HELP, I keep getting this message on my PB saying "bridge locked enter password" I enter the password and it tells me it's incorrect and the re enter and press unlock...when did this start???
    05-23-12 10:53 PM
    Never happened to me... Is your phone locked?
    05-23-12 10:55 PM
    Okay, let me clarify, I do have a password on my phone, so I was used to putting one in to retrieve the messages on my PB. I noticed there is a different screen that comes up and says "bridge locked" so usually when I enter the password, if I enter it incorrectly, it says "attempt 1/10", etc...but this time it didn't. When I know I entered the correct password. So then, I disabled the password on my phone and ship the PB off and restarted it, when I went to my bridge messages it keeps flashing white screen, black screen....like it's trying to retrieve the messages but can't!!! So wierd..i have had this since the first day it went on sale
    05-24-12 09:15 AM
    have you shut down your phone and reboot / restart bridge app? looking at the bridge app I don't see an option to put a password on bridge itself.
    05-24-12 09:26 AM
    I think the one that is effecting you is the Blackberry Balance Password.
    You should be able to go into edit change password I think this is the one that works with the bridge.It should ask you if you want to keep the playbook sign in password and the balance password the same.
    05-24-12 09:31 AM
    I noticed that other people reported the same problem. I would suggest that you delete the pairing of the two devices (in your PB tablet go to settings -->bluetooth, turn bluetooth connectivity on and all the paired devices will appear, click on the pencil icon and delete your phone profile. You might also need to do the same from your phone by going to the bridge app click the menu button and select delete tablet. Then you need to pair them back again (it won't take more than 30 secs). Out of curiosity, do you happen to be on BES?
    darmarat likes this.
    05-24-12 06:40 PM
    I had a similar situation with mine. I tried everything listed here and the lock loop and flashing screen would return in short order. The problem persisted for about 3 weeks. Yesterday I did a security wipe and restore from a backup a month old on the phone, not the playbook. So far so good. I am guessing that the message corruption was on the phone and not in the playbook. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
    05-25-12 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD