the conclusion that i was running beta 2.0 and it was SOFTWARE related.

Can you guys explain why ALL apps close by themselves?

Can you guys explain to me why my browser loads sometimes 50% or up to 80% and then just sit there for 10-20seconds before it finishes loading?

Can you guys explain to me why my playbook would not stay turned off, i had it turned completely off, yet whenver i plugged a charger in, via usb or cradle, it would power itself on?

Can you guys answer why my touchscreen went crazy? I had answers like your tv, your modem/router, your electronics plugged in will make it go crazy, my answer was well nothing changed in the last 3 weeks of me owning it, and its acting crazy now, not 3 weeks ago, but right now.

Try to get the 90x day free tech support, once you put in your serial # it just says its invalid and you must contact RIM, funny since i bought my 1st playbook off the blackberry store website. - So they cant even track serial #'s of their own inventory.

Hardware, really are you guys this oblivious to the dead pixels, the false charging of the OEM charging pod, dirty camera lenses, horrible android app porting over where the bezel swipe for back button work like 50% of the time, it works for some areas of the app but not all, its really annoying. OEM manufactures put playbook on the bottom of the To-Do list, for example Netflix has a app for every other tablet/phone on the market and is still struggling after its 2nd year in the field to get a app on the playbook.

Multitasking, it works and it doesnt, sometimes you run out of your memory, sometimes it doesnt, its hit and miss, i usually keep appworld, battery guru, todays alarm clock, music playing in the background and a browser open with a few tabs, and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt.

It makes sense when somebody posted that RIM forum maybe more orientated towards support and feedback, vs this is just a happy community. Thats fine, but dont jump on the bandwagon saying my hardware related problems is all due to running beta 2.0 and start defending the playbook like its the holy bible or something.

You guys cant ALL be brainwashed to think the playbook is sooooooo awesome, yet its been missing a key part for quite some time now.
    02-11-12 12:58 PM
    OP, in your 46 post you seem very unhappy with your PB. I am sorry that you can not find a single thing you do like about the PB. Since you don't seam to want to ask how but only want to draw people to a negative view point of the PB I suggest you ease your stress by putting it away, find something you do like, and move on with your life. Life is to short to be so upset over a tablet.
    Just some friendly advice.
    Last edited by Hgouck; 02-11-12 at 01:05 PM.
    Paulrobs7 and scelerati like this.
    02-11-12 01:02 PM
    I hope a mod puts this thread out of its misery.
    VanCity778 and Chaddface like this.
    02-11-12 01:04 PM
    im on my 2nd playbook,

when i did post my hardware related problems on crackberry forum, everybody DEFENDED and jumped to the conclusion that i was running beta 2.0 and it was SOFTWARE related.

Can you guys explain to me why my browser loads sometimes 50% or up to 80% and then just sit there for 10-20seconds before it finishes loading?

Can you guys explain to me why my playbook would not stay turned off, i had it turned completely off, yet whenver i plugged a charger in, via usb or cradle, it would power itself on?

Can you guys answer why my touchscreen went crazy? I had answers like your tv, your modem/router, your electronics plugged in will make it go crazy, my answer was well nothing changed in the last 3 weeks of me owning it, and its acting crazy now, not 3 weeks ago, but right now.

Try to get the 90x day free tech support, once you put in your serial # it just says its invalid and you must contact RIM, funny since i bought my 1st playbook off the blackberry store website. - So they cant even track serial #'s of their own inventory.

Hardware, really are you guys this oblivious to the dead pixels, the false charging of the OEM charging pod, dirty camera lenses, horrible android app porting over where the bezel swipe for back button work like 50% of the time, it works for some areas of the app but not all, its really annoying. OEM manufactures put playbook on the bottom of the To-Do list, for example Netflix has a app for every other tablet/phone on the market and is still struggling after its 2nd year in the field to get a app on the playbook.

Multitasking, it works and it doesnt, sometimes you run out of your memory, sometimes it doesnt, its hit and miss, i usually keep appworld, battery guru, todays alarm clock, music playing in the background and a browser open with a few tabs, and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt.

It makes sense when somebody posted that RIM forum maybe more orientated towards support and feedback, vs this is just a happy community. Thats fine, but dont jump on the bandwagon saying my hardware related problems is all due to running beta 2.0 and start defending the playbook like its the holy bible or something.

You guys cant ALL be brainwashed to think the playbook is sooooooo awesome, yet its been missing a key part for quite some time now.
    Either
    1. you got a lemon and you have to change it (it may hapend, to any brand)
    or
    2. you play this the noobish way ?

IF you run beta, its NORMAL some of us wrote "you shouldn't have".
    Now, for what you describe, since my first post, you're the only one to collect so many problems ... probably 1 would apply then.

If you want to get rid of this by yourself, the first step is to wipe and downgrade to latest official release, and the leave it alone plugged on your wall charger for a nite. If you're still stucked, your PB is defective, use the year guarantee and have it changed.

P.S: did the "truth" forum helped you more than most of us did when you went here ?
    02-11-12 01:10 PM
    im on my 2nd playbook,

Your hardware problems are due to the 2.0 beta. The Playbook is the holy Bible incarnate.
    02-11-12 01:11 PM
    I would have contacted RIM and asked for a replacement if I had all those problems.
    02-11-12 01:12 PM
    "every wonder why". It appears that some users could do with a grammer/ spell checker.
    Review your rant before posting please.
    vespajet and Pdinos3 like this.
    02-11-12 01:14 PM
    So it should be "every wonder why the dev beta might be buggy"
    BBplaybookJS likes this.
    02-11-12 01:15 PM
    the playbook went back, after owning it for 3 weeks

i tried for about 4x days troubleshooting prior to contacting RIM,

ive only had to send a RMA back once for a Gigabyte motherboard from newegg.

ive never had a highly priced electronic item work flawlessly for a few weeks, then just start acting weird, it either was DOA and RMA right then and there (motherboard) or works and keeps working until i physically drop it or damage it.

i reverted back to a stable 1.0.8, my issues was still very apparent, and that is why it went back to RIM,

so again people are defending the software beta 2.0 as the culprit
    02-11-12 01:25 PM
    Best suggestion posted so far is for you (OP) to rid yourself of this quarter-baked, useless, non-functioning, POS PB post haste; if for no other reason then for your own mental health. It is clear that there is nothing the PB can do to make you happy, and like a bad marriage, just give it up, take the hit(s), and move on. 40+ posts of misery tells me you're due for some relief, so say hasta la vista, baby.
    Pdinos3 and vespajet like this.
    02-11-12 01:32 PM
    OP, in your 46 post you seem very unhappy with your PB. I am sorry that you can not find a single thing you do like about the PB. Since you don't seam to want to ask how but only want to draw people to a negative view point of the PB I suggest you ease your stress by putting it away, find something you do like, and move on with your life. Life is to short to be so upset over a tablet.
    no i enjoy it for what it does,

but when ppl on this forum throw out bad-misleading info like sell your latop because you can program network code on your playbook is just ridiculous.

ive asked for support, it was non-existent saying its my fault for running a beta os.

ive read what ppl post on here, its a very biased view of blackberry products,

check out the front page, easily 20% of the threads are about what im going to do when os 2.0 comes out.

my question is why do you stand by a product where RIM failed to update major OS for 2x fiscal years?

should the playbook been launched without the proper OS, yes and no, yes to move units to make $, no since the playbook is unfinished.
    02-11-12 01:34 PM
    +10 well said!!! amen
    02-11-12 01:35 PM
    OP, I understand your sentiments. I also had a rough start with the Playbook. My first two PBs were nothing but problems, both hardware (dead/stuck pixel, bulge, light bleed) and software (freezing, screen not turning off, etc.) I felt exactly what you feel now. Returned the two PBs and thought I was done with RIM.

I bought a few different Android tablets after that. All of them were fantastic and had many things I wish the PB had. But I kept longing the PB's ease of use. So I decided to give it another chance and bought a 16Gb for almost nothing. That one was problem free (except for the bulge). I used it more and more often until one day my wife said ”you have your Android tab, can I use the PB). I said "OK", but kept using the PB every once in a while, which my wife didn't like. So I ended up selling my Android tab (which kept its value pretty well I have to say) and bought myself a 64gb PB, which is near perfect (no HW issues). Yes, the browser and some other apps quit unexpectedly every now and then. But this also happened with my other tablets.

Long story short, you may want to give the PB another chance. Just exchange it. There is still a possibility that you will get a defective unit in exchange. But if you get a good one, you'll be happy. And, as others mentioned, wait for the stable OS 2.0 release.

Edit: As for users on this forum, you have to understand that this is a fan site, and some of the fans do sometimes take their affection to an extreme.
    Last edited by kennyliu; 02-11-12 at 01:41 PM.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    02-11-12 01:37 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD