I know that I am new to this whole "BB thing", since I haven't owned a BB phone in years & I just got the PlayBook in Dec, but WOW!!! Why are there sooo many complaints?! I mean, everyone was heralding OS 2 as the Messiah of OS's and now, 24 + hours later, people are all up in rage over a couple of mishaps.

I have found that the new OS is working fine. My Camera is faster, I have a kick A$$ calendar that has a great SOCIAL interface. Sure, I have to be reminded about all my FB/Twitter/LinkedIn "friends" birthday, but even with that, it's so easy just to post a quick note to their profile.

I am just taking it 1 day at a time & learning about it all... so think about this:

It's only day 2 of OS 2 & people are going Crazy... Geez... No Wonder Apple is so successful. They have indoctrinated their consumers to WORSHIP & not complain....
    02-22-12 08:54 AM
    It's what they do. While pressing for new features and pointing out flaws or bugs is healthy for a Brands development, this bunch has become the most whiny bunch of un-serious users I've ever seen. That's what happens when toy-boys come to a Brand with no serious use in mind.
    Last edited by chasvs; 02-22-12 at 06:12 PM.
    02-22-12 09:00 AM
    The update is fantastic. but the community OVERHYPED it immensely. and unfortunately anything with that amount of hype will NEVER live up to it.
    02-22-12 09:04 AM
    But my new OS can't even cure cancer. I think I heard the iPad can...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-22-12 09:04 AM
    iPad can't even cure boredom
    02-22-12 09:07 AM
    This is normal. I'm surprised I haven't seen a "When is 3.0 coming?" thread started yet. It's like this on all platforms when there are updates though. A lot of the posts here are from trolls too. This site seems to attract them by the hundreds...
    Willard814, andy957 and derrickps3 like this.
    It�s not Apple's or any other company's fault. Is just people asking for something that they alone need. The typical comment "Oh I'm so dissappointed because it doesn't have [insert wacky request here], shame on you RIM/what a POS/FAIL/etc." is just so short-sighted is ridiculous. Understanding that any tablet is still ages away from replacing a real computer is the first step to actually realize what you need and can expect from any tablet.

But of course, most people don't know what they need and why exactly they need it.
    It�s not Apple's or any other company's fault. Is just people asking for something that they alone need. The typical comment "Oh I'm so dissappointed because it doesn't have [insert wacky request here], shame on you RIM/what a POS/FAIL/etc." is just so short-sighted is ridiculous. Understanding that any tablet is still ages away from replacing a real computer is the first step to actually realize what you need and can expect from any tablet.

But of course, most people don't know what they need and why exactly they need it.

^^ This....
    02-22-12 09:09 AM
    My Camera is faster............. ........................................
    ..........They have indoctrinated their consumers to WORSHIP & not complain....
    Agreed. My Camera is faster too. I can just feel it.
    I mean I didn't have a stop watch but Seriously its way faster.
    It took Maybe 0.4 seconds and now it just feels only takes 0.3 seconds.

The OS 2.0 never promised for a faster camera, but RIM delivered a faster camera, which shows they gave us even more than what everyone was expecting in some cases.

So we can finally close this case about all these complaints and move on.

p.s. numbers above are not necessarily factual but based on feelings.
    Also I not indoctrinated to WORSHIP & not complain (I just feel my camera is faster)
    Willard814 and cdelcampo216 like this.
    02-22-12 09:10 AM
    It happens. In the Tech Universe people tend to want the Bigger Better Deal.

I love the update. Not everyone is as easily pleased though. And I like that they question and want more.

It's the one's that aren't constructive with their Critisism that are a bother.
    drmike, Xavier85 and cntrydncr223 like this.
    02-22-12 09:10 AM
    To be honest, I have no complaints. Everything updated just fine and works.
    Willard814 and mbbpb2012 like this.
    02-22-12 09:11 AM
    Sad but true, society use to look at a half glass of water as half full, now its looked at as half empty. I'm glad I choose to look at life as "half full" or else I would be one miserable bast***d
    02-22-12 09:15 AM
    I think the amount of moaners ans complainers is tiny.
    While most of the supporters are now :
    1/ Playing around discovering all the "can" and investigating workarounds for the "can't" do
    2/ Having a rest, after this crazy day/night
    3/ Just believe they don't have anymore to fight against some (I don't mean all) awkward customers, facts&usage doing more than tells.
    They just feel free to add threads ... and cry a little.

So just relax ... and enjoy.
    02-22-12 09:18 AM
    It's all true ...but human nature is TRIP. RIM has really done some cool
    stuff, unbelievable cool stuff, but some posters are impossible to please.
    These are the people looking for a muscle car out of 70's that gets 50 MPG on regular gas.
    Last edited by Betmen; 02-22-12 at 09:24 AM.
    02-22-12 09:19 AM
    people aren't complaining for the fun of it, if you look at the threads the complains are about bugs they have, I upgraded to os2 and I love it, but print to go isn't working for me and bbm crashes at launch, I did ignore the bbm issue because I rarely used it on playbook, but I need print to go, if I was an apple fanboy I would ignore that too and say it's the best update ever, but I need my tablet to work the way it's supposed to
    sagec and Willard814 like this.
    02-22-12 09:20 AM
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What all of you have said. I see tapioca pudding, and the naysayers see, well....I don't want to go there.
    02-22-12 09:20 AM
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What all of you have said. I see tapioca pudding, and the naysayers see, well....I don't want to go there.
    02-22-12 09:21 AM
    Oh my, I think I've developed a stutter.
    jafobabe and cntrydncr223 like this.
    02-22-12 09:21 AM
    This is normal. I'm surprised I haven't seen a "When is 3.0 coming?" thread started yet. It's like this on all platforms when there are updates though. A lot of the posts here are from trolls too. This site seems to attract them by the hundreds...
    A wish list for OS3 was started before OS2 launched so I'm sure the "When will it be released?" posts won't be far behind.
    cntrydncr223 likes this.
    02-22-12 09:25 AM
    Oh my, I think I've developed a stutter.
    Lol! Dontcha hate when that happens?
    02-22-12 09:26 AM
    people aren't complaining for the fun of it, if you look at the threads the complains are about bugs they have, I upgraded to os2 and I love it, but print to go isn't working for me and bbm crashes at launch, I did ignore the bbm issue because I rarely used it on playbook, but I need print to go, if I was an apple fanboy I would ignore that too and say it's the best update ever, but I need my tablet to work the way it's supposed to
    You're not complaining, you're having issues. That's totally different so don't fell concerned by this !
    I wish we can help you. Unfortunately, no print to go here ... yet.
    Willard814 and cntrydncr223 like this.
    02-22-12 09:28 AM
    Many of us have been active on the forums, reading and posting information about 2.0 so those of us who could be bothered to do a little research, knew what the update was about and what it was NOT going to include.

Then you have the other group who couldn't be bothered to do any research of what the update was going to include and maybe they heard from their IT friend Bob that " You can load market place onto a thumb drive and now plug it into the play book and load any android app you want" and that was the extent of their research. Now they are up in arms that this feature wasn't included.

I downloaded and received exactly what I was expecting. I'm happy with some of the features like remote control, but am disappointed with the android app selection many of which don't work. But with that said, I read they were going to be android apps from android 2.# so I wasn't expecting much.

I think it's annoying to try to weed thru the BS posts that were created by a handful of folks who couldn't be bothered to use the search feature to find content that had been covered weeks ago. Just my 2 cents.
    02-22-12 09:31 AM

Wrong. They complain because they didn't get exactly what they wanted. YOU, are the one who don't know what they want and why. Can you fault people for wanting Netflix, Skype, Kindle, Pandora, and on and on? They don't want to replace their computer, they just want the apps that are easily available EVERYWHERE else. Even my Roku has these apps. So I ask you this, are all these developers at fault for not have BB apps? What roadblock do they all have in common? R I M.
    vegetto_456 likes this.
    02-22-12 09:32 AM
    Hey I agree, I'm having a blast,so far everything is loading,lot better than it was.
    02-22-12 09:34 AM

But you do of course. No?
    02-22-12 09:34 AM
127 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD