http://m.engadget.com/default/article.do?artUrl=http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/18/apple-on-ipad-competition-windows-is-big-and-heavy-android-i/&category=classic&postPage=1

Sorry for the engadget mobile link, if someone wants to link the full page then feel free.

I'm intruiged by what is not mentioned..........

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-11 05:52 PM
    01-18-11 06:53 PM
    Also its not an interview, it is a few statements from the conference call Apple had about there earnings today. Another interesting statement was that Apple no longer has any more exclusive agreements for the iPhone, AT&T was the last and is over!
    01-18-11 06:57 PM
    Mods: Please move to iPad forum. Nothing Playbook here...
    01-18-11 07:38 PM
    Only if you could be a mod .. Smh.

Well I guess the original poster put this up because of Apple arrogant attitude towards RIM imo I think this is a terrible attitude of Apple.

Btw I do own my fair share of Apple product and I surely will be getting a PlayBook!

01-18-11 09:16 PM
    Only if you could be a mod .. Smh.

Well I guess the original poster put this up because of Apple arrogant attitude towards RIM imo I think this is a terrible attitude of Apple.

Btw I do own my fair share of Apple product and I surely will be getting a PlayBook!

it's the tail between the legs bc a tablet has finally come with the UI and specs to out do their precious sanitary napkin device
    01-18-11 10:16 PM
    Mods: Please move to iPad forum. Nothing Playbook here...
    I think it's very much Playbook related.

I find it interesting that zero comment was made regarding the PB. Either Apple do not recognise it as competition, or they have thier tail between thier legs as dsquared2 mentioned.

Maybe just deflection conversation about it?
    01-19-11 05:55 AM
    To me it feels like Apple is scared by the PB. If they weren't, they would mention it. I think not mentioning is their way of trying to believe that a solid competitor does not exist.
    01-19-11 08:35 AM
    Apple sold over 7 Million iPads last quarter, and are over 14 million for the first 3 quarters of existence. I doubt that they are terrified since they already have a huge leg up on the competition. I think he didn't mention Playbook specifically because it isn't out yet but you can right now get Windows and Android tablets. Why compare your current device with a yet to be released device when your 2nd gen product will be available about the same time? My guess is that when the iPad2 is announced, that is when they will start comparing it to the Honeycomb Tablets and Playbook.
    01-19-11 09:59 AM
    RIM wasn't afraid to do a live comparison of the Playbook to the Ipad. RIM want's ppl to compare their product to the best competition out there. Now, that's showing confidence in your product!!

I don't think Apple want to have the Ipad compared to the Playbook...for obvious reasons.
    01-19-11 03:30 PM
    Don't get me wrong, I'm all about BB products, but I really doubt anything has Apple shaking in their boots. There's a huge base of consumers that will always buy iProducts simply because they are made by Apple.
    01-19-11 04:00 PM
    RIM wasn't afraid to do a live comparison of the Playbook to the Ipad. RIM want's ppl to compare their product to the best competition out there. Now, that's showing confidence in your product!!

I don't think Apple want to have the Ipad compared to the Playbook...for obvious reasons.
    So RIM is showing comparisons against a device that was released almost a year ago. How about they do a comparison to tablets with comparable specs? That's like me doing a comparison of the next round of Android devices to last year's iPhone.
    devGOD likes this.
    01-19-11 04:30 PM
    it's the tail between the legs bc a tablet has finally come with the UI and specs to out do their precious sanitary napkin device
    Apple is mentioning Android tablets because the Honeycomb tablets are going to be their biggest rival this year and for the next few years. The Playbook won't sell anywhere near enough to compete with these two. Yes the Playbook is pretty damn impressive but it won't compete with the adoption numbers of the iPad and Honeycomb tablets.

Obviously the rise of Android was the biggest tech story of 2010. If I were Apple, I'd diss Android as much as I could as well.
    01-19-11 05:10 PM
    "scaled-up smartphones."

I think hes calling the Kettle black with that statement. iPad = a supersized ipod touch.
    1812dave likes this.
    01-19-11 05:57 PM
    "scaled-up smartphones."

I think hes calling the Kettle black with that statement. iPad = a supersized ipod touch.
    99.999999999999999999% world reaction to iPad introduction = big iPod Touch

The iPad, however, has been proven to be very useful. It really is a great tool thanks to the apps.
    01-19-11 06:20 PM
    99.999999999999999999% world reaction to iPad introduction = big iPod Touch

The iPad, however, has been proven to be very useful. It really is a great tool thanks to the apps.
    But it is true. Its ridiculously similar to the iPod Touch

01-19-11 06:26 PM
    I think that Apple is probably rethinking the iPad2 and what they want to do with it

01-19-11 06:58 PM
    I think that Apple is probably rethinking the iPad2 and what they want to do with it

hahahaha maybe break away from the iPod Touch that can print :P
    01-19-11 08:18 PM
    As has been alluded to, the numbers of iPads sold is astronomical and RIM's playbook has no one shaking in their boots as of yet, most of all Apple.
    01-19-11 08:22 PM
    RIM came too late, other jumped on board first. PB will be for die-hard BB users, and I know of nobody without a BB that wants a PB.
    01-19-11 09:41 PM
    Don't get me wrong, I'm all about BB products, but I really doubt anything has Apple shaking in their boots. There's a huge base of consumers that will always buy iProducts simply because they are made by Apple.
    Agreed. No one outside of us techies even know what the playbook is. Everytime iPad comes up in any way and I say I want a playbook, I have to explain that it's Blackberry's version of the iPad. Apple has everyone hooked on them being the best and the premier mobile products. They are sitting pretty and they know it.
    01-19-11 10:48 PM
    did anyone see five figure gestures for mutli-tasking on iPad2 (iOS 4.3), it is just hilarious as if mixing dough with the hand . It would be even more hilarious if they put they same on iPhone5 which is not going to have a home button.

iPad2 may have good screen but will still have an handicapped software trying to imitate PB's multi-tasking and no Flash support. IMO PB's OS will be way head of competition even it is released after an year
    01-19-11 11:37 PM
    This guy isn't too bright... "Microsoft tablets are big, heavy and expensive..." This guy clearly is not thinking before he speaks. Ipad is big, Ipad weighs in at almost 2lbs. and Ipad will most likely be the most expensive tablet too since Apple is way overpriced.

edit: forgot to mention how he said "its a scaled up smart-phone" ummm yea, so the iPad is what again? a scaled up iPod? oh thats right...
    Last edited by Frank2029; 01-20-11 at 10:38 AM.
    01-20-11 10:34 AM
    did anyone see five figure gestures for mutli-tasking on iPad2 (iOS 4.3), it is just hilarious as if mixing dough with the hand . It would be even more hilarious if they put they same on iPhone5 which is not going to have a home button.

iPad2 may have good screen but will still have an handicapped software trying to imitate PB's multi-tasking and no Flash support. IMO PB's OS will be way head of competition even it is released after an year
    You mean the PB multi-tasking that straight ripped off Palm's webOS? That webOS that was released in 2009? Yeah that's really way ahead of the competition.
    Last edited by alby4ever; 01-20-11 at 02:03 PM.
    01-20-11 12:36 PM
    This guy isn't too bright... "Microsoft tablets are big, heavy and expensive..." This guy clearly is not thinking before he speaks. Ipad is big, Ipad weighs in at almost 2lbs. and Ipad will most likely be the most expensive tablet too since Apple is way overpriced.

edit: forgot to mention how he said "its a scaled up smart-phone" ummm yea, so the iPad is what again? a scaled up iPod? oh thats right...
    Actually I hate to defend Cook's dumb statements about oversized smartphones, but you're the one who's not thinking before he speaks.

Microsoft is the only one without a tablet OS. They want to put Windows 7 in "slates" not tablets. They're going to be powered by Intel chips which take more power. They're by far going to be the heaviest portable devices.
    01-20-11 12:39 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD