I know that I am new to this whole "BB thing", since I haven't owned a BB phone in years & I just got the PlayBook in Dec, but WOW!!! Why are there sooo many complaints?! I mean, everyone was heralding OS 2 as the Messiah of OS's and now, 24 + hours later, people are all up in rage over a couple of mishaps.

I have found that the new OS is working fine. My Camera is faster, I have a kick A$$ calendar that has a great SOCIAL interface. Sure, I have to be reminded about all my FB/Twitter/LinkedIn "friends" birthday, but even with that, it's so easy just to post a quick note to their profile.

I am just taking it 1 day at a time & learning about it all... so think about this:

It's only day 2 of OS 2 & people are going Crazy... Geez... No Wonder Apple is so successful. They have indoctrinated their consumers to WORSHIP & not complain....
    Spend some time on Macrumors around an iPhone launch and then get back to me on that theory of yours.

Point well taken on the Playbook though. I think part of the problem is that RIM drug their feet so much on OS2 that it helped feed a hysteria about its release and it got to the point that it wasn't going to matter what they released....people were going to be disappointed.
    02-23-12 10:48 PM
    Why are there sooo many complaints?
    You want to know why:

- Slow, slow, slow boot-up times w/OS2
    - Browser crashes still persistant w/0S2
    - Browser page scroll "checkerboarding" still exists w/OS2
    - Email account setup hit-n-miss w/OS2 (half baked for me)
    - Nothing earth shattering w/OS2 upgrade

... just to name few.

Can't understand how something that incorporates the same hardware can differ so widely as to the problems each user encounters, at least a PC has a valid excuse as to the wide range of issues... Hardware differences abound.

Took way too long for us to reach this point only for some to be no better off, was several months before my Bold 9900 achieved true "smart phone" status... Not impressed being a beta tester when the device has long surpassed the beta stage.
    02-24-12 01:13 AM
127 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD