Stubborn. Arrogant.
    08-12-11 03:22 PM
    Doesn't RIM have 3 billion in the bank? Why aren't they throwing mass amounts of cash at developers to make this platform something to behold?
    Because If they did, they would no longer have 3 billion in the bank.

Yes, Verizon 4G is really that fast!
    08-12-11 03:24 PM
    Doesn't RIM have 3 billion in the bank? Why aren't they throwing mass amounts of cash at developers to make this platform something to behold?
    What they really should do is throw a native SDK at us for free. Money doesn't write code without an SDK.
    OniBerry likes this.
    08-12-11 06:55 PM
    So RIM says end of summer for Native email, PIM & android player, But what is considered end of summer for them ?
    Waaaa Waaaa Waaaa where's my Wambulance?
    Do you REALLY have to bring this up again? What is the point, is this supposed to get it here sooner, or just make you feel better? Do you think RIM forgot?
    08-12-11 09:30 PM
    Do you think RIM forgot?
    Worse. RIM can't deliver.
    08-13-11 05:42 AM
    Which developers? I'd be happy if they threw some of that money at me, but if you mean their own developers: adding more people to a late software project only makes it later.
    08-13-11 08:24 AM
    only the icons for the pim and native email will be installed by the end of summer. no one said anything about working programs.

...it all depends on what the meaning of is is.
    08-13-11 11:14 AM
    Waaaa Waaaa Waaaa where's my Wambulance?
    Do you REALLY have to bring this up again? What is the point, is this supposed to get it here sooner, or just make you feel better? Do you think RIM forgot?
    Another one of your "useful" posts
    08-13-11 11:57 AM
    And seriously, enough of the jokes about 2012 or whatever, I will give each one of you $500 if the updates you guys are whining so much about don't come before Oct 31st 2011! IE Calender, Native Email
    I'll may be be calling you on that one :-)
    08-13-11 12:11 PM
    I'll may be be calling you on that one :-)
    I think the funds should be placed in escrow.
    blackmoe likes this.
    08-13-11 01:13 PM
    On another thread someone else asked about using the BB keyboard for text entry on the PB. Do you honestly think that will ever happen? This is what people mean when they say RIM doesn't innovate.

It isn't always the manufacturer's job to write the apps (it helps sometimes) but to lay the foundation. With a good foundation then a programmer could use the tools (Bluetooth, GPS drivers), and the OS APIs to code something useful.

Why don't they have BT drivers to control PLC and other devices? Headphones?

So until RIM gives people real tools, what we have is what we have.
    08-13-11 05:41 PM
    As one of the previous posters mentioned, we have Airplane Mode... Much better than Email, Ndk, Pim, Autocorrect, decent wifi able to hold a connection at n, support of decent video formats/containers, ability to print, wifi file sharing fix, etc...

iPad User "We can do all of the above at the same price"
    Playbook User "But we have airplane mode"
    iPad User "ahhhh.... we also have that"
    PlayBook User "dammm!!!"

Go RIM!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    jschu22 likes this.
    08-13-11 06:28 PM
    Thank god it doesn't have a brick mode! But maybe soon it'll have boat mode, where it magically turns into an anchor
    08-13-11 06:30 PM
    Thank god it doesn't have a brick mode! But maybe soon it'll have boat mode, where it magically turns into an anchor
    Some have suggested a "Paper weight mode"

When the wait for promised features pass and the user gets fed up waiting and would prefer not to drop $$ selling it, the PW Mode kicks in.

Thats inovation!

08-13-11 06:35 PM
    "Summer" is actually not a reference to time. "Summer" is a person. She is the super-cool BBMing, OS7 loving programer in charge of the email project. When it was asked "when will we see this" and the answer was "Summer" Balsillie was actually asking Summer to answer the question. Unfortunately, Summer has a drinking problem and couldn't make it to the interview after a hard night out with the fellas at Blackberry World. Tragically, the near-completed code for the email project project was on Summer's laptop, which she lost during the earlier night's binge. Summer is cute, popular and fun to hang out with so no one was too hard on her over at Waterloo. These things happen.
    Hilarous man !
    Nice cooked up story
    I was laughing out loud when reading it
    Very funny

08-13-11 11:10 PM
    A phrase comes to mind when reading yet another thread of " where is feature xyz and when will it be out?!?"

Wish in one hand and crap in the other, see which fills up first.
    08-14-11 08:34 AM
    So RIM says end of summer for Native email, PIM & android player, But what is considered end of summer for them ?
    Please stop starting threads about the 60 day, end of summer big bummer what ever crap - we're all sick of it. It will get here when it gets here period. To be as polite as possible, shutup about it. It's not news that some stuff is not here when it was scheduled. How about some constructive useful input? I can't wait til it gets here either so people will SHUTUP ABOUT IT. I'll be back then.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 08-14-11 at 06:56 PM.
    greatwiseone and mozzamay like this.
    08-14-11 06:52 PM
    Please stop starting threads about the 60 day, end of summer big bummer what ever crap - we're all sick of it. It will get here when it gets here period. To be as polite as possible, shutup about it. It's not news that some stuff is not here when it was scheduled. How about some constructive useful input? I can't wait til it gets here either so people will SHUTUP ABOUT IT. I'll be back then.
    Maybe you should go to RIM for some constructive, useful input. I heard their turnaround time on that kind of thing is about 60 days...
    08-14-11 09:10 PM
    +1.

Fanbois, lets hear from you. What is your defence now? Sprint just handed rim its --- on a platter, the OS has really gone nowhere in over two months... i want to know, what is your spin this time?
    Who cares. Last time I checked, people can spend their money any way they want. I spent some on a playbook and I don't give a crap what anybody thinks.

Luv'n my playbook.
    08-14-11 09:35 PM
    Who cares. Last time I checked, people can spend their money any way they want. I spent some on a playbook and I don't give a crap what anybody thinks.

Luv'n my playbook.
    When did the last time u checked?
    Coz when I see in this thread, most people have the privileges to tell others what to do and what not.
    08-14-11 11:08 PM
    When did the last time u checked?
    Coz when I see in this thread, most people have the privileges to tell others what to do and what not.
    I asked my mommy last week and she said you're a big boy now, do what you want.

Thanks mom.
    togardergrosse likes this.
    08-14-11 11:28 PM
    Some have suggested a "Paper weight mode"

When the wait for promised features pass and the user gets fed up waiting and would prefer not to drop $$ selling it, the PW Mode kicks in.

Thats inovation!

Did this update get released recently? I blew the dust off mine the other day and this mode was enabled by default.
    togardergrosse likes this.
    08-15-11 12:58 AM
    And seriously, enough of the jokes about 2012 or whatever, I will give each one of you $500 if the updates you guys are whining so much about don't come before Oct 31st 2011! IE Calender, Native Email
    Are you getting your bank account ready for the payouts? As of last night's call, your prediction is getting dangerously close to falling flat. BlackBerry DevCon is October 18-20, and RIM announced that PBOS 2 with native calendar, e-mail, Android, etc. will be released "shortly after." That "shortly after" needs to land within that 11 day window after DevCon, and that's not a lot of time, especially for RIM.

Considering RIM's track record for missed self-imposed deadlines, I have a feeling you will be buying me a new 9900, which coincidentally enough should be landing on AT&T about the same time your prediction fails.
    09-16-11 09:44 AM
    Are you getting your bank account ready for the payouts? As of last night's call, your prediction is getting dangerously close to falling flat. BlackBerry DevCon is October 18-20, and RIM announced that PBOS 2 with native calendar, e-mail, Android, etc. will be released "shortly after." That "shortly after" needs to land within that 11 day window after DevCon, and that's not a lot of time, especially for RIM.

Considering RIM's track record for missed self-imposed deadlines, I have a feeling you will be buying me a new 9900, which coincidentally enough should be landing on AT&T about the same time your prediction fails.
    lol im ready I have had this thread bookmarked cause I am ready to make my statement when it does come it before Oct 31st
    09-16-11 10:01 AM

What? Do you have this thread in a tickler file?

I hope his payout if it has to occur is not based on the price of Rim's stock.
    09-16-11 11:15 AM
109 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD