Hi,

After my Nexus 7 screen broke after just 4 months and neither the retailer nor ASUS wanted to know, I just bought a 64GB Playbook (�119!). I am actually very impressed with it and app availability aside actually prefer it to the Nexus, especially the sound.
    Anyway I need some help getting my work email to my playbook. I have just been given a Blackberry Curve 9320 which has been setup to get company email (Lotus Notes) pushed to it and that works just fine. I have setup the Playbook for my personal gmail and that also works as expected. I would however like to setup the Playbook to get my work email as well without having to use Blackberry Bridge. I noticed there is a Blackberry Mobile Fusion option under email accts, but my IT guys had never heard of it. What do they/I need to do to get work email setup on the playbook.

TIA

Gee
    02-26-13 02:10 PM
    Hi Gerry,

I use the playbook for enterprise mail and calendar. You'll need to get the settings from your IT group that should be configured to access your mail account. We use Exchange internally and I'm able to sync both calendar and email without any issues for over 16 months now as well as create meetings and invite attendees. Make sure when you go to settings and accounts that you input the advance setting options to access your mail server (ports/login, etc.)
    02-26-13 04:57 PM
    Gerry, my advice is the same as Hutch's, with one addition. I too use Microsoft Exchange with my Bold 9900 (through an outsourced provider), but to access the same email, calendar, and contacts on my PB, it's through ActiveSync to the provider's site. My provider gave me the proper web address, etc. Works like a champ. I don't know if Lotus Notes uses the same capability, but it may. As Hutch said, ask your IT guys.
    02-26-13 05:34 PM
    Had my playbook for a year now and am very happy with it. One of the first things I did was set up company email. Also use Lotus Notes. My IT department was not able to do it so with a little research was able to set up myself.

To set up
    1. Go to accounts,
    2. add new account
    3. Email, Calendar, Contacts
    4. Advance Setup
    5. Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync
    6. Description... I use work email
    7. Your work email
    8. Your work email password
    9. I chose to sync email, Contacts and password
    10. Click advance settings
    11. Description... I use work
    12. Domain.... Left blank. Depends on your company security... I think.
    13. Username... You will need to get from your IT dept..
    14. Email address & password will automatically populate as entered on a previous screen
    15. Lotus server name not IP address.... ???.server.com/servlet/traveler. You must type the server name, forward slash then servlet then forward slash then traveler
    16. I use port 80
    17. Use SSL.... Mine is off but depends on your security
    18. Push.... On
    19. Select sync time.
    Save and you are good to go.... Takes about 30 minutes for initial sync.

Good luck.
    reschp and pronomad like this.
    02-26-13 06:43 PM
    You can find a lot of the information to finish the above instructions by digging through the email setup already in your phone.
    Setup, Email Accounts, (menu button) edit, advanced options...
    02-27-13 05:45 AM