So RIM says end of summer for Native email, PIM & android player, But what is considered end of summer for them ?
    08-12-11 06:49 AM
    The summer is over on September 22.

It is still a while away.
    08-12-11 07:35 AM
    It depends on which end you are talking about. RIM probably meant the "beginning" of the summer of 2012. That would depend on when the snow melts.
    pixieloulou likes this.
    08-12-11 07:39 AM
    Depends on which hemisphere you're in.
    08-12-11 07:41 AM
    Which summer? Which Year? I don't recall saying that!? Lets see what they come up with this time...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-11 07:41 AM
    "Summer? I didn't say that. There was no such statement. We would have said Winter if we said anything. There is too much of this holding people to what they say anyway . . ."
    08-12-11 07:48 AM
    This is going to start a 100 post thread of RIMpire defenders... Someone please post the youtube clip of where 'summer' was mentioned...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-11 07:57 AM
    It was actually, end of winter, not summer.
    08-12-11 08:02 AM
    I just can't wait for someone at RIM to go Allen Iverson and say "Summer? Summer? we're talking about SUMMER"
    spike12 likes this.
    08-12-11 08:02 AM
    When is the end of summer in the great white north?
    08-12-11 08:03 AM
    When is the end of summer in the great white north?
    When winter starts
    08-12-11 08:08 AM
    Indeed, it's a trick. Summer never comes to Waterloo.
    pipotobe and austriker like this.
    08-12-11 08:08 AM
    Its funny to see how little you Americans know about Canada. Our summer is EXACTLY the same time as yours is. Begins June 22nd and goes until September 22nd or whatever.

And seriously, enough of the jokes about 2012 or whatever, I will give each one of you $500 if the updates you guys are whining so much about don't come before Oct 31st 2011! IE Calender, Native Email
    08-12-11 08:36 AM
    "Summer" is actually not a reference to time. "Summer" is a person. She is the super-cool BBMing, OS7 loving programer in charge of the email project. When it was asked "when will we see this" and the answer was "Summer" Balsillie was actually asking Summer to answer the question. Unfortunately, Summer has a drinking problem and couldn't make it to the interview after a hard night out with the fellas at Blackberry World. Tragically, the near-completed code for the email project project was on Summer's laptop, which she lost during the earlier night's binge. Summer is cute, popular and fun to hang out with so no one was too hard on her over at Waterloo. These things happen.
    Foreverup, LewLew23 and Cozmik like this.
    08-12-11 08:38 AM
    Its funny to see how little you Americans know about Canada. Our summer is EXACTLY the same time as yours is. Begins June 22nd and goes until September 22nd or whatever.
    Exactly. Shame. Canada is just like all of the other states in the union.

Joke.
    08-12-11 08:40 AM

And seriously, enough of the jokes about 2012 or whatever, I will give each one of you $500 if the updates you guys are whining so much about don't come before Oct 31st 2011! IE Calender, Native Email
    sign me up!
    shupor likes this.
    08-12-11 08:42 AM
    So RIM says end of summer for Native email, PIM & android player, But what is considered end of summer for them ?
    The keyword as you asked in your question is "for them".
    Yes we can all define what summer is, who summer is when it ends etc, but that is does not mean it would not mean the same thing to RIM.
    RIM "sometimes" follow a completely different calender or seasonal system than that is conventional, and therefore very difficult to realistically answer you question.
    08-12-11 09:05 AM
    If not Summer, it will be "The Winter of Our Discontent."
    08-12-11 09:21 AM
    Exactly. Shame. Canada is just like all of the other states in the union.

Joke.
    Well, maybe Microsoft will buy Canada when it buys Rim! Or I guess if Apple has more money than the US, it could buy Canada.
    08-12-11 09:23 AM
    Oct 31st? Hmmm. . . so what Jim should've said was "native e-mail is scheduled for within 196 days." Got it.
    08-12-11 09:36 AM
    Oct 31st? Hmmm. . . so what Jim should've said was "native e-mail is scheduled for within 196 days." Got it.
    Ok, if you are going to be an a$$ dont say anything. I am making my own presumption about Oct 31st as that is 2 weeks after Devcon.
    08-12-11 09:37 AM
    Ok, if you are going to be an a$$ dont say anything.
    You're the one telling other people how to behave, which makes you the a$$. I simply made a joke based on what you said. Get over yourself.

I am making my own presumption about Oct 31st as that is 2 weeks after Devcon.
    Translation: You have no real support for what you're saying, but since you need to have something to counter the "whiners" (who in fact have a legitimate complaint), you decided to make something up. No worries though, I'm sure your next step is to deny ever saying it.
    howarmat, avt123 and jschu22 like this.
    08-12-11 09:44 AM
    Wow!! I'll hold you to that.
    08-12-11 09:55 AM
    Well I hope summer never ends so I guess I'll be waiting for a long, long time.
    08-12-11 09:58 AM
    It wasn't "summer". It was "SOME ARE". As in:

---Q: When will features like native email, calendar, messaging be available?

---A: Features like email/calendar/messaging over bridge are built in. So, technically SOME ARE already there.

It was just taken out of context.

(this is mild humor for the hilarity impaired - and I do mean mild)
    08-12-11 10:00 AM
109 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD