It's a cheap charger.
    Last edited by lorax1284; 06-13-14 at 07:45 PM.
    05-16-11 11:00 AM
    Hi! Your outlet is not grounded properly. The touchscreen of a playbook and any modern "pad" reads the electric current of your finger to measure input.

Its a habit that occurs with iPad etc too.
    Just try another outlet.
    05-16-11 11:09 AM
    I believe I am having exactly the same problem. What's even worse is that once my PB is laid flat, without being charged, the screen works funny and comes back with erratic key strokes. I am in doubt this is caused by the grounding. I phoned PB service and they also don't believe either. I would think it is a software issue.

To Lorax, have you talked to RIM and if so, what did they say about it?
    08-26-11 12:07 PM
    I also had this problem when using another charger as I couldn't use the supplied one because I imported the Playbook from the US. Since I have an adapter for the original US charger and a quick charging stand I haven't encountered this issue anymore.
    08-26-11 12:15 PM
    I have had the same problem with the included wall charger. I was charging it in the same place as all my other devices. It seems with all the cords and outlets the PB would even do things on it's own. To the point that it would lock up. It has something to do with electrical fields. Since I started charging it in a different location I haven't seen that happen again. It looks like your using the usb to charge in that video. First try to move the PB away from the computer as far as the cord will reach and try again.
    08-26-11 03:45 PM
    These issues make me laugh, people want to exchange or think there device is defective or blame the company that makes them, then it turns out it's there house that's faulty. talk about a tail between your legs moment. Not saying this poster is a complainer, I'm talking about the people who whine and bash playbooks lol
    08-26-11 03:49 PM
    finally!!! although my problem was much worse. my 64gb would act like that ALWAYS! plugged in or not, touching the screen or not. as long as it was on, it would do that. it started a few days after i put the otterbox case on it, so thought that may have been the reason, removed the case and it still did it. ended up spending about 6 hours over 3 days on the phone with RIM's customer support trying all sorts of things before sending it in for their techs to look at it. 10 days later i received my brand new 64gb playbook and haven't had the problem since. however, i am very hesitant to put the otterbox case back on it as its too coincidental that a 2 month old playbook would start acting up 2 days after putting a case on it.
    08-26-11 03:50 PM
    yea, ive also noticed mine does this while charging, screen just behaves wierd. But thankfully no lasting issue as it goes away when of charge.
    08-26-11 03:58 PM
    These issues make me laugh, people want to exchange or think there device is defective or blame the company that makes them, then it turns out it's there house that's faulty. talk about a tail between your legs moment. Not saying this poster is a complainer, I'm talking about the people who whine and bash playbooks lol
    A little touchy are we. Who's blaming anyone? Doesn't have to be a faulty house either. Since I already had one post removed I will try to be more polite. Would you kindly re-read the thread and point the basis for your comment.
    08-26-11 04:09 PM
    A little touchy are we. Who's blaming anyone? Doesn't have to be a faulty house either. Since I already had one post removed I will try to be more polite. Would you kindly re-read the thread and point the basis for your comment.
    I think it's you who needs to re-read.
    08-26-11 04:42 PM
    mine only does that during file transfering (from a desktop pc), i agree with takeo that the problem is caused by the electrical grounding.
    08-26-11 05:24 PM
    power source is jacked. mine does this when use a power converter in my work vehicle.
    08-26-11 06:45 PM
    Hi Guys,

had the same issue a while ago you can find the discussions and several solutions
    here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...arging-633471/

hope it helps.
    08-27-11 12:50 AM
    posts like these make me laugh, I've documented this issue here months ago, and RIM's playbook support actually came back and said this was a known issue, and that a coming software update would fix this. i travel to different places, and i get the same result when my playbook is plugged in, whether i'm in san diego, LA, new jersey, NY, PA, boston, or Hawaii
    08-27-11 06:57 AM
    I believe I am having exactly the same problem. What's even worse is that once my PB is laid flat, without being charged, the screen works funny and comes back with erratic key strokes. I am in doubt this is caused by the grounding. I phoned PB service and they also don't believe either. I would think it is a software issue.

To Lorax, have you talked to RIM and if so, what did they say about it?
    Mine behaves funny even when it is not charging too... only when the device is flat.

This morning, I had my PB on the floor flat, I was on the browser and as I had my finger on the web-page (not moving), I noticed the page going really crazy... like it thought my finger was moving across the screen when it really wasn't.

It might be worth giving RIM a call about it.
    allhookedup likes this.
    08-27-11 07:50 AM
    posts like these make me laugh, I've documented this issue here months ago, and RIM's playbook support actually came back and said this was a known issue, and that a coming software update would fix this. i travel to different places, and i get the same result when my playbook is plugged in, whether i'm in san diego, LA, new jersey, NY, PA, boston, or Hawaii
    You said in that other thread that RIM told you what to do to help this issue. Would you mind sharing?
    08-27-11 09:30 AM
    Then there outlets are borked aswell. And as for the laying flat in a room, it's also been documented that electromagnetic currents in a room can cause the same problem even when not plugged into a bad outlet.
    08-27-11 05:35 PM
    i noticed this for the first time today! i was using an aftermarket charger, and just thought the charger was underpowered, as its normally used for my 9900. i shall try it in a different plug in my office at work, as it is currently running on an extension lead
    08-27-11 06:48 PM
    my outlet is grounded, my iPad does not exhibit this behavior when charging. When my PB is on the rapid charger, the touch screen becomes very hard to work with.

Why is this an attack on RIM? It is just an issue they need to address. iPad has their issues as well.

You guys are idiots.
    I'm still not sure who is attacking RIM. The chargers don't have a ground plug. I don't see how it could be a software issue.
    08-27-11 07:08 PM
    If have not seen a single charger - not even the original Blackberry charger (I have an US one) being properly grounding. Not sure if the original chargers for the EU market are any different. So I cannot tell whether a properly grounded charger would make a difference.

Having said this, if I connect my Playbook via USB to my DEFINITELY properly grounded laptop I still face the same problem. So it looks to me as if the capacitive screen is not properly or not sufficiently shielded.
    09-09-11 09:30 AM
    Which coming software update are you or RIM referring to? The next major release (2) or one of the point releases?
    09-09-11 09:35 AM
    Which coming software update are you or RIM referring to? The next major release (2) or one of the point releases?
    they didnt say, I questioned the rep (after being on the phone 3 HRS) and he only said a coming update. I asked him to email me a description of the issue so i will know what exactly to call it and he said he would, that was couple weeks ago, go figure.

Then there outlets are borked aswell. And as for the laying flat in a room, it's also been documented that electromagnetic currents in a room can cause the same problem even when not plugged into a bad outlet.
    so you're trying to tell me that every where i go, every hotel, california, hawaii, new york, philadelphia, has a problem with my 64 Gb and not my 16 Gb. Can I get some of what you are smoking?

You said in that other thread that RIM told you what to do to help this issue. Would you mind sharing?
    I will post the steps later, you wont like it, lol
    09-09-11 10:53 AM
    Use the original charger. I was initially using the BB Torch charger and experienced erratic keyboard behavior.
    09-09-11 11:29 AM
    I have 2 blackberry PlayBook chargers now, plugged into the same powerbar, one makes the screen erratic, one works perfectly. It can't be my house, it is a faulty charger.
    10-05-12 11:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD