12-29-12 02:19 PM
- Like braindigger, I've had no problems. I also use Bookreader. I have a variety of epub files on my computer & I simply copy them into the books folder on my playbook using Windows file manager over usb. From there, Bookreader can import them. What readers were you using? Can you see the files with the epub extension?03-25-12 06:02 PM
- I seem to have the same problem. I used Calibre to convert mobi files to epub format on the PC. Then I dragged and dropped them into the PB Documents folder. Windows Explorer can see them in the Playbook, but they don't show up when I look in the Documents folder in the PB itself. I D/Led ePub Reader Lite and it can't find them either. I tried dropping a .mobi file there, it's invisible too. I'm a brand-new user, figured I must have made some newbie error. Now I'm not so sure.12-29-12 01:54 PM
- Since the last upgrade (to 184.108.40.2064) I have had some problems with bookreader - all easily fixed
[Note: put your eBooks into the 'books' folder on your PlayBook - I find that this helps for me]
None of my ePub files(/books), that were previously readable in BookReader, were readable after the last upgrade (1314). Some mobi files had the same problem too, but all of the prc files still worked fine....
The fix is to just re-import the files into BookReader, eg just.....
- tap 'Get books'
- tap the correct folder (I have had problems pulling in eBooks from the documents folder, so store everything in the book folder instead)
- highlight the books you want to import
- press the + key (top right hand corner) - this brings up the Import dialog box
- tap the Import key (within the dialog box)
- wait 1-5 minutes, and hey presto!
12-29-12 02:19 PM
- Tap Library
- Tap a Book Title
- Enjoy your reading.....
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD